Post by Poonoo » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:36 am

Stranger wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:17 am
Poonoo wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:13 pm
A certain DHI member already did it:

youtube
This person's voice is turbo gay.
He sure is lucky that gay acoustic guitar song he did is scrapped from the internet.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

ClawMidnight

Re: Mr.Metokur the Savior of the Interwebs & Slayer of all things SJW

Post by ClawMidnight » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:46 am

Wait is the "commentary community" still a thing? I haven't seen or been told about any videos from that sphere of the youtube in forever.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:35 am

ClawMidnight wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:46 am
Wait is the "commentary community" still a thing? I haven't seen or been told about any videos from that sphere of the youtube in forever.
Yeah, I thought BlackbusterCritic completely destroyed that community years ago.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Just Some Random Guy

Post by Just Some Random Guy » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:44 am

ClawMidnight wrote:
What exactly is the commentary community? I'd assume by its name that it's stuff like Let's Plays or Nostalgia Critic-style "reviews," but you said you haven't heard of any of them in a long time.

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:57 am

Honestly I'm pretty sure Jim's videos fall into the nebulous pit of, "commentary community," but for a more concrete example you'd have to look at Asa's terrible channel.

... so yeah, Jim is basically a higher quality commentary community channel.
"I currently have 274 pounds of lean mass. My nurse explained that since she'd just seen me walk a quarter mile that I basically was ripped underneath all of this fat." - Arnold Boogienigger

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:21 am

Stranger wrote:
You're a liar and a bullshitter that sets off false expectations! It's fine.

Now if you just gave me a fine mixture between Spergling, Kimble and Film Brain (perhaps a bit of Spoony's screeching), my ears could bleed again.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:24 am

Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:21 am
Stranger wrote:
You're a liar and a bullshitter that sets off false expectations! It's fine.
I just said it was turbo gay. Are you implying that gay is bad? Are you a homophobe? You wanna fight? I can assure you I'm hella buff irl and I will kick your homophobic ass.
"I currently have 274 pounds of lean mass. My nurse explained that since she'd just seen me walk a quarter mile that I basically was ripped underneath all of this fat." - Arnold Boogienigger

ClawMidnight

Post by ClawMidnight » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:33 am

Just Some Random Guy wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:44 am
ClawMidnight wrote:
What exactly is the commentary community? I'd assume by its name that it's stuff like Let's Plays or Nostalgia Critic-style "reviews," but you said you haven't heard of any of them in a long time.
It's a bunch of people that do like response videos to videos other people made that was kind of like "the ranting community", there'd definitely be some crossover. And as said above some of Metokur's stuff is sort of like the old commentary community stuff. There are people from it that are still around but I'm pretty sure the "community" (if one could even call it a community) basically disintegrated into nothingness and got subsumed by the youtube skeptics and youtube sjws war.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:34 am

Just Some Random Guy wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:44 am
ClawMidnight wrote:
It was part of the old internet culture and includes a lot of channels that are dead now. These were primarily people who commented over other peoples' blogs and let's plays. Sort of like a react channel except without the tween audience or clickbait. Most of the videos were mp3 files pasted into WMM over someone else's vlog. Or they were mp3 files merged together (replygirl audio source + original audio source) with powerpoint slides over it.

"But tictac, that sounds like dogshit!" Yes. Yes it was.

Asalieri was one of the "larger" channels in this group, but there were a lot of them. You could also consider retsupurae as being one of those kinds of channels, before they lost their nuts and started streaming.

The commentary community is gone now, outside of some super specific shit like that fucker Bearing vs Kevin Logan and the anti-pro SJW slapfight, which continues across multiple replygirl vlog battles. Commentary community used to be a lot more generalized than that. It was a community of fags who would slap audio commentary over basically anyone else's video. Maybe they disagreed, maybe they agreed, etc whatever.

I wanted to troll them, but it never worked out aside from Asa. :lol: At the time, nobody was negative about commentary channels, and I thought it would rile them up unreasonably.

BTW this is a good lesson for all those channels trying to pay their billth with anti-SJW, let's play or atheist shit now. The commentary community is just GONE. These fads fade over time. Your niche might be more mainstream'd, but it's definitely not normie and you could go away tomorrow if interest fades.

Jim's videos are like a very high-end version of commentary community videos. What he's doing now isn't really different from ye olden tymes of Mamma K: Cucknadian Insanity.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:27 am

Man that shits pretty old, Black DSP hasn't been to WNF in a long time.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]