Andrew Dobson

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Andrew Dobson

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:20 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:12 am
It's, rightfully as fuck, not canon and will be forgotten as that one pile of shit Metroid that shall not be mentioned.
I thought it was canon. Didn't it de-canonise the Prime series just to be canon? Isn't that partly why people hate it?
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:23 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Let's just round this up real quick. The problems with M were:
- The gameplay wasn't as good as neither 2D Metroid nor Prime.
- Samus is a retard. Nobody likes to play a retard.
- It's effectively not her that gets the orders, it's the player. Just like Fusion (which is total shit fite me you faggots), it's the player that is being played off as a moron by the developer. There is zero in-universe reason for Samus to even remotely follow the word of some military fagshit. She's independent. She's the best bounty hunter there is and thus gets free reign. That is the single defining thing about her and that's not only taken away from her and the player, it's shat on in glorious detail by making her a tsundere bitch to some random nigger Bland McMilitary fucker. It's insulting on all levels - in-universe, for the character and for the player.

Other M is offensive as a person that likes vidya. It spits in your face and gives Samus the worst kind of character development. It's, rightfully as fuck, not canon and will be forgotten as that one pile of shit Metroid that shall not be mentioned.
Did she kinda maybe followed orders in Prime 3? Oh and i liked Metroid Fusion gameplay-wise
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:56 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:20 am
Kugelfisch wrote:
It's, rightfully as fuck, not canon and will be forgotten as that one pile of shit Metroid that shall not be mentioned.
I thought it was canon. Didn't it de-canonise the Prime series just to be canon? Isn't that partly why people hate it?
It's worse than that, it exist in it's bubble that tried to retcon the rest: 1) At some point Samus says she broke all ties with the GF, contradicting all games she worked for and with the GF which contract even the first one and Super Metroid despite part of the ending for that being in the fucking opening of Other M
2)Claims Mother Brain death makes Spaces Pirates reverted basically to animals, Zero Mission, All three primes and especially Super Metroid prove that wrong (Animals couldn't revive Kraid, Ridley and Mother Brain)
3)The way it portray the power suit contradict the opening of Fusion
4) Claims it require special breeding or genetical engineering to remove metroids weakness to cold, Metroid 2 shows they naturally evolve that immunity
5)Samus portrayal contradict every single other games AND the Manga Sakomoto was involved with, the one THAT HAS OVERCOME HER PTSD AND KICKS RIDLEY ASS
6)Samus would to be retarded not realize the BSL was Bottle Lab 2.0 so that's contradiction
I only copypasted this
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

drisko

Post by drisko » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:33 am

Charlar wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:23 am
Kugelfisch wrote:
Let's just round this up real quick. The problems with M were:
- The gameplay wasn't as good as neither 2D Metroid nor Prime.
- Samus is a retard. Nobody likes to play a retard.
- It's effectively not her that gets the orders, it's the player. Just like Fusion (which is total shit fite me you faggots), it's the player that is being played off as a moron by the developer. There is zero in-universe reason for Samus to even remotely follow the word of some military fagshit. She's independent. She's the best bounty hunter there is and thus gets free reign. That is the single defining thing about her and that's not only taken away from her and the player, it's shat on in glorious detail by making her a tsundere bitch to some random nigger Bland McMilitary fucker. It's insulting on all levels - in-universe, for the character and for the player.

Other M is offensive as a person that likes vidya. It spits in your face and gives Samus the worst kind of character development. It's, rightfully as fuck, not canon and will be forgotten as that one pile of shit Metroid that shall not be mentioned.
Did she kinda maybe followed orders in Prime 3? Oh and i liked Metroid Fusion gameplay-wise
I haven't played it in years but yeah, she took orders from a man in Metroid Prime 3, and no one had a problem with it because she was still portrayed as competent without him.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:01 pm

Because in Prime 3 they were a group of bounty hunters fighting together. She wasn't just some subordinate tsundere bimbo like she is in Other M.
Because it was such a universally hated shitshow and because it goes against all other Metroids it was declade non-canon quite a while ago.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:05 pm

drisko wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:33 am
Charlar wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:23 am
I haven't played it in years but yeah, she took orders from a man in Metroid Prime 3, and no one had a problem with it because she was still portrayed as competent without him.
There's a difference between "takes orders from a man" and "literally going to let myself burn to death because muh Adam didn't give me permission to turn on my heat resistant suit."

One is perfectly reasonable if you're not a feminazi, the other is just moronic. Soldiers are expected to use some level of common sense and personal initiative in a combat situation, so even if she were under his command it's idiotic.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:12 pm

And why the fuck would she be under his command in the first place? That's the dumb thing.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:28 pm

Because Samus would do anything to get noticed by senpai.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:01 pm
Because in Prime 3 they were a group of bounty hunters fighting together. She wasn't just some subordinate tsundere bimbo like she is in Other M.
Because it was such a universally hated shitshow and because it goes against all other Metroids it was declade non-canon quite a while ago.
Good to hear. That shitshow was like part fanfic, part live-action adaptation that gets a bunch of things wrong because nobody gives a shit.

My personal favorite is how she can now henshin up and down faster than any Kamen Rider. And have it be tied to heir concentration or something. This is a really smart design decision for a suit that allows you to survive in space and in lava.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:07 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:28 pm
Because Samus would do anything to get noticed by senpai.
Sounds like a hentai.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:09 pm

Well, they might as well have "Imagine Hentai scene here" flash across the screen during that Ridley scene.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette