Flustered Fernando and the Seven Pesos

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about

Re: Flustered Fernando and the Seven Pesos

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:01 pm

Stranger wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:52 pm
Monopoly but you're required to buy different miniature models of the hotels and houses in order to actually have the proper visual representation and each individual one costs 10 to 100 bucks.
Just because: Funny thing about Monopoly is that no one plays it right. Original form of the game, you're supposed to be able to lock other players out of putting up buildings by sitting on your own. Sort of a 'it's not a bug, it's a feature' deal.

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:09 pm

Guest wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:01 pm
Stranger wrote:
Monopoly but you're required to buy different miniature models of the hotels and houses in order to actually have the proper visual representation and each individual one costs 10 to 100 bucks.
Just because: Funny thing about Monopoly is that no one plays it right. Original form of the game, you're supposed to be able to lock other players out of putting up buildings by sitting on your own. Sort of a 'it's not a bug, it's a feature' deal.
And if someone lands on a property and doesn't buy it the banker is supposed to auction it off to other players. I've never once seen that happen.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:59 pm

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:09 pm
Guest wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:01 pm
Stranger wrote:
And if someone lands on a property and doesn't buy it the banker is supposed to auction it off to other players. I've never once seen that happen.
Free Parking is also supposed to just be a space where nothing happens but everyone uses it as a jackpot of sorts.

The reason Monopoly has so many widespread house rules/house omissions is because the rules for it make the game boring.
"I currently have 274 pounds of lean mass. My nurse explained that since she'd just seen me walk a quarter mile that I basically was ripped underneath all of this fat." - Arnold Boogienigger

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:55 pm

I'm guessing the old rules also didn't make it last 5 hours either
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:11 pm

mad bum wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:55 pm
I'm guessing the old rules also didn't make it last 5 hours either
No joke, I used to have an electronic version of Monopoly that let you play against computer players and I'd play that on long car rides (over an hour+) and the length of the game would fluctuate between 30 minutes to multiple hours.

Even with house rules it's all a matter of who can get all the properties of one color first and put houses/motels on them to rake in the cash. The secret was always to get the cheapest properties and do this because the return on investment let you start raking it in pretty quickly.
"I currently have 274 pounds of lean mass. My nurse explained that since she'd just seen me walk a quarter mile that I basically was ripped underneath all of this fat." - Arnold Boogienigger

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:40 pm

Our games only ever ended when everyone grew bored, though victory would've probably always gone to the bloke that bought the most properties in that last street. Those will wreck your shit if you land there.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

drisko

Post by drisko » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:48 am

My house rules were the basic ones. All the taxes went to the middle of the board and if you landed on free parking, you got them. Landing on go got you $400. You had to stay in jail for three turns unless you rolled doubles, and then you had to pay the $50 bail (Which went to free parking). Doubles means you can roll again.

I think the last two might have been real rules, but I'm not sure since I never actually read the rule book.

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:17 pm

Doubles means roll again, but 3 times in a row sends you to jail.
Is Spoony dead yet?

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:40 pm

If you roll quads, does everyone stop to check them?
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

drisko

Post by drisko » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:24 pm

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:17 pm
Doubles means roll again, but 3 times in a row sends you to jail.
Oh yeah, that too.