Re: Andrew Dobson

Post by Just Some Random Guy » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:59 pm

Guest wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:05 pm
drisko wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:33 am
Charlar wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:23 am
Did she kinda maybe followed orders in Prime 3? Oh and i liked Metroid Fusion gameplay-wise
I haven't played it in years but yeah, she took orders from a man in Metroid Prime 3, and no one had a problem with it because she was still portrayed as competent without him.
There's a difference between "takes orders from a man" and "literally going to let myself burn to death because muh Adam didn't give me permission to turn on my heat resistant suit."

One is perfectly reasonable if you're not a feminazi, the other is just moronic. Soldiers are expected to use some level of common sense and personal initiative in a combat situation, so even if she were under his command it's idiotic.
And that's what bugs me about Moviebob's dismissal. He claims that the case of having powerups but not turning them on until ordered (rather than, as in previous games, not having them at the start because you haven't found them yet) is "a completely superficial, fundamentally unimportant, narrative switch. One that shouldn't matter one bit more than, say, when an RPG decides the obligatory house of worship save points are going to be called temples rather instead of churches this time." That's an exact word-for-word quote, and is also accompanied, by the way, with the words "HARD TRUTH" being written in big letters on screen. This ignores the fact that while in terms of gameplay it is irrelevant, in terms of story it's a big deal because it makes no blasted sense for a number of reasons. Indeed, his argument comes back on itself: One could, with no change in gameplay, return it to the way it was done in previous games, which would have made much more sense in the story.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:35 pm

And if your game is all about being more narrative 'n' shit than any previous installment, it's kinda important to make a bit more sense.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:01 pm

Just Some Random Guy wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:59 pm
Guest wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:05 pm
drisko wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:33 am

I haven't played it in years but yeah, she took orders from a man in Metroid Prime 3, and no one had a problem with it because she was still portrayed as competent without him.
There's a difference between "takes orders from a man" and "literally going to let myself burn to death because muh Adam didn't give me permission to turn on my heat resistant suit."

One is perfectly reasonable if you're not a feminazi, the other is just moronic. Soldiers are expected to use some level of common sense and personal initiative in a combat situation, so even if she were under his command it's idiotic.
And that's what bugs me about Moviebob's dismissal. He claims that the case of having powerups but not turning them on until ordered (rather than, as in previous games, not having them at the start because you haven't found them yet) is "a completely superficial, fundamentally unimportant, narrative switch. One that shouldn't matter one bit more than, say, when an RPG decides the obligatory house of worship save points are going to be called temples rather instead of churches this time." That's an exact word-for-word quote, and is also accompanied, by the way, with the words "HARD TRUTH" being written in big letters on screen.
Further proof that a combination of autism and sociopathy has left Bob with a complete inability to understand the basics of normal human behavior. He fixates on pointless crap like "muh plumber from Brooklyn, not Mushroom Kingdom!" then gives a pass to a main character doing something suicidally stupid for an incredibly lame reason because "it doesn't matter."

That's the real difference between Dobson and Bob. Dobson is just an idiot manchild. Bob genuinely has something wrong with his brain.

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:11 pm

Dobson is one of those weird men who is so beta he tricked himself into believing only woman on woman can experience true love. He essentially has a lesbian fetish along with his infamous inflation fetish.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:30 pm

RAPEMAN wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:11 pm
Dobson is one of those weird men who is so beta he tricked himself into believing only woman on woman can experience true love. He essentially has a lesbian fetish along with his infamous inflation fetish.
"Essentially"? Dobson did so much Korrasami fanart that people got creeped out and pointed out that it's kinda creepy for a man in his 30's to be so fixated on teenage lesbians. He had a character scream "Lesbian kick!" and was so proud of it he tried to sell t-shirts.

Dobson's raging lesbian fetish is well known. He pulls the "you're just homophobic!" excuse when people call him out on it, but nobody is fooled.

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:33 pm

RAPEMAN wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:11 pm
only woman on woman can experience true love. lesbian fetish.
I thought thats Warcorpse.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:02 am

Guest wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:01 pm
Further proof that a combination of autism and sociopathy has left Bob with a complete inability to understand the basics of normal human behavior. He fixates on pointless crap like "muh plumber from Brooklyn, not Mushroom Kingdom!" then gives a pass to a main character doing something suicidally stupid for an incredibly lame reason because "it doesn't matter."

That's the real difference between Dobson and Bob. Dobson is just an idiot manchild. Bob genuinely has something wrong with his brain.
I've long since been convinced that he's got autism. When you look past the standard SJW drivel of his you're bound to come to that conclusion. He's really close to CWC in his behaviour, only that he wasn't blighted with additional super low intelligence.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:19 am

Chris is an autistic, moronic, narcissist. Bob is an autistic, averaged IQ, narcissist. I'd bet money Bob is on the spectrum.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

Just Some Random Guy

Post by Just Some Random Guy » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:41 am

Guest wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:01 pm

I don't know, I've often thought of Dobson as a lamer version of Bob. Bob might say a lot of stupid things, but he's at least reasonably coherent in saying them, which is a lot more than can be said for Dobson, and this is likely why Moviebob has achieved considerably more popularity: He's at least able to say his dumb stuff in a smart-sounding way.

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:24 am

I've never paid much attention to Bob, because his content just doesn't interest me, he is just another idiot to me. But the difference between him and Dobson seems to be that Bob at least likes to pretend that he has some self respect, and that (shockingly) in Bob's case, people want to hear what he has to say about stuff. I don't think anyone has ever asked for Dobbo's input on anything.

And another problem, you can be an asshole, but as long as you can make yourself look really passionate (Total Bitchfit is the master of this), cucked bitches will listen to you, because they want to have a "leader" and will look for someone loud enough. Anything fucking Dobson has ever said always came out as pathetic whining. Nobody wants to follow a loser.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.