Flustered Fernando and the Seven Pesos

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Flustered Fernando and the Seven Pesos

Post by mad bum » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:58 am

Every day youtube hopes more and more that they will either get bought or become netflix and dump 99% of the internet nobodies in the trash while the markiplier's get the c-list celebrity status they want so badly doing sitcoms.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:23 am

Just Some Random Guy wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:41 am
Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:40 pm
Guiz, my shitty bussiness that I've build while relying on one platform that I have zero control of is struggling, baaaw!
What's confusing about Joe's complaining is that there's an easy way for him to fix the problem for himself: Make a Patreon. He wouldn't even need to make any rewards or anything; if Moviebob can make $3,500/month with no rewards, Joe would easily recoup any losses from demonetization with a Patreon. Spend less than an hour making a Patreon and his monetary issues, if he really has them, are fixed.

Maybe it's a point of pride or something?
It's something we talked about before but when your audience is very young they are less likely to give you money on patreon. Boogie has his shit hidden now but he was making $1000 on Patreon despite having millions of subs. But people like David Rubin who has a smaller audience rakes in 29k a month on Patreon. I think Joe knows that his audience are mostly a bunch of dumb kids so he knows the Patreon won't help him all that much.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:05 am

mad bum wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:58 am
Every day youtube hopes more and more that they will either get bought or become netflix and dump 99% of the internet nobodies in the trash while the markiplier's get the c-list celebrity status they want so badly doing sitcoms.
Definitely. YouTube Red has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that they want to become Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime etc. They don't want all this internet nobody bullshit. The viewership is too small and it don't pay enough. Plus a lot of e-celebs get the bulk of their income from patreon anyway, and youtube gets no cut from that.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:19 pm

You know what would be the greatest thing ever? If someone bought Youtube and shut it down the next day.

Snow Baller

Post by Snow Baller » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:29 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:52 am
Nitro fucked his channel by quitting his job. Long story short is he noticed he could get more money from youtube than a job, and he didn't like his current job so he quit it and plans to beg more to make up the difference. He could have kept his job and enjoyed that youtube side money in addition. Or used the youtube side money as unemployment so he could quit his job and find a new one he liked more while growing youtube.

But instead, because his channel is still in the growth bubble, he thinks "oh I'll just quit real-life jobs and become DSP. I'll make tons of money playing games for the internet."

The best he can hope for is this doesn't work out and he gets another real job. I say that's the best because going full DSP and spending 10 years of your life as a dancing bear for the internet while you torpedo your entire real life is not a good idea. You won't be getting retirement, you won't be getting experience, you won't be "employed" by anyone, you won't have references and it could all be taken away tomorrow.

Patreon could go down tomorrow. Youtube could demonetize 100% of your videos tomorrow and tell you to fuck off. Twitch could ban you. None of these websites e-celebs make money on have contracts or employ you. You can't expect shit.

The very act of turning a hobby into a job kills shit on so many levels. In order to meet weekly schdules you have to get content and shit to do videos about, but what do you do when you have no ideas or its a dead seasons for news and such? Well you gotta shove something out there that is shitty and reaching. It just spirals from there with other factors coming in.

One great thing of youtube demonetization is that I can link directly to people without feeling as guilty about giving them views as they make much less of everything.

If anything everything going to shit and crashing is good. It will squeeze more people out and it might mean those that are left are those still doing it just as a hobby. It might clear out the cancer and make finding good shit a tiny bit easier.

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:10 pm

Snow Baller wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:29 pm

The very act of turning a hobby into a job kills shit on so many levels.
This. And people wonder why the quality sucks or it "doesn't seem as fun anymore." You can't have it both ways. Those that try to suffer burnout and a noticeable decline. The ones that treat it like a business slowly get perceived at shills and sellouts, because they probably are. Those that keep it as a hobby--surprise!--end up quitting Youtube so they can actually keep having fun.

Not saying you can't try to enjoy your job for what it is. But understand that once you do make it and grow big, you can't go back.
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:27 pm

Tony Schiavone wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:10 pm
Those that keep it as a hobby--surprise!--end up quitting Youtube so they can actually keep having fun.
When I was younger I tried my hand at the youtube game. Never got any bigger than a couple thousand views per video, of course, and my channel was more for shitposting for me and my friends to enjoy (EX: a clip of me punching a street bum in whatever the name of the new Deus Ex was at the time). I considered trying to go full time making clip shows for a while. Looking back at them, 90% of the clips aren't funny now and were only funny, then, because I was either younger or they were inside jokes that nobody would get anyway.

The turning point was this:

5.1 million views, as of right now. This is the kind of content the mouthbreathers on youtube wanted. I said no and my channel became a, "share dumb stuff with buddies channel," again. Forever. It's been dead for years now, though.

I can't imagine having started doing youtube, when I did, and having to come up with as many shitpost ideas as that one on a daily basis. Even the few clip shows I recorded with buddies constantly asking me if I was recording was enough to kill all desire to play the games I wanted to play at the time. It's no surprise these people end up depressed.

EDIT: Oh yeah, the cherry on top was that some black dude came at me hard claiming that the video was racist because I put Michael Jackson's voice over a white man acting like a Hunter. Yeah. That happened.
"I currently have 274 pounds of lean mass. My nurse explained that since she'd just seen me walk a quarter mile that I basically was ripped underneath all of this fat." - Arnold Boogienigger

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:36 pm

You monster!

Speaking of Deus Ex: I still find it problematic how Raping Raul's Human Revolution review had him backstab hockers as a running gag.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Just Some Random Guy

Post by Just Some Random Guy » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:55 pm

Poonoo wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:23 am
Just Some Random Guy wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:41 am
Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:40 pm
Guiz, my shitty bussiness that I've build while relying on one platform that I have zero control of is struggling, baaaw!
What's confusing about Joe's complaining is that there's an easy way for him to fix the problem for himself: Make a Patreon. He wouldn't even need to make any rewards or anything; if Moviebob can make $3,500/month with no rewards, Joe would easily recoup any losses from demonetization with a Patreon. Spend less than an hour making a Patreon and his monetary issues, if he really has them, are fixed.

Maybe it's a point of pride or something?
It's something we talked about before but when your audience is very young they are less likely to give you money on patreon. Boogie has his shit hidden now but he was making $1000 on Patreon despite having millions of subs. But people like David Rubin who has a smaller audience rakes in 29k a month on Patreon. I think Joe knows that his audience are mostly a bunch of dumb kids so he knows the Patreon won't help him all that much.
Maybe, but even $1,000/month is pretty good supplemental income.

drisko

Post by drisko » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:44 am

Yeah, but most of these guys are doing this full time and don't want to get real jobs because then they'd have to admit they aren't as special as they hoped.