Diversity & Comics - I need picz in mah bookz

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
BenComicGraphics

Re: Diversity & Comics - I need picz in mah bookz

Post by BenComicGraphics » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:13 pm

To be honest, DC has been getting a shit ton more praise from casual readers lately, because they're actually trying to appease fans that liked their stuff in the past.

Imagine if Marvel did a comic where, hmm, say, you have the current Spider-man die like a horrible cancery death in front of everyone, and hmm, say, the Renew Your Vows Peter shows up and takes over.

DC actually did this. They literally killed New 52 Superman and Lois Lane and replaced them with their Post-Crisis versions. There is no stronger message of "Yeah, old management screwed up. Here's the version of the characters you actually liked back!"

Not going to pretend DC is perfect, but, they're actually trying and they're avoiding the SJW train.... most of the time. Batwoman is still an unreadable mess, but it's at least an unreadable mess about Kathy Kane fighting monster soldiers instead of an unreadable mess about her lesbian love life. Baby steps I guess?

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:31 pm

BenComicGraphics wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:13 pm
To be honest, DC has been getting a shit ton more praise from casual readers lately, because they're actually trying to appease fans that liked their stuff in the past.

Imagine if Marvel did a comic where, hmm, say, you have the current Spider-man die like a horrible cancery death in front of everyone, and hmm, say, the Renew Your Vows Peter shows up and takes over.

DC actually did this. They literally killed New 52 Superman and Lois Lane and replaced them with their Post-Crisis versions. There is no stronger message of "Yeah, old management screwed up. Here's the version of the characters you actually liked back!"

Not going to pretend DC is perfect, but, they're actually trying and they're avoiding the SJW train.... most of the time. Batwoman is still an unreadable mess, but it's at least an unreadable mess about Kathy Kane fighting monster soldiers instead of an unreadable mess about her lesbian love life. Baby steps I guess?
They are appeasing fans to save their sales. Make no mistake, they will hop on the diversity SJW muh feminism band wagon soon enough.

They have a plethora of diverse characters that they've managed to not take to SJW extremes that I just know they will ruin by doing so;

Wonder Woman: the best depiction of her philosophy imo was Injustice 1 where she's explaining to the other women what it means to be Amazonian. You nurture and help men, you don't hate them for being men.

Green Lantern (the black one): They'll turn him into some pseudo Black Lies Matter leader using his ring to expose corrupt cops (which will be all of them). Or some shit.

I could go on about Static, Vixen, Batwoman, and every other character who happens to be female and/or western minority.... but you get me.

DC will find a way to fuck it up like Marvel.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

rpgworm

Post by rpgworm » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:32 pm

Disney is going to get involved in this whole shit when it starts to get in the way of their movie and merchandise profit.

So far the Movies have been playing safe, with the exception of the Guardians of the Galaxy (who acted nothing like their comic origins, and were pretty much a James Gun movie), the disney/marvel movies used only their most sucessefull characters (except the FF and X-men) and were inspired by popular comic stories and arcs.

Really curious how people are going to react once they start introducing the "Marvel SJW" characters. Captain Marvel and poster girl for this whole SJW trend is said to be in the next avengers, and she is one of the most hated characters by the comic fans right now. So let's see how this comic drama will spill to the general audiences.

Funny story, she is one of the most overpowered characters right now on the Marvel VS Capcom Infinite, and even so, people seem to refuse to use her.

And there is the issue of the new Characters, like Miss Marvel, who when she started out I liked, but she has no real appeal on her story, she is just a character that seems "happy to be here", no real drive for heroism, and her most distinctive deal is that she is muslim... which never really plays much in her role.

I know disney wants to make a movie about her, but how... I don't think anybody has a idea, and the whole brand seems to be showing fatigue, the nextfilx show are not being well received anymore, and thus, not getting a lot of budget either.

The movies are going to be fine till the infinity Gauntlet saga, but after that... I dunno if people are going to be still on board on this shit, not to mention that the this Movie will be the most expensive movie ever based solely on the actors expenses alone (Robert Downey Jr keeps raising his pay, and will continue doing so because he knows he has disney by the balls).

So, I dunno. If I were to guess, Disney already has another money maker (star wars), is just going to let Marvel run it's corse with the movies, they will try a few new characters after the infinity war deal, probably won't make much money, and they will shut down the movie production.

The comics will be there, but cut in half, the old pros will be all be replaced with 30 something dildos with no experience for a quarter of pay, and the characters will exist for the sake of existing. And that is pretty much it...

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:41 pm

CIANIgger wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:31 pm
Wonder Woman: the best depiction of her philosophy imo was Injustice 1 where she's explaining to the other women what it means to be Amazonian. You nurture and help men, you don't hate them for being men.

Green Lantern (the black one): They'll turn him into some pseudo Black Lies Matter leader using his ring to expose corrupt cops (which will be all of them). Or some shit.
Wasn't he in the military or something? He's part of the regime.

And SJW amazons help nurture men by turning them into beta cucks.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:43 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:41 pm
CIANIgger wrote:

Wasn't he in the military or something? He's part of the regime.

And SJW amazons help nurture men by turning them into beta cucks.
Exactly. You just know anything of substance is going to get thrown out in favor of current year +2 polidicks.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Auli

Post by Auli » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:49 pm

I don't think DC will shoot themselves that much in the foot. Maybe a toe or something.

They have to see what Marvel has done, and see that their profits are down the shitter with no one buying the books.

Like D&C says: They make these shit SJW-comics for shit SJWs. Who doesn't even read comics. Their aim is WAY off on their audience. Whom they HATE. They don't interact with fans, they get triggered by constructive criticism (Capn Cumming noticed all the typing error, and the response from the editor of the comic was 'So? They had spelling errors in the 90's as well!'". I mean, WTF? Get an autocorrecter.

And all they do is fucking bitch about Trump on Twitter. For fucks sake.
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:21 pm

I wonder if they'll make a Secret Invasion 2 where they reveal Trump (or Totally-Not-Trump, depending on the size of their balls) to have been a Skrull all along.

And I'd say DC would be dumb to follow the path of Marvel. They already went through that whole New 52 reboot (and eventually learned what their audience wanted), and why should they risk their current dominating position with even more controversial changes?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:26 pm

CIANIgger wrote:
They are appeasing fans to save their sales. Make no mistake, they will hop on the diversity SJW muh feminism band wagon soon enough.
They tried jumping on the SJW bandwagon. It didn't work. It, coupled with the New 52 which everyone hates, drove their sales right into the toilet. So now they're on the 'PLEASE, PLEASE, COME BACK' bandwagon and I think they're actually doing better than Marvel. Don't get me wrong, they've still got a handful of pozzed books. It's a shitlibbed industry and they just moved to California. But they're not every book, unlike Marvel.
rpgworm wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:32 pm
So, I dunno. If I were to guess, Disney already has another money maker (star wars), is just going to let Marvel run it's corse with the movies, they will try a few new characters after the infinity war deal, probably won't make much money, and they will shut down the movie production.
Disney generally tend to lean on their acquisitions. They did it with Pixar, in fact they reason they bought Pixar outright was because they noticed they didn't really have any new characters of their own and at the theme parks the children were more interested in Buzz Lightyear and shit. They're doing it with Marvel and Star Wars. When people finally, incontrovertibly, get tired of both of those things, they'll probably buy something else and milk that to death because fuck making your own original movies, amirite?

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:33 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:21 pm
I wonder if they'll make a Secret Invasion 2 where they reveal Trump (or Totally-Not-Trump, depending on the size of their balls) to have been a Skrull all along.
They've already got a Trump MODOK. Any storyline where Trump is the villain would probably end up using him. Of course, they'd never do it, because they're pussies and because Marvel's CEO is one of Trump's biggest campaign contributors. Of course the Marvel people, who totally hate le DRUMPF XDD, aren't so principled that they'd quit their job just to stop generating potential campaign contributions for the guy they totally hate.
Liar Revealed wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:48 pm
Well, remember when Brandon Eich of Mozilla was fired because SJWs pulled a bunch of shenanigans to find out he donated to a traditional marriage bill? That's clearly a case of a man's private beliefs being used to fire him. He never even expressed these beliefs at work. But that was done under the Obama administration, so nothing could be done. Obama/Holder not-so-subtly supported those kind of antics.
Eich wasn't fired. He quit. He was forced out. I know that in reality there's no real difference, but legally it would be alot harder to sue. You can't sue for wrongful dismissal, because they didn't dismiss you.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:44 pm

RAPEMAN wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:19 am
Keith Chegwin wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:55 pm
If my boss fired me because some shitter called up and said I was sexist, I would sue him for wrongful dismissal
Easier said than done. Unless you're rich court coasts would bankrupt you, maybe your boss may settle but you'll probably drop it and move on.
Ah, right, burgerland where how much money you have decides if you win in court or not.
Crash course on German employee laws: The employer loses in job court. Guaran-fucking-teed.
Unless the employee greets people with a hearty "Heil Hitler!", punched somebody at work or was stealing, which you have to prove 100%, you're not firing nobody for wrongthink.
Many people have an insurance for court costs, which you get for like ten bucks a month, which covers court costs. Especially when it's likely that you'll win. If you win, the loser pays your court costs anyway. Don't have an insurance? The state will pay a lawyer for you, because it's incredibly likely for you to win.
Believe it or not, even in pozzed to shit Germany it's near impossible to fire somebody for that without having to pay out your ass. See, you fire somebody, the state will have to pay them. The state really, really, really fucking hates paying unemployed fucks. So they have the employer pay the fuck.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:11 am
Marvel films are guaranteed cash makers that introduce norms to their comic book characters
No they don't. They either know the characters before the movie, like Spiderman, or they think they seem cool enough from the trailer or something. The movies don't introduce jack shit, especially not the comics themselves. Spiderman is known by everyone, had massively successful and beloved movies and yet still nobody gives a fuck about the comics.
Comics≠Movies
They want to go watch a movie with their friends as a social activity, not buy overpriced, badly-written crap to flip through in fifteen minutes to then talk about with absolutely nobody.
Guest wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:52 am
Comics are too trenched in autism to get into.
Completely fucking impenetrable is what they are. Chad McNormalfag watched the new Spiderman and thought it's the bomb. He wants to buy a Spiderman comic now. Which Spiderman? Where's he even going to get it and can he get issue number one up to the current issue? Is that even the same Spiderman? "What over five bucks for a fucking twenty page comic are you shitting me?"
And there McNormalfag's journey into comics ended before it started.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!