Mathew "I'm Cryin', Youtube's Dyin'" Patrick

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Re: Mathew "I'm Cryin', Youtube's Dyin'" Patrick

Post by MegaNigger » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:18 pm

I think everyone who emulated James and dud the angry review gag failed to see one thing; James is just likeable.

He's not an autistic sperg like say, Mike Matei or Doge. He made a hobby into a little money maker, but it's never been his whole god damned life it seems.

Please correct of misguided
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:28 am

AVGN just wants to make movies. His Nerd persona just happened to get popular. That's why he doesn't care as much as someone like Mike Matei would. Matei is only relevant because of James in the first place.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:11 am

The "Nerd" isn't completely just an "online persona" - he's James from his childhood, as those clips from his old VHS home videos show. That's why it felt very sincere in the past, I think, because James managed to channel his childhood autism pretty well.

And that's why other angry reviewers failed miserably: because they have to fake up their anger, because they only know how to act like that from AVGN. They don't have a childhood experience of being angry and frustrated at something.

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:12 am

Le Redditeur wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:11 am
The "Nerd" isn't completely just an "online persona" - he's James from his childhood, as those clips from his old VHS home videos show. That's why it felt very sincere in the past, I think, because James managed to channel his childhood autism pretty well.
I say "persona" because it's his childhood nerd but turned up to eleven. It's, "based on a true story," if you will.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:49 am

Le Redditeur wrote:

And that's why other angry reviewers failed miserably: because they have to fake up their anger, because they only know how to act like that from AVGN. They don't have a childhood experience of being angry and frustrated at something.
That's what also made the early reviews so funny, because things like top gun happened to me when I was a kid also.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:34 am

mad bum wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:49 am
Le Redditeur wrote:

That's what also made the early reviews so funny, because things like top gun happened to me when I was a kid also.
Yeah, that ninja turtles game suuuucked. My kid brain thought it would be like the awesome SNES/SEGA game.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:05 pm

Le Redditeur wrote:
James also got hit by that when he ran out of steam. Some of his newer videos basically have him go through a checklist of curse words.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:15 pm

His newer videos don't have the same authenticity. You can tell he's just going through the Nerd motions now. His new wrestling video is just unremarkable blech.
Is Spoony dead yet?

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:25 pm

He's still getting a million views for every new video, however he may not be getting nearly as much as he used to and resorted to crying.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:31 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:05 pm
James also got hit by that when he ran out of steam. Some of his newer videos basically have him go through a checklist of curse words.
I would say that these new videos are barely watchable. Not because they would be that painful, but they have zero value. When he's not talking about the game, clearly showing that he has very little knowledge on the subject (because he's playing or talking about games he has no prior experience with), he's repeating the same old catchphrases to death, and at that point, it would be better off to just let it go.

And I just hate that forced loud talking, when he's trying to be dramatic all the time, like he's always living in anger, except it's painfully not fitting at all and just comes off as awkward. Why is he trying to be DSP's cousin?

He clearly has no love for the show anymore, there is no effort being shown at all, but I suppose just like Doge, he'll continue doing it because it brings most money. But unlike Doge, he still has a chance to transform it into something better, because unlike him, he can produce decent content. Douche Walker? Not really, not in many years has he produced anything that I wouldn't think is a big waste of time.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.