Spoony the Pussy One: Life is in the Render Queue

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
rabidtictac

Re: Spoony... nothing else to say really

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:09 am

Livy wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:31 am
I thought this piece of shit was "out of time' and "about to lose the house?" I guess that was usual bullshit lying, or maybe the pity money check from Miles got lost in the mail that month.
I think he is about to lose the house. I think he is out of time. Why the hell else would he even do livestreams? He went from about 6 months - a year of doing jack shit, to suddenly scrambling the jets to get streams out.

Spoony hates his fans. He hates his life. He hates playing games on camera. The ONLY way you could get him to engage with his fans and turn a camera on to play games would be by hiring some repo men to bang on his door with a "past due" bill.

I don't buy the "spoony rich parents" theory and I don't buy that he's totally fine and has tons of savings. We only know what he tells us about his financials, which isn't much and is probably lies anyway. All we know is how lazy he is. If he were doing ok, he would never stream. Not ever.

It takes a while to lose your house. Banks have to go through foreclosure proceedings and it takes time to fall far enough behind on payments to get booted, especially if you refuse to leave. Spoony doesn't have many living expenses outside of his too-expensive mcmansion. Odds are pretty good that he's spending through what little savings he has now and he'll soon be destitute. These streams are saving him because of the ExtraMana cucks lining up to micro-donate their life's savings.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:01 am

Bartnopolis wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:39 am
While I suppose this question is more suited for the ranting/commentary thread, I seem to reckon that a separate sissy fight between Spoony and Armake broke out many many years ago. Am I hallucinating it or something along the lines did actually happen?
I think ED or somewhere mentioned that during one of Armake's many drunken livestreams he lashed out at him and called him a pretty boy. I never saw footage of it though, it was only mentioned in passing. I think in one of Spoony's commentaries when he said Armake was an influence on him that he didn't like him for some reason, I don't think Spoony had anything to do with it though since it was just Armake being a spergy retard as usual.

Can't talk about Armake without posting this:

Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:04 am

Spoony talked about Armake in his Alone in the Dark vlog/review. That was very long time ago though, when he was still considered mediocre Spoony, not entirely transitioned himself to Shitty Spoony. And I know almost nothing about Armake, but he always seemed like a cunt. Not like a person who has fun doing something, but just a bitter, hate filled cunt, sensitive to any humor directed at him.

Only legitimately good videos that I consider entertaining even nowdays are from the FMV series he did. I do like the Ultima series as well, but I can't deny it's degradation into shit - basically, as the games become worse and worse, do did his reviews.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

SpoonyOne?SpoonyDone

Post by SpoonyOne?SpoonyDone » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:56 pm

Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:15 am
somehow, he found audience that's willing to put up with his bullshit.
It's actually not even that uncommon, sad as that is. I do some Youtube stuff and I had a guy once tell me to "not push yourself too hard" when I mentioned I was ill at one point. Push myself too hard. From making gaming videos. Figure that one out.

He was a nice guy by all means, which makes me worried because it's another example of that kind of person who is blinded by perspective bias and so easily manipulated by people they like. You know, the remaining part of Spoony's fanbase. Perspective bias is like a drug which blinds people, and they don't break out of it until they finally spent some time away from the object of their obsession. With Spoony's "fans", they still continued to follow him on Twitter even if he wasn't streaming, so they never broke out of their infatuation with him. We should rename the Spoony Experiment to the Cult of Spoony by this point, because that's what it is. It's (appropriately) like one of those crazy Vault experiments from the Fallout series.

I actually get Spoony with the whole bitching about having to cover a particular game thing. Covering a game you don't like because others want you to can be a bit debilitating, particularly as games are supposed to be a fun past-time. The difference, of course, is that Spoony is such a cunt that he would actively insult his own audience for something like that, rather than just gritting his teeth and keeping it to himself like most people would. If he doesn't even want to cover a certain game, than why does he put it up there in the first place? He HAS to be desperate by this point or he wouldn't even bother.

