NCunt: Black Cocks Only

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
drisko

Re: NCunt: Black Cocks Only

Post by drisko » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:52 am

Poonoo wrote:
drisko wrote:So she still talks to Todd, it seems. Although probably only to fuel her ego.
Anyone know anything about this? I'm assuming it was copyright strikes and Doge and Co decided not to let them on the new channel.
Super Critics was this deal they made with Blip to sign an exclusivity contract, and then Blip would repost the videos to the Super Critics channel on Youtube and take a cut of the money. It was her, Todd, Doge and I think Brad? Part of the deal was a free website redesign and bump in ad revenue, so they went for it. This was when Lindsay was putting together her Chez Apocalypse thing to move away from TGWTG.

And then Blip got bought by Maker, who had talent pulling in WAY more views than the CA folks brought so they had no interest in them. The websites were never done, the ad revenue dipped to lower than before they signed the contract, and then Blip went tits up anyway. I think somebody ended up revealing if they hadn't signed the deal and just made their own YT channels, they'd have made more money in the long run.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:12 am

drisko wrote:
Poonoo wrote:
drisko wrote:So she still talks to Todd, it seems. Although probably only to fuel her ego.
Anyone know anything about this? I'm assuming it was copyright strikes and Doge and Co decided not to let them on the new channel.
I think somebody ended up revealing if they hadn't signed the deal and just made their own YT channels, they'd have made more money in the long run.
That describes pretty much anyone on TGWTG. I understand it in 2009 since YouTube went crazy because if the Viacom lawsuit, but by 2011 they all should have ran back to YouTube. Only Joe understood this, and he went from a middle of the road talent there to millions of subs.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

drisko

Post by drisko » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:47 am

Yeah, I agree, but they were getting promoted on Blip and were the big dogs there. We've said it a few times but most of them just could not handle the idea that they might have to change. The whole SOPA whining pretty much boiled down to "Why do I have to stop using other people's work to make money?" when they could have just cut down on the memes and music.

Hell, most of them refused to move off Blip, even when the ad revenue was total shit.

whatevs

Post by whatevs » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:27 pm

drisko wrote:Super Critics was this deal they made with Blip to sign an exclusivity contract, and then Blip would repost the videos to the Super Critics channel on Youtube and take a cut of the money. It was her, Todd, Doge and I think Brad? Part of the deal was a free website redesign and bump in ad revenue, so they went for it. This was when Lindsay was putting together her Chez Apocalypse thing to move away from TGWTG.
The only thing I remember about Super Critics was when Brad in one video brought up that months or years earlier, some relatively big name or site had mentioned one of his videos which drove new viewers to it. Except that their link went to the video on the Super Critics channel instead of his own, so he "joked" about how he got a lot less money per view from that extra traffic.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:03 am

I'm only surprised more of these fuckers didn't go out of business entirely when Blip sank. They invested everything in the sinking Blip ship even though most people could see Youtube was the future.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Pope Corky III

Post by Pope Corky III » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:09 am

rabidtictac wrote:I'm only surprised more of these fuckers didn't go out of business entirely when Blip sank. They invested everything in the sinking Blip ship even though most people could see Youtube was the future.
Youtube was always the future. Blip was a crack in time that needed stitching.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:14 pm
He may have caught it at the same Bilderberg-Illuminati meeting as Prince Albert in a Can. I guess lizardmen aren't immune.

drisko

Post by drisko » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:09 am

rabidtictac wrote:I'm only surprised more of these fuckers didn't go out of business entirely when Blip sank. They invested everything in the sinking Blip ship even though most people could see Youtube was the future.
When you consider how many hits people were getting from reposting the videos on YT a day or two after they came out, you'd think so. But as I said, they were too stubborn and set in their ways to consider YT. They probably would have been much bigger if they'd posted to both sites so they could establish a fanbase when the blip boat sank.

But if they were smart, they would have gone for a different career.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:05 am

Love it when they then talk about how hard they're working. Having a YT channel around couldn't have been that much more work and only had benefits.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:24 am

Trust me I have dabbled in some small video production. It can be time consuming sure, but it isn't hard work in the slightest, and they are trying to keep there jobs to avoid busting there ass at a retail store for minimum wage.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

drisko

Post by drisko » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:38 am

I was able to do reviews while also working 40 hours a week, plus a few let's plays, and the main reason I stuck with it for two years was because it never felt like much effort for what I got out of it.