Faggot Josh Hadley

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Cancer

Re: Faggot Josh Hadley

Post by Cancer » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:17 pm

I wasn't aware people still bragged about being straight edge. Crying out loud I'm straight edge (not fully but shhhhh) but that's because my family has a history of drug and alcohol addiction and I'm trying to not be them.

And by not fully I mean I drink low-alcohol content beverages in social situations to loosen up because, come on, who gets drunk off of a hard lemonade and who does it hurt to drink one?

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:58 pm

I don't have any idea who this dude is, but I like the name. It has a certain ring to it, like Captain Jonas Grumby or Lieutenant Reg Barclay. Faggot Josh Hadley.
Cancer wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:17 pm
And by not fully I mean I drink low-alcohol kahntent beverages in social situations to loosen up because, come on, who gets drunk off of a hard lemonade and who does it hurt to drink one?
I certainly drink more than one in social situations where alcohol is involved and do some weed too now and then, but I do respect the self-discipline of people who drink just one or two, or none at all. Much more than people who have to get fucking wasted every time in such situations. But straightedges who have this holier than thou attitude will have the same amount of respect from me that addicts whose lives revolve around drugs have.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:02 pm

I never drank or smoked drugs in college and people would call me straight edge. I didn't object to the term-- they could call me whatever as long as it gets me out of the peer pressure-- but I never called myself that.
お前はもう死んでいる。

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:35 pm

Cancer wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:17 pm
I wasn't aware people still bragged about being straight edge. Crying out loud I'm straight edge (not fully but shhhhh) but that's because my family has a history of drug and alcohol addiction and I'm trying to not be them.

And by not fully I mean I drink low-alcohol kahntent beverages in social situations to loosen up because, come on, who gets drunk off of a hard lemonade and who does it hurt to drink one?
I have drunks on all sides of my family. It's made me more careful about drinking in general. I don't think you have to worry. If you're able to drink socially and you have been drunk in the past (like really wasted) without losing your shit and going full Sploony, I think you'll be pretty much ok for life.

Not everyone who drinks gets addicted (isn't it like 10%?) and I'm pretty sure at this point that I'm one of those people who just can't ever become a raging drunk. I'd say it's because my life isn't shitty enough, but tbh it probably is. :lol: I can drink regularly almost every day and then suddenly drop it and not drink for the next 2 years.

I grew up with alcoholics all around me and developed a warped view on booze in my childhood years. It took me until adulthood to realize not everyone who drinks gets addicted and some people probably don't even have the ability to get addicted.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Cancer

Post by Cancer » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:03 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:35 pm
I have drunks on all sides of my family. It's made me more careful about drinking in general. I don't think you have to worry. If you're able to drink socially and you have been drunk in the past (like really wasted) without losing your shit and going full Sploony, I think you'll be pretty much ok for life.
I don't drink to get drunk and I rarely drink anything alcoholic as it is so I wouldn't know. I just don't want to risk it so I never really try to go beyond a single wine cooler or something.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:30 pm

I'm just saying, don't assume you can't handle liquor just because you have drunks in your family. You might be one of those 90% or so of people who drink alcohol who don't ever get addicted.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:01 am

Pope Corky III wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:57 pm
CM Punk also grew up in an alcoholic/drug addict household that was so bad that he ran away from home.
Nearly forgot about that, his dad would pick him up from soccer practice so damn drunk he threw up on the way home. Can't blame him for being edgy about it when you grow up in such a shit environment.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Pope Corky III

Post by Pope Corky III » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:14 am

Here's the thing about the straight edge movement in punk. When Ian McKaye first started it, he wasn't intending it to be a subsect, certainly not what you see now. A big reason why he started it was that when post people heard punk rock, they associated it with Sid Vicious, one of the biggest druggies in music history. So all normies assumed that if you like punk rock, you must shoot heroin in the dick every second. The straight edge movement was started to simply let people know, "no, we don't shoot heroin in the dick." That's it. But because humanity is shit, cunty jocks took the movement and made it douchey.

As for Minor Threat, how can we not mention this:
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:14 pm
He may have caught it at the same Bilderberg-Illuminati meeting as Prince Albert in a Can. I guess lizardmen aren't immune.

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:53 am

Teh jawks co-opted muh movement.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:37 am

Pope Corky III wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:14 am
As for Minor Threat, how can we not mention this:
Listening to these Minor Threat songs made me realise how much James Hetfield was initially trying to rip off the vocals before finding his own style later on.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.