A bit problem with Youtube in general is that people don't really care about videos, and they rarely ever have. What they want to a human quality to relate to. Building an audience nearly always requires some kind of personality that viewers can cling to; a lot barely even care about what's being covered so long as its "their guy" doing it. Objectivity isn't really there. Why did people want the AVGN to cover Sonic '06, when it's been done (better, I might add) a million times before it? It's more they end up much more in love with the person than with what they even do, whether they realise it or not. There are some exceptions to this, like Peeved Pedro, but a lot of the early Youtube personalities in particular had more cults of personality than true fanbases, and Spoony amongst others is a remnant of that.

It's a bit demoralising when you're trying to do one thing and people latch onto something else, but that's just the way it works out I suppose. People need a humanistic element to be able to relate to something. There's a reason why corporations spend so much on advertisements trying to make themselves look like they're not a faceless, unaccountable, money-grubbing business.

Boogie's Panniculus

Post by Boogie's Panniculus » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:36 pm

What is "futch"?

I saw some people bringing it up in the xcom2 streams and it seemed to upset spoony/jackson.

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:52 pm

Boogie's Panniculus wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:36 pm
What is "futch"?

I saw some people bringing it up in the xcom2 streams and it seemed to upset spoony/jackson.
Some guy named Roy was in that stream begging Spoony to say Futch, and Spoony just reacted in his "Don't TELL ME... HOW TO PLAYYY..." style ; "ROY..SHUT up..."

a quick google search:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=futch
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:46 pm

SpoonyOne?SpoonyDone wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:56 pm
A bit problem with Youtube in general is that people don't really care about videos, and they rarely ever have. What they want to a human quality to relate to. Building an audience nearly always requires some kind of personality that viewers can cling to; a lot barely even care about what's being covered so long as its "their guy" doing it. Objectivity isn't really there. Why did people want the AVGN to cover Sonic '06, when it's been done (better, I might add) a million times before it? It's more they end up much more in love with the person than with what they even do, whether they realise it or not. There are some exceptions to this, like Peeved Pedro, but a lot of the early Youtube personalities in particular had more cults of personality than true fanbases, and Spoony amongst others is a remnant of that.
This is like some kind of Bella Swan Syndrome. People are just desperate to find the one guy on YT to project onto.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:55 pm

It's YOUtube. It was exactly because of the human element and the pretty much direct wire to the video maker that it was as successful as it was.
Does anyone here remember the pre-Google time of Youtube? Video replies and talking about stuff with people from all around the world in a way that wasn't possible before was what made YT what it was. Where do you even see that now on the site? The only time you see someone mentioning another channel is either for a shoutout, some cooperation to boost each other's sub counts or fan fucks. Back then you had thirty people making video discussions via video replies where everyone could join in. It was genuinely interesting.
With being able to just monetizing your videos that has died off completely. I am a hardcore capitalist but easy monetization killed the spirit of the site.

Spoony, however, never was part of the community even back when he was considered "Good Spoony". He was always a hermit to his heavily-moderated forum. Him not interacting with his fans or the rest of the community didn't come after the success, it came well before. He always thought he was above it. Oddly enough, it seems like that encourages people to obsess more about the video maker instead of less. Gives off an aura of untouchableness I suppose. All the successful YT faggots don't ever answer comments or mention other channels in a non-business manner.

With streams however it's completely different. All of the sudden direct interaction with the chat is very important and Spoony just can't deal with that shit. I really don't get why he streams in the first place. It's what he does, by far, the worst and he seems to hate every second of it. He's a moron to not just actually make a normal video again. That's what the people wanted to see from him all this time.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:59 pm

DONT TELL ME... HOW TO ... BE A .. YOUTUUBERRR
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:07 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:55 pm
Back then you had thirty people making video discussions via video replies where everyone could join in. It was genuinely interesting.
I remember that. That's how I've discovered one guy who made a reply to AVGN's first video. Too bad this then got abused by reply girls, which is why I believe it was pretty much shafted and nowdays everything is just automatically recommended. No more replies.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.