Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Angelfire Memes

Re: Spoony... nothing else to say really

Post by Angelfire Memes » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:14 pm

CIANIgger wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:07 pm
Angelfire Memes wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:57 pm
Was the Phantasmagoria LP post-Scarlett? Still to this day one of about 3 let's plays I actually find watchable. I thought the Minority Report review was good at the time, although that's only because he was firmly mired in the Shitty Spoony era by then. Now, meh.

I first discovered DHI during the Scarlett breakup if that counts.
I've caught up on those LP''s he did, and come on... he scripted the fuck out of his "reactions". It's bullshit

I cannot fathom what people ever found funny about this fuck. He is incapable of being funny unless he somehow puts work and prep time into it.
Well yeah it was scripted but I didn't mind that. It was obviously influenced by MST3K/Rifftrax who are all scripted. As long as it entertains me I don't give a fuck if it's scripted or not. Give me that over "hurr poopy ass dicks" unscripted streamers or current year Spoony, 90% silent streaming with all the wit and charm of a fatal car accident.

I'm not an authority on that though as I generally see Let's Plays as cancer anyway.

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:33 pm

CIANIgger wrote:
I cannot fathom what people ever found funny about this fuck.
It was a different time. Back then there wasn't this metric fuckton of le quirky nerd content getting pumped out left and right. Spoony hit the jackpot by being one of the first people to explore a new niche and also be passably entertaining while he did it.

In those days, there was a unique appeal to some guy in his parent's basement brother's kitchen producing a show about FMV games that was actually as watchable as a real TV program. If Spoony firsts appeared with the same shit in 2017, he'd forever be one of those 4k views per vid, 1.2k sub channels.

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:55 pm

Early angry reviewing was like being a teenager and randomly running into someone who had the same fond memories of shitty games as you. You could both laugh about that N64 title that gave you fits back in the day, then go about your way. Its ten years now and Angry Reviewing refuses to leave, hence the lost charm.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:39 pm

The market wasn't flooded like it is now. Watching shitty 360p video reviews about video games, your choice was largely limited to gamespot, xplay, gametrailers and camcorder reviewers.

People like DSP and tgwtg fuckers bitch about how flooded the market is now, without realizing they're the reason it is the way it is. If they'd tried to create quality videos, they'd have pushed the market more towards quality than quantity.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:06 pm

Does anybody still enjoy early Spoony? I despise the lazy fucker so much that I just can't bring myself to watch anything he's touched.

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:17 pm

Guest wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:06 pm
Does anybody still enjoy early Spoony? I despise the lazy fucker so much that I just can't bring myself to watch anything he's touched.
I don't but its not because I now hate spoony. The novelty of what he does has just worn off. He should have retired in grace after his Ultima review because the angry reviewer genre as a whole has been tapped dry.

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:26 pm

Guest wrote:
Very rarely do youtube content creators pass "tolerable" to me. Tolerable is probably like RLM or even that furfag YMS.
Like FF8/10/10-2 and anything else I'd count among his good stuff, he stays pretty tolerable, like 90% of the time. The shitty skits have always been a chore to watch, however.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Angelfire Memes

Post by Angelfire Memes » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:43 pm

Guest wrote:
His Thing review is still entertaining to me. Maybe it's nostalgia though. That was the first thing of his I saw. It felt more genuine than the other angry reviewer schtick of the time.

I showed it to my friend at school, turns out he'd heard of it. His words were something to the effect of "the guy who runs that site is a right cunt". 10 plus years later, that's pretty funny to me.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:57 pm

Angelfire Memes wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:14 pm
CIANIgger wrote:
Angelfire Memes wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:57 pm
Was the Phantasmagoria LP post-Scarlett? Still to this day one of about 3 let's plays I actually find watchable. I thought the Minority Report review was good at the time, although that's only because he was firmly mired in the Shitty Spoony era by then. Now, meh.

I first discovered DHI during the Scarlett breakup if that counts.
I've caught up on those LP''s he did, and come on... he scripted the fuck out of his "reactions". It's bullshit

I cannot fathom what people ever found funny about this fuck. He is incapable of being funny unless he somehow puts work and prep time into it.
Well yeah it was scripted but I didn't mind that. It was obviously influenced by MST3K/Rifftrax who are all scripted. As long as it entertains me I don't give a fuck if it's scripted or not. Give me that over "hurr poopy ass dicks" unscripted streamers or current year Spoony, 90% silent streaming with all the wit and charm of a fatal car accident.

I'm not an authority on that though as I generally see Let's Plays as cancer anyway.
According to a video he said most of it wasn't scripted, but he's also a pathological liar.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:02 pm

Guest wrote:
Haven't actually tried it since his fall from grace. I guess I'd feel pretty dirty watching his old stuff. It'd be like watching one of your former favorite movies after the lead actor turned out to be a serial killer or something.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette