Mathew "I'm Cryin', Youtube's Dyin'" Patrick

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about

Re: Mathew "I'm Cryin', Youtube's Dyin'" Patrick

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:46 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:14 pm
His wife must be legit retarded. She looks like she's halfway brain dead at all times. I thought at first that she just couldn't speak English but I doubt she can speak Hebrew any better.
I mean... they used to write and illustrate children's books before they did youtube.

Take from that what you will.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:36 am

I'm not a fan of "the know" or rooster teeth but the salty tears from this is gold.

MAH JEWTUBE MONEY!!!!!111!!

Honestly I can't wait for these people to fuck right off and try to go to twitch where it's already over populated, then maybe some normies can grab a small audience with youtube and actually do something as a fun hobby, and maybe even make some beer money.

Instead of BLIPBLIPBLIP they should honestly focus on vid.me and get a head start now while they can.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:56 pm

I've been discussing with people who are bent on stating that what Youtube is doing is an attack on free speech, and the arument usually bogs down to, "people are dependent on these big platforms for content nowdays".

Funny, I remember that before Youtube, people delivered content just fine by writing it on blogs, and before that they had personal websites dedicated to their interests. I myself kept a website dedicated to gaming and walkthroughs of games that I particularly liked when I was a teenager (messing around with that site gave me a base of knowledge in HTML, CSS and Javascript that made me get into web development later on).

What happens is, content creators got both lazy and greedy. Lazy, because writing stuff down is harder than just firing up the webcam and blabbering about whatever (usually with no audio quality control whatsoever). Greedy, because they want to get partnered and start earning RIGHT NOW through Youtube.

The moment you start expecting that corporations become the guardians of free speech is the moment when you have to pull your head out of your ass and really think about what you're saying. Corporations never cared about free speech, they always cared about profit. Google, Facebook, these jerks are only doing what their profits demand. If you're dissatisfied with them, then stop using them. Make defending free speech a profitable endeavour.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:16 pm

They act like youtube owes them all this shit.

"YouTube owes me their audience."

"YouTube owes me ad revenue"

"YouTube owes me to be able to make money on whatever kind of video I want to make."

Fuck off, youtube doesn't owe you dick. You agreed to their TOS and they are a private corporation. As much as it might suck, even shit like free speech doesn't enter into the equation. Go make your own video host and see how many views and how much money you get. Can't do it? Oh, you feel entitled to YOUTUBE's audience, eh? That's not how shit works. You want youtube's audience, then you gotta play by their rules. They'll give you the ad revenue they want to give you for whatever videos THEY think deserve monetization.

Don't like it? Feel free to sue. But don't expect to win like h3h3.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:51 am

People still, unironically, put "Smash that Like button!" in their descriptions. That's the core essence of YT right now. The sheer patheticness of so many producers desperate to make it is just too much to bear.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Seele

Post by Seele » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:29 pm

It begins. Mat's goin' down the shitter slowly but surely.
God's in his Heaven/All's right with the world

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:46 pm

Good, Something to wipe that smug grin off his face

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:49 pm

Good. All he does is paraphrase or copy more well known theories over and over, anyway.

When he doesn't do that he just takes the most obvious part of something, makes an assertion, then moves forward assuming said assertion is true and tries to convince you of it.

His theory videos are some of the most boring, pseudo-intellectual drivel I've ever seen. I'll take the 1500th reading of the Squall is Dead theory over his videos any day.

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:42 pm

I like how he's posting this shit like

"Everyone should be outraged! Muh YouTube money! Free Speech is now in jeopardy!"

No. Nobody else gives a shit. Go get a real job you talentless fuckwit cuck!
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:49 pm

CIANIgger wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:42 pm
I like how he's posting this shit like

"Everyone should be outraged! Muh YouTube money! Free Speech is now in jeopardy!"

No. Nobody else gives a shit. Go get a real job you talentless fuckwit cuck!
Just can't handle the fact that people are moving on and not watching him anymore.
AVGN isn't as popular anymore and you don't see him crying about it.