Diversity & Comics - I need picz in mah bookz

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about

Re: Diversity & Comics - I need picz in mah bookz

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:03 am

And Bendis is one of the few authors at Marvel now that can sell a book on name alone, and he is a guy that knows a guy, and a guy that everybody wants to keep happy, so Marvel kept a few authors that have pull, got rid of all senior editors that demand a decent pay check, got a bunch of tumbrl kids, and now you got an envorment where "no" is a bad word.

And yeah, the guy did create a few of the last Marvel characters that had a impact, mostly Jessica Jones. Also his Ultimate Spider-Man run was pretty good (kinda... I tried to revisit a couple of months ago, and like a bunch of things from the early 2000's, it didn't age well.... See also Scott Pilgrim)

But now Bendis gives every vibe that he is a creator that has long passed his prime, his dialogues are long and meandering, the action is bland, and so his new characters, like Miles Morales, because no matter how much you try to make him likeable, he is the "black" Spider-man, meaning, he is a version of someone else. This shit never works, It didn't work for the Scarlet Spider, it won't work for Miles.

But the sad thing is that Bendis is just on auto-pilot now, and he is even repeating himself with some plots... except with the new Iron man.

Now, while I have fun with these guys like Diversity shitting on comics, I don't buy much into this "SJW boogeyman is EVERYWHERE" type of thinking, and the comic industry is in the shit not just because of incompetence, but because capers are a creative dead end, no one gives a shit. But one thing I have to agree, Riri Williams is mind boogling bad, the kind of bad that you gotta wonder how was anyone able to O.K this crap.

Nad not just because of SJW politics, she really comes across like a sociopath in the most weird of ways, and you can't help trying to bridge that to the mind to the author and drawing the conclusion that something is loose up in their head.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:16 am

Guest wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:03 am
And Bendis is one of the few authors at Marvel now that can sell a book on name alone, and he is a guy that knows a guy, and a guy that everybody wants to keep happy, so Marvel kept a few authors that have pull, got rid of all senior editors that demand a decent pay check, got a bunch of tumbrl kids, and now you got an envorment where "no" is a bad word.

And yeah, the guy did create a few of the last Marvel characters that had a impact, mostly Jessica Jones. Also his Ultimate Spider-Man run was pretty good (kinda... I tried to revisit a couple of months ago, and like a bunch of things from the early 2000's, it didn't age well.... See also Scott Pilgrim)

But now Bendis gives every vibe that he is a creator that has long passed his prime, his dialogues are long and meandering, the action is bland, and so his new characters, like Miles Morales, because no matter how much you try to make him likeable, he is the "black" Spider-man, meaning, he is a version of someone else. This shit never works, It didn't work for the Scarlet Spider, it won't work for Miles.

But the sad thing is that Bendis is just on auto-pilot now, and he is even repeating himself with some plots... except with the new Iron man.

Now, while I have fun with these guys like Diversity shitting on comics, I don't buy much into this "SJW boogeyman is EVERYWHERE" type of thinking, and the comic industry is in the shit not just because of incompetence, but because capers are a creative dead end, no one gives a shit. But one thing I have to agree, Riri Williams is mind boogling bad, the kind of bad that you gotta wonder how was anyone able to O.K this crap.

Nad not just because of SJW politics, she really comes across like a sociopath in the most weird of ways, and you can't help trying to bridge that to the mind to the author and drawing the conclusion that something is loose up in their head.
What's really scary is i think there Iron Negress might not be the worst, America Chavez is probably wrote even worse (seriously i'm not joking, when the retcon that America Chavez is from a dimension of Lesbians created by a gay man is only the point from where the character fell from you got problem)
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

rpgworm

Post by rpgworm » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:00 am

(that previous post was mine, forgot to log in)

Nah, America is getting a lot of shit, but overall it's just silly. The whole tough latina lesbian deal comes across as trying too hard, and the author has no fucking idea of what she is doing. After you get past some of the ridiculous crap, like lesbian planet, that over all is just infantile tumbrl philosophy ,like "OMG, wouldn't be the world be SOOO muuuuch better if all the world leaders were LGBQT" sort of musings, there is nothing much else to America.

And that is the shitty about Marvel, and most cape comics, there isn't much to them. If they wanna be political and all that, fine, but two things:

1- Kids and teenagers are too dumb to get politics. They don't care besides internet shitposting or trying to hang out with a certain crowd. And they don't need fucking Spiderman to do that.

2-If you are going to do politics, you gotta be smarter than "you guuuuuuysssss, Nazis are baaaaad". Am I supposed to be impressed about Red Skull being Trump deal? I don't like Trump, but this shit was beyond lame. If you gonna engage in a topic that demands clever and wit, you can't bring this tumbrl level crap and expect us to clap.

And now we have this crap, a bunch of 20 something's editing a book written by a bald 50 year fat fuck, both trying way too hard on something on a media that does not lend the depht for the discussion they are trying to have... and no matter how much "hero desconstruction" you claim to do, in the end you are writing about a bunch of people in ridiculous costumes punching other people in spandex.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:57 am

What about Miss Marvel (Dyke)/ Miss Marvel (Muslim) Generations the Marvels #1? Yes that is the real name for the new crossover of Captain Marvel and Miss Marvel that is part of the time travel event Generations
-All fanbases are shit

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:14 am

Charlar wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:57 am
What about Miss Marvel (Dyke)/ Miss Marvel (Muslim) Generations the Marvels #1? Yes that is the real name for the new crossover of Captain Marvel and Miss Marvel that is part of the time travel event Generations
Is that Marvel's equivalent of Green Lantern who, as I recall, has both gay and raghead incarnations now?
Is Spoony dead yet?

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:41 am

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:14 am
Charlar wrote:
Is that Marvel's equivalent of Green Lantern who, as I recall, has both gay and raghead incarnations now?
No that would be the Nova Corps that has a character pilling a badass moment in an event called Annihilation who killed the main bad guy by pulling the villian organs through the mouth, fuck i feel old knowing Marlel will never again pull stuff like that
-All fanbases are shit

Just Some Random Guy

Post by Just Some Random Guy » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:48 am

Guest wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:03 am
It worked with Nick Fury, but that was admittedly a fairly unique case.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:27 am

rpgworm wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:00 am
1- Kids and teenagers are too dumb to get politics. They don't care besides internet shitposting or trying to hang out with a certain crowd. And they don't need fucking Spiderman to do that.

2-If you are going to do politics, you gotta be smarter than "you guuuuuuysssss, Nazis are baaaaad". Am I supposed to be impressed about Red Skull being Trump deal? I don't like Trump, but this shit was beyond lame. If you gonna engage in a topic that demands clever and wit, you can't bring this tumbrl level crap and expect us to clap.
Also comics are an escapist medium. People don't want to read Peter Parker's opinion on ISIS and BLM, they want to see him fight ninja gorillas with jetpacks and T-Rexes with lasers attached to their head.

(Oh, they also want to see him struggle with his dual identities, but that's more of a personal than a political thing.)
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:14 am
Charlar wrote:
I think at least the first Miss Marvel was a kind of Superman character, with flight and super strength.

And for characters who I think have some kind of flagship status (judging by the "Marvel" in their names), I can't really recall either of them appearing in any sort of non-comic media. Unless you count Jean Grey who I think was called Miss Marvel in her first appearance. And I guess the new Marvel vs Capcom has Captain Marvel, but who's playing that?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Duwango
Goon

Post by Duwango » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:46 am

rpgworm wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:00 am
I don't like Trump
That makes one person.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:42 pm

Jean Grey was Marvel Girl. They haven't used that name in decades, AFAIK.

Rogue stole Ms. Marvel's powers and still had them during the '90s X-Men cartoon. They even did an episode about it. I think they undid that to go along with Singer's wimpy/boring movie version.
お前はもう死んでいる。