Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Auli

Re: Diversity & Comics - I need picz in mah bookz

Post by Auli » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:50 pm

Guest wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:06 am
Auli wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:29 am
He now has more Patreon than Spoony, btw.
Given that he makes like 5 videos a day (doesn't he also have some sort of actual job? it's unclear what he does, he seems to be travelling a lot) and Spoony does literally nothing, it's actually pretty insulting that it took him this long.
He works in IT or something. Spoony has had a decade to build his base. D&C will skyrocket now if there is a #ComicsGate. 800 bucks in under a month isn't that bad.
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:37 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:55 pm
I think the only ones who benefited from the season 4 art shift were Batgirl (better color scheme) and Scarecrow (who turned from a goofy and somewhat inconsistent-looking fellow into what appears to be a slasher villain).
Also The Penguin. They were no longer forced to draw Tim Burton's version and could draw the classic version.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:07 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:37 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
I think the only ones who benefited from the season 4 art shift were Batgirl (better color scheme) and Scarecrow (who turned from a goofy and somewhat inconsistent-looking fellow into what appears to be a slasher villain).
Also The Penguin. They were no longer forced to draw Tim Burton's version and could draw the classic version.
BTAS Penguin was still better looking than The Batman version, Penguin should not be ginger
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:29 pm

I never watched The Batman. It looked like crap and I was mad that instead of doing another season of BTAS, they rebooted.
お前はもう死んでいる。

JL Unlimited

Post by JL Unlimited » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:49 pm

Bartnopolis wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:38 am
Charlar wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:52 am
JL Unlimited wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:19 am

You'll notice that all of those shows were good because of Bruce Timm. DC did jack shit.
It was a group effort, Bruce Timm not on these has been bad, both in the Timmverse DCAU verse comics, the Killing joke movie and the latest movie about Harley Quinn
This x Infinity. The end of the Timmverse was for the best, even if it was sudden. And how could you neglect to bring up THIS:

Like good ol' Harvey Dent said......You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain. Thread slogan right there, by the way. :lol:
BenComicGraphics wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:59 pm
Bruce TImm is a lot like George Lucas. When he was surrounded by talent and got good feed back, he made good work. Without Paul Dini, Michael Reaves, etc, he sort of gets to do what he wants, which is dangerous. He's no outright hack like Greg Weisman or John Semper, but only Bruce TImm would blow half a million dollars just to hear Rob Paulson sing "Don't Pull Your Love" with himself... just because he could.
>Goes to YouTube
>searches Rob Paulson don't pull your love
>clicks video

OK, I stand corrected.
Guest wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:17 pm
You're a bunch of monkeys dancing for shekels. Dance and keep your pie holes shut, monkeys. Your dumbass opinions aren't wanted and aren't valid.

BenComicGraphics

Post by BenComicGraphics » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:31 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:29 pm
I never watched The Batman. It looked like crap and I was mad that instead of doing another season of BTAS, they rebooted.
The Crapman was a show with Jeff Matsuda doing the designs. The guy is a horrible animation designer. He draws faces fucking concave for fuck's sake. The showrunner, Sam Register, was also VP of Cartoon Network at the time and was infamous for giving shows he EP'd blanket multi-season renewals without looking at the numbers(he greenlit Hi HI Puffy Ami Yumi and gave Teen Titans a 3 season blanket renewal for fuck's sake. The last time a show was given a blanket renewal for 3 seasons, it was The Drew Carey Show, and Drew treated it as an excuse to turn the show into an experimental variety comedy show, and ABC was aghast and couldn't stop him).

THe real reason I hate Sam Register was when he was interviewed before the show's premiere about what made his show different from TAS, he claimed that "unlike TAS, (his) show would appeal to more people than 28 year old's living in their mother's basement". I found it distasteful he attacked his predecessor's successful show versus trying to say his own show could stand up on it's own merits.... because it couldn't.

And every season, they retooled and reformatted the show, keeping only voice actors and the art design, but each season has a massive shift in tone and direction. That in itself was a sign of desperation.

BenComicGraphics

Post by BenComicGraphics » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:33 pm

JL Unlimited wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:49 pm
Bartnopolis wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:38 am
Charlar wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:52 am

It was a group effort, Bruce Timm not on these has been bad, both in the Timmverse DCAU verse comics, the Killing joke movie and the latest movie about Harley Quinn
This x Infinity. The end of the Timmverse was for the best, even if it was sudden. And how could you neglect to bring up THIS:

Like good ol' Harvey Dent said......You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain. Thread slogan right there, by the way. :lol:
BenComicGraphics wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:59 pm
Bruce TImm is a lot like George Lucas. When he was surrounded by talent and got good feed back, he made good work. Without Paul Dini, Michael Reaves, etc, he sort of gets to do what he wants, which is dangerous. He's no outright hack like Greg Weisman or John Semper, but only Bruce TImm would blow half a million dollars just to hear Rob Paulson sing "Don't Pull Your Love" with himself... just because he could.
>Goes to YouTube
>searches Rob Paulson don't pull your love
>clicks video

OK, I stand corrected.
Dude, I used to run an animation podcast. Trust me, I know my shit lol :)

Pope Corky III

Post by Pope Corky III » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:39 pm

At least Rob Paulsen singing reminded me of a song I loved as a kid but I could never remember the name of because they song the words at 1000 miles an hour. Not sure if I would have spent half a million on it, though. No, the real crime Bruce Timm committed in that movie was Harley farting for a good two minutes so they could make a subtle "Batmobile lost its wheel and the Joker got away" joke.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:14 pm
He may have caught it at the same Bilderberg-Illuminati meeting as Prince Albert in a Can. I guess lizardmen aren't immune.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:03 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:29 pm
It was pure dogshit.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:07 am

Pope Corky III wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:39 pm
At least Rob Paulsen singing reminded me of a song I loved as a kid but I could never remember the name of because they song the words at 1000 miles an hour. Not sure if I would have spent half a million on it, though. No, the real crime Bruce Timm committed in that movie was Harley farting for a good two minutes so they could make a subtle "Batmobile lost its wheel and the Joker got away" joke.
They probably could have gotten away with the joke if they didn't insist on using an audible fart sound. This is what happens when you don't have TV censors to subtly execute a joke. Also, the Harley raped Dick argument was cancer. These autistic Tumbl-tards have never had sex and expect a binary yes or no answer.
Liar Revealed wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:37 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
They really had no idea what to do with his character after, he stopped being a villain and became a background character in his nightclub.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.