Chris Pirillo

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Chippah

Re: Chris Pirillo

Post by Chippah » Tue May 23, 2017 3:20 pm

He was on Tech TV back in the day, mainly the show Call for Help. I grew up watching that channel so I kind of dig the guy. All of the people from Tech TV really. Good times :(

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Tue May 23, 2017 4:11 pm

@mad bum He has half of it and most of those subs are either dead, or they don't follow his content, obviously. On youtube, it doesn't work in such way that number of subscribers would in any way indicate how much traffic you get. If you gain several hundreds of thousands during 5 years, you can't expect most of these people to stick around, especially when you don't really do anything interesting to begin with and have an annoying douchebag persona.

Maybe my perspective has just shifted, but 10 thousand views per video was considered success in the year youtube started, not in 2011.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:25 am

In 2011 that would've been quite the respectable number of views, actually.
Larry, did you watch his intro video? That would answer your question immediately. He basically instantly tells people who want to watch tech videos, which must be what he was "big" for since he felt the need to address that right away, to fuck off.
Nobody cares about your boring life or your daughter that you named "Jedi" when you obviously ought to have named her "Mutt".
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Guru Larry
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Guru Larry » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:35 am

I didn't, no.

I think it's pretty pathetic when people hold on to past glories as their only point of relevancy. Why I never talk about my TV presenting days in videos, that was the past, but this is now.

Just Some Random Guy

Post by Just Some Random Guy » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:08 am

Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Tue May 23, 2017 9:46 am
Oh yeah, I vaguely remember Lordkat screaming bloody murder for the guy, along with Leo Laporte - then again, he was shitting his pants over so many people that it didn't seem out of ordinary.
Hrm, that's interesting. The one time I heard LordKat mention him was when he was ranting about how bad he thought Spoony's Patreon rewards were, and he said Chris Pirillo was an example of someone with good Patreon rewards. (ironically, Chris Pirillo has cut back on the Patreon rewards since then) What was LordKat so angry about?

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:11 am

Guru Larry wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:35 am
I didn't, no.

I think it's pretty pathetic when people hold on to past glories as their only point of relevancy. Why I never talk about my TV presenting days in videos, that was the past, but this is now.
That's when people like fred start showing up at malls for 50 bucks and a free lunch.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:53 am

Just Some Random Guy wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:08 am
What was LordKat so angry about?
No idea, it's been years and the guy is capable of being angry at anything and anyone for no good reason. I think this was before the Spoony thing. It's not like he hasn't talked shit about someone, then used them as an example to show how someone else is even shittier by comparing them.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:39 am

Guru Larry wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:35 am
Fair enough, but that's not what he's doing here. Imagine Linus Tech Tips drifting into obscurity for some reason or another and when you go check the channel out a couple of years later he doesn't do tech videos anymore and also tells everyone looking for such a thing to fuck off right in the autoplay intro video.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!