Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Jim Spergling

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:34 pm

Guest wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:34 pm
fuck censorship

It is so ironic they want to ban other people and calling them the fascists.
It's like one of those totalitarian states whose despot is constantly bragging about how democratic they are.
Guest wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:37 am
They already gave permission to stream Firewatch and profit from it.

From the Firewatch FAQ (archive.is):
Can I stream this game? Can I make money off of those streams?
Yes. We love that people stream and share their experiences in the game. You are free to monetize your videos as well.
It doesn't hurt to let us know on Twitter when you're live. We might show up in your chat!
Someone should give them a link to their own FAQ. Hindsight sure is a bitch.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:21 pm

That's a bona fide written permission to not only use the game for streaming or LPs but also to monetize.
So PDP said "nigger". Did he do so in a video of their game? I'm sure he didn't as we'd know about that. You can't really pull that permission for something done much, much later.
Then again, he doesn't have to go the legal way. He could've just told YT "I don't like these specific videos that use my IP" and they likely would've pulled them. YT doesn't even want to get near a possible legal fight if they can just pull the videos with zero harm done to them.

Really the same situation as with Nintendo. You totally can make LPs of their games and earn full ad money without being their partner. You just can't do that on YT because the two have a deal.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:33 pm

These Firewatch people are more-or-less begging to pay PDP's damages
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:54 pm

I don't think he could make that case.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:14 pm

All he'd have to do is point to them saying 'Of course you can LP our game' and argue that they DMCA'ed him in bad faith, and they'd be ordered to pay his legal fees. It's an open-and-shut case
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

drisko

Post by drisko » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:36 am

If they talked to a lawyer, he'd tell them that. But I doubt it'll get to that point, Pewdiepie is big enough for it to not matter anymore.

Just Some Random Guy

Post by Just Some Random Guy » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:05 pm

Did they ever actually file the DMCA or was that just an empty threat?

rpgworm

Post by rpgworm » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:49 am

Just Some Random Guy wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:05 pm
Did they ever actually file the DMCA or was that just an empty threat?
I thik he did. The idiot just made a fool of himself, trying to impress people in a story he had nothing to do with.

I mean, what did he think would happen, he would be herald as a hero for standing up to Pewdiepie the racist?

And it all goes back to this mentality a lot of this internet activists have, they miss the point in a rush to made themselves as heroes.

The problem with SJW is not really politics, or what they believe, but they are so, so goddamned lame, each one behaving they are god's little gift to mankind, just like this firewatch motherfucker, nobody even asked his opinion, and he just pushed around this obnoxious hollier than thou attitude that just turn people off.

And that is pretty much why people don´t like SJW. Most don´'t say upfront, because now days this mean you are a nazi or something, and the confrontation is just not worth it, but the moral busybodies are just obnoxious and lame, nobody likes these people besides themselves. And they turn against each other in a drop of a hate, so have fun walking on shells for the rest of your life.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:15 am

I dream of walking on shells every night. *sigh* Some day...
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Joe Roscoe

Post by Joe Roscoe » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:46 am

The irony here is that of all people coming to Pewdiepie's defense is Anita Sarkeesian
Granted, this is mostly Anita covering her own ass if a DMCA were to strike on Pewdiepie but it should be noted Firewatch did give Anita a special thanks in their game I believe