Jim Spergling

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
rabidtictac

Re: Jim Spergling

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:38 am

I skipped around in the video and it was the standard little bitch crying I expected, and indeed what I responded to originally before even watching the video.

I knew what the fat cunt was going to say. "Boo hoo hoo, the mean bot takes my money, wah wah. I need my 12,000 to pay my basic billth, baw haw haw. This is ruining youtube."

TBH Sterling's channel should be blacklisted considering the kind of language he uses every 3-5 seconds in any random segment of any video. Plus the dildo props and other edgelord shit.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:17 am

I agree with everything Poonoo said. Spergling, as usual, is completely out of his mind and using wrong arguments, where he compares something nobody criticized and conveniently doesn't talk about the real problem - he's basically lying at this point, but when this gets presented to an audience that can't think for themselves, most of them won't call him on his bullshit, because they are captivated by his confidence.

You can be a complete idiot, but as long as you are confident, you can (within limits) say whatever you want to and you'll still attract other idiots to follow you. I still find it amazing that Sterling is in bussiness, because debating with this fool, anybody should be able to win, if they just use their common sense. Trying to argue that a Walmart employee is the same thing as a shitty entrepreneur depending on a single source of revenue is beyond delusional. If the retard asked anyone else in the world that does actual bussiness (aka not youtube adsense money), if it's ok to rely on a single customer, he would be told to fuck off.

Fuck Jim Sterling. Whiny little piggy.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:12 am

I like how they all dance around the fact they were never formally employed by youtube, have no relationship WITH youtube and youtube has no obligations to them. They can't even claim to be workers on a contract basis. They're like dudes who showed up at your house with rakes and raked your yard, then they hung around with their hands out. You never asked for them to rake your yard. You never hired them. You never needed them. But they showed up anyway and raked your yard and now they act like you OWE them a living. Forever.

Fuck off, mate. You can't expect some giant corporation to materialize money out of thin air to give to you for videos that mostly have zero value. You're not a youtube "customer" (customers spend money and these fags don't) and neither are you an employee (employees are hired by companies.) The real youtube customers are advertisers who pay money to put their ads on your shitty videos. If they don't like your shitty videos and don't want their ads on them, youtube needs to change the algorithm or else the advertisers will leave entirely.
RAPEMAN wrote:

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:39 pm

Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:50 pm

Lots of cucks in the comments to that spergling video, lel. And Jim saying "fuck the smug captain hindsights" as if there WEREN'T hundreds of people shitposting how unstable and dangerous this youtube shit was for years. For years! We've been shitposting about youtube and e-celebbery being unstable since around 2010 IIRC. Oh, "captain hindsight" indeed. :D
RAPEMAN wrote:

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:14 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:50 pm
Lots of cucks in the comments to that spergling video, lel. And Jim saying "fuck the smug captain hindsights" as if there WEREN'T hundreds of people shitposting how unstable and dangerous this youtube shit was for years. For years! We've been shitposting about youtube and e-celebbery being unstable since around 2010 IIRC. Oh, "captain hindsight" indeed. :D
So was Busy Street and Archfiend was talking about how youtube can cut your revenue whenever they like around that time. Again with the facetious bullshit with him, he had to be the most intellectually dishonest cunt on youtube
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Just Some Random Guy

Post by Just Some Random Guy » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:40 am

Poonoo wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:03 am
Making rant videos on youtube has no value to any other company, and you can't run to another video service and expect to survive. TGWTG tried that and they came crawling back after 4 years. That is why people make the argument of relying on youtube being stupid, they can cut your rate of pay whenever they like, they have admitted recently they can flat out ban your channel and videos if they feel like it and they have recently started demonetising shit. If you were an actual employee, you would have guarantees in your contract about how much you would get paid and could sue them if they fucked around with you like this.
And that's the key issue. An employee might be "dependent" on their employer, but your employer generally can't just fire you if they feel like it, they need a valid reason, and it's possible to take them to court if that reason doesn't hold up.

But it seems to ignore another thing: It is possible to try to find alternate sources of revenue. If you have a dedicated audience, you can get money in other ways than being paid by the advertisers or even being off YouTube. Jim is ironically living proof of this, as when he left The Escapist, he was able to keep doing it for a living by starting up a Patreon and getting his money that way. Honestly, while Patreon is around, you can't whine about how YouTube treats you, because you have such an easy alternative source of income. It's hard to believe that someone who made enough cash off ads on YouTube to support themselves wouldn't have enough of a fanbase to make a living off of Patreon money.

Or, for a non-video example: As far as I know, the guy who does Order of the Stick makes a living off of it. The comic is free to access, he has no ads on his site, and no Patreon or donation link. He makes all of his money off of people buying the merchandise. If people like your product enough, you should be able to figure out a way to monetize it.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:10 am

Their product is shit though. Which is why they need youtube ad welfare.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Just Some Random Guy

Post by Just Some Random Guy » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:09 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:10 am
Their product is shit though. Which is why they need youtube ad welfare.
A product being "shit" doesn't mean it can't be wildly successful. All you have to do is look at the quality of most of popular entertainment to see that. The point is that if you have an audience, you can find other ways to monetize it than just ads.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:14 am

What I mean is there's nothing to differentiate their shitty videos from the thousands of others on the website.
RAPEMAN wrote: