Diversity & Comics - I need picz in mah bookz

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Dehbashi

Re: Diversity & Comics - I need picz in mah bookz

Post by Dehbashi » Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:32 am

Funny he says in his community notes that Mangold did a better job with Karen Allen that Spielberg did. Also he says it's not a sequel but a full reboot of the franchise. I swear he wants to justify himself bashing the Fandom Menace.

The problem with Zach has always been his movie tastes have been shit even when he had Twitter. It was a running joke with his fan base.

pibbs

Post by pibbs » Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:44 am

Watched about 2 minutes of this jack ass.
He said about Last Crusade, "I don't even know if I would call that an action movie."
Absolute retard.
I didn't watch anymore.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:17 am

I hope he doesn't start ranting about video games next.
Complicity wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:07 pm
Mark Hamill? Being Luke Fagwalker is all that faggot will ever be remembered for. He was, and never will be more than the less attractive kid who was cucked by Han Solo.
Oh, he dubbed cartoon Joker, cool. Too bad that when people hear "Joker", they think about Jack Nicholson or Heat Ledger.
He was also this one pilot dude in Wing Commander.
Liar Revealed wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:19 pm
I hear Arnold wants to a new Conan movie. Now.
Is all of Hollywood in some "last hurrah" kind of fever?
In that case I'm totally looking forward to the next Beverly Hills Cop, Ace Ventura and Basic Instinct.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Dehbashi

Post by Dehbashi » Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:44 am

I know a few years back they tried to revive Beverly Hills Cop as a TV show. I think Eddie Murphy was only a producer and it was going to be about Axel's son as a cop.

Ace Ventura could happen since Carrey has broken his no sequel movie after getting a butt load of cash for the second movie.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:41 am

Holy crap, a fourth movie has actually been in development hell for decades now, only getting somewhat serious since last year (likely as a backup plan for the TV series that never materialized besides a leaked pilot or something).
Premise wrote:Axel Foley returns to Beverly Hills to investigate corruption within the force of the Beverly Hills Police Department with his daughter and her ex-boyfriend, after the death of an old friend.
>more diverse (because female) replacement character
Like a clockwork. What else will be on the menu? Axel lamenting how he has always been held back for being black (every black character has to do this at least once these days, no matter his actual social standing)? Making a reference to the ancient Crazy Frog cover song?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:40 pm

Enough restarts of old brands have been successful (Cobra Kai, for example) that I bet a recent script or an outline or a treatment of everything you can think of is floating around Hollywood somewhere.

More Goonies. Lost Boys remake. Clue reboot. Breakin' 3.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:59 pm

Cobra Kai is an anomaly, really. All these other restarts are done by people who seem to actively hate the source material and routinely write the old heroes as washed-up losers, to be outclassed by their newer, more diverse replacements.

(Yeah I now Johnny is a washed-up loser, but that's the entire driving force of the series)
-Yours Truly

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:30 pm

Johnny was also the defeated Karate Kid villain, so it made some sense. They never did Daniel-san dirty. Kathleen Kennedy would have had Daniel become a destitute drunk after Miyagi died.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Complicity
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Complicity » Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:39 pm

I would've watched Cobra Kai if it was a movie or a mini series, but being a TV show with tons of filler i didn't.
For what i've seen, no one minded the protagonist being a washed up loser because he was the bully/villain in the original, and the story was about his redemption.
If the Karate Kid Tv show was about an old, pathetic and divorced Daniel passing the torch to diverse token, after being surpassed by they/them in every possible way, the show would've been another woke flop.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:19 pm

I was unfortunately forced to see a bit of Cobra Kai not too long ago and thought it was unbelievably gay. It's like Power Rangers' retarded cousin and has acting on the levels of a CA movie.
Do you faggots seriously watch that crap?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!