Post by Duwango » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:36 am

Guest wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:26 pm
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:50 pm
rabidtictac wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:17 pm
I just have to ask:

Trump has been in office a while now. What has he done that has been super bad?

Because spoony et al are perpetually buttmad over him. Seems like the worst he's done is play golf and tweeter shitpost. I still like voting for that more than voting for shillary.
They were rioting in the streets before he took office, so its not like they need a reason.
It makes me wonder how they got so warped and violent
52 years and counting of Affirmative Action.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Re: Diversity & Comics - I need picz in mah bookz

Post by Charlar » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:03 pm

Auli wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:25 am
Why is female Thor named Thor anyway?

It's a man's name... at least but an 'a' after it.
Because they retconned how the hammer work for Whor, it turns her into a female turn despite it never turning anyone else into Thor except that one Thor replacement oh and Thor lost his name because of this, he's been going around with just being know as Odinson.
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

BenComicGraphics

Post by BenComicGraphics » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:33 pm

Technically "Thora" and "Thordis" are both feminine forms of Thor; Thordis being a name commonly used to this day for women and girls.

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:57 pm

Charlar wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:03 pm
Auli wrote:

Because they retconned how the hammer work for Whor, it turns her into a female turn despite it never turning anyone else into Thor except that one Thor replacement oh and Thor lost his name because of this, he's been going around with just being know as Odinson.
It's all a gimmick to see more comics and appear "relevant." Never mind that it won't really work, beyond a few issues, for the casual fan. At best, you may be able to convert some who read other indy comic nonsense to add your dumb title to your monthly purchase list.

To me the bigger question is how Jane Foster became more "worthy" to wield it that even Odin, it's creator.
She was a nice enough person who was good at her job being a nurse and got cancer. That makes her worthy of Asgardian powers?
There are so many other better candidates--and better female candidates, even--in the Marvel universe.

The best part is that it makes all the other female Asgardians redundant.
Also, in order to take all these new crayon variant heroes seriously, they have to turn established villains into childlike easily defeated parodies of their former selves.
At least they've finally turned Miles Morales from a happy go lucky Obama wunderkind to just anotehr teen spider clone. And a former criminal, lulz.

BenComicGraphics

Post by BenComicGraphics » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:09 pm

In a 1970's era what if, Jane did get the hammer, but was named Thordis because Kirby knew how to research Nordic names.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:36 pm

The whole name change is especially stupid because "Thor" is the guy's actual name. Dude just gave up his first name. It's stupid.

Though I seem to recall a Marvel propaganda article where they talked about how she's not Thor Girl or Miss Thor, but the real deal. Except, you know, she isn't.

And speaking of Miles, it's ironic that Thor had to stop calling himself Thor considering that Miles and Peter are both Spider-Man.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:42 pm

Tony Schiavone wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:57 pm
Charlar wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:03 pm
Auli wrote:

It's all a gimmick to see more comics and appear "relevant." Never mind that it won't really work, beyond a few issues, for the casual fan. At best, you may be able to convert some who read other indy comic nonsense to add your dumb title to your monthly purchase list.

To me the bigger question is how Jane Foster became more "worthy" to wield it that even Odin, it's creator.
She was a nice enough person who was good at her job being a nurse and got cancer. That makes her worthy of Asgardian powers?
There are so many other better candidates--and better female candidates, even--in the Marvel universe.

The best part is that it makes all the other female Asgardians redundant.
Also, in order to take all these new crayon variant heroes seriously, they have to turn established villains into childlike easily defeated parodies of their former selves.
At least they've finally turned Miles Morales from a happy go lucky Obama wunderkind to just anotehr teen spider clone. And a former criminal, lulz.
She became worthy because Marlel wanted to pander to SJWs
-All fanbases are shit

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:44 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:36 pm
The whole name change is especially stupid because "Thor" is the guy's actual name. Dude just gave up his first name. It's stupid.

Though I seem to recall a Marvel propaganda article where they talked about how she's not Thor Girl or Miss Thor, but the real deal. Except, you know, she isn't.

And speaking of Miles, it's ironic that Thor had to stop calling himself Thor considering that Miles and Peter are both Spider-Man.
That's because Bendis still is a thing, Miles might go away when he retires
-All fanbases are shit

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:24 pm

Bendis will never retire. It will take a Marvel editor with balls enough to fire him. Unfortunately there are none of those any more.

Jim Shooter would have fired him.

drisko

Post by drisko » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:26 pm

He got his power because he made the Avengers book a high seller with the idea of "Just put the most popular super heroes in it" which annoyed most of the old guard, but they agreed to let him make whatever team he liked as long as Captain America and Iron Man were in it. And it worked because he had Spider-Man and Wolverine on the book and they always sell. Then his shitty big crossovers got a lot of push so they sold and they credit that to him rather than the fact that, you know, when you actually advertise a comic it'll do well.