Trans-Snowflakes Megathread

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Trans-Snowflakes Megathread

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:36 pm

Guest wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:32 pm
So, the spiel: They want to change the definition of transgender from being a mental disorder because they feel that it being defined as such causes problems, so they set out to see if they could explain it as social pressure. Because that line of reasoning ends well.
It's the same crap they tried pulling with multiple genders. It's not a science, it's just supposed to make the special snowflakes feel better that they're not being classified as freaks or nutjobs.

Clearly, humanity needs another big war, otherwise I don't even want to think of what the next generation will look like. Normally, I would say that war is the worst thing that can happen, but humanity is convincing me otherwise - this is what happens when you have it too good for too long. The future is black. (That's just a stupid reference.)

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:41 pm

Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:36 pm
Clearly, humanity needs another big war, otherwise I don't even want to think of what the next generation will look like. Normally, I would say that war is the worst thing that can happen, but humanity is convincing me otherwise - this is what happens when you have it too good for too long. The future is black. (That's just a stupid reference.)
The funny part of that is that general consensus (and a lot of people screaming 'oh my god, what's happening!?') is that the next generation (those currently in early highschool or thereabouts) will be one of the most conservative generations in decades.

Basically, KIDS are getting sick of all of this.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:29 pm

Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:36 pm
Guest wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:32 pm
So, the spiel: They want to change the definition of transgender from being a mental disorder because they feel that it being defined as such causes problems, so they set out to see if they could explain it as social pressure. Because that line of reasoning ends well.
It's the same crap they tried pulling with multiple genders. It's not a science, it's just supposed to make the special snowflakes feel better that they're not being classified as freaks or nutjobs.

Wars are fought from command centers now, there's little need for infantry on the field.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:45 pm

You still kinda need them to actually hold the ground the Glorious Drone Warfare Master Race has conquered.
Guest wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:41 pm
Basically, KIDS are getting sick of all of this.
Kids are a social construct. We should abolish all kid privileges.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:03 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:08 pm
At least it's a podcast so you are never in danger of gazing at... whatever the fuck those two are.
Guest wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:18 pm
PROS: s/he adheres to the traditional spelling of "aerith" from FF7
It's "erifu", dammit!
Aeris or GTFO weeb
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:17 pm

Oh wait, I was wrong. It's "elifu".
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:29 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:17 pm
Oh wait, I was wrong. It's "elifu".
-All fanbases are shit

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:29 am

Lol Sephie is written as "Sefirosu". Someone should re-translate that as "Sephie Ross".

(Can you tell I never grew up with FF7?)
-Yours Truly

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:16 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:29 am
Lol Sephie is written as "Sefirosu". Someone should re-translate that as "Sephie Ross".

(Can you tell I never grew up with FF7?)
Ff7 was overrated, it was just ok in my opinion
-All fanbases are shit

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:35 am

It was pretty innovative when it came out - not only the visuals and the game world's size were really impressive for a PS1 game, that kind of narrative wasn't very common in games in general, let alone JRPGs at the time (unreliable main character, killing off one of the main waifus midgame, etc.). One of my favorite signs of that innovation is a detail on the game's tutorials - usually you have an instructor NPC telling you the basic info shit, but in FF7, it's Cloud who teaches the NPCs about controls and basic combat stuff (because he's the supposed Soldier First Class, you see).

But Adventia Children destroyed FF7 in general, and Cloud as a character in particular. Damn that pandering sack of shit to Hell and back.