Post by Le Redditeur » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:09 pm

Breakfast is ruined.

Re: The Angry Video Game Cuck

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:33 pm

sigh wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:44 am
Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:06 pm
It's nothing like the older stuff. I can't watch this shit. In later reviews, he has somehow associated the nerd character with constant agressive loud talking (not yelling) that is so forced it's painful, and he does it almost all the time he's on camera. Why in the fuck does he need to do that? It's not like he didn't do that in the past, but over time it just got worse and worse to a point that he can fuck off to hell along with Doge.
This exactly. Maybe he didn't want to wake up his wife and kids or something. It again shows that the nerd is over and it should stay that way.
Too bad he can't hang it up otherwise the die hards would never stop pestering him. I'd rather he did quit than just shitting out really bad episodes.

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:29 pm

Guest wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:33 pm
sigh wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:44 am
Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:06 pm
It's nothing like the older stuff. I can't watch this shit. In later reviews, he has somehow associated the nerd character with constant agressive loud talking (not yelling) that is so forced it's painful, and he does it almost all the time he's on camera. Why in the fuck does he need to do that? It's not like he didn't do that in the past, but over time it just got worse and worse to a point that he can fuck off to hell along with Doge.
This exactly. Maybe he didn't want to wake up his wife and kids or something. It again shows that the nerd is over and it should stay that way.
Too bad he can't hang it up otherwise the die hards would never stop pestering him. I'd rather he did quit than just shitting out really bad episodes.
Stuff like the Berenstain Bears Halloween episode are at least a little interesting, even if not actually funny. The only time James has any passion for AVGN episodes anymore is when he uses it as an outlet to experiment with some filmmaking thing and it shows. When he doesn't do something weird with an episode, he completely phones it in and is like a parody of his own show. Of course, some of his weirder episodes were awful and are hated, so it seems like maybe he's decided to lean more onto the phoning it in side of things.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:51 pm

Le Redditeur wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:09 pm
Breakfast is ruined.
Time to make a toy unboxing channel starring a Shitpickle puppet.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:00 pm

I've commented on his videos that he might as well retire the "Angry" part of his act. All the nobodies ripped it off and drove it into the ground.
I know he doesn't want to swear in earshot of his kid. I'd rather he just not swear than do this "loud talking" thing.
お前はもう死んでいる。

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:18 pm

Retire AVGN. The shtick is old and it always looks clearly forced nowadays. Years ago it was good because it came off as genuine, but now its just a husk of what once was.

He needs to move on and find something more to do and ignore the autists who just want more shitty AVGN until the end of time. There's still time to move forward before he becomes George Reeves.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:02 pm

Ditch the AVGN, ditch Motherfucker Mike, talk about the old movies you like and why. Make an episode a month that lasts between twenty to sixty minutes. There you fucking go. Patreon money magnet right there.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Just Some Random Guy

Post by Just Some Random Guy » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:13 pm

Guest wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:29 pm
Stuff like the Berenstain Bears Halloween episode are at least a little interesting, even if not actually funny. The only time James has any passion for AVGN episodes anymore is when he uses it as an outlet to experiment with some filmmaking thing and it shows. When he doesn't do something weird with an episode, he completely phones it in and is like a parody of his own show. Of course, some of his weirder episodes were awful and are hated, so it seems like maybe he's decided to lean more onto the phoning it in side of things.
I actually thought his Sonic 06 review was decent, outside of him cutting it short by not finishing the game.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:18 pm
Retire AVGN. The shtick is old and it always looks clearly forced nowadays. Years ago it was good because it came off as genuine, but now its just a husk of what once was.

He needs to move on and find something more to do and ignore the autists who just want more shitty AVGN until the end of time. There's still time to move forward before he becomes George Reeves.
I feel like he has mostly retired the AVGN; you only get an episode every other month on average, and most of his attention seems to go to the other videos. He just tosses out a new AVGN episode every now and then to keep around the people who are mostly just interested in the AVGN, sorta like how RedLetterMedia will occasionally put out a new Plinkett review.

Duwango
Goon

Post by Duwango » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:53 am

I don't think the AVGN needs to be completely retired, but like Liar Revealed said, it would certainly be wise for him to officially get rid of the "Angry" part. After all, what is there for James to be angry about? He sure as hell isn't fucking Armake21 or DarknessTheCurse :lol:

Oh well, it was always obvious that the magic was never going to last forever. The destiny of his character is deeply intertwined with that of JewTube; the site has been full of suck for a long time, so it stands to reason AVGN would go down the same path. It also doesn't help that James himself is, at best, a normie casual when it comes to games; he definitely isn't a Pat the NES Cunt tