NCunt: Black Cocks Only

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: NCunt: Black Cocks Only

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:40 pm

Professional Abortionist?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:58 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:34 am
What makes this extra fishy is that nominations to the Echo are based solely on sales.
They aren't. They are based on the top seeling chart list, which excludes Volksmusik on purpose. Otherwise it'd be Kastelruter Spasten and Napalm Duo dominating them forever.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:45 pm

Well, Volksmusik is pretty much its own separate thing, like Vocaloids. Also they would make the Echo even more völkisch :lol:
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

wildmage

Post by wildmage » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:55 pm

Hugo's being the Oscar's of the written word is the best comparison you could come up with. Why not slap an Oprah recommended sticker while you're at it?

Besides no-self esteem rubes who need an appeal to authority, who consumes media based on some award?

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:02 pm

wildmage wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:55 pm
Besides no-self esteem rubes who need an appeal to authority, who consumes media based on some award?
I never would have frequented The Spoony Experiment if not for that prestigious Mashable Award.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:50 pm

I think Jerry Seinfeld actually said it all about awards
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

drisko

Post by drisko » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:09 pm

wildmage wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:55 pm
Hugo's being the Oscar's of the written word is the best comparison you could come up with. Why not slap an Oprah recommended sticker while you're at it?

Here's the big difference, at some point, I was told who won the Oscars this year by someone I knew, but I can't name them because I've forgotten.

No one, ever, has told me who won a Hugo.

pibbs

Post by pibbs » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:35 pm

The Hugo sounds like a participation trophy.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:03 am

pibbs wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:35 pm
I guess it really is. As an author you'd rather have a placing on a best-seller list and get heaps of dosh than some fuckass trophy by a bunch of faggots that does absolutely nothing.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:31 am

pibbs wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:35 pm
I wouldn't say so. It's more, like I said, a giant circlejerk, like the Academy Awards. One year they gave best novel to a book about muh gender identity. Another year they gave it to a book about fairies that wasn't even science fiction. It's basically a bunch of pretentious liberal elite hipsters stroking each other off for how forward thinking and progressive they can be.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:03 am
As an author you'd rather have a placing on a best-seller list and get heaps of dosh than some fuckass trophy by a bunch of faggots that does absolutely nothing.
Depends on the author. Keep in mind, you are dealing with a bunch of art hipster types, many of whom are financially secure anyway. A lot of them might value critical recognition and acceptance from peers than the 'more salted peanuts are consumed than caviar' type approach you're suggesting.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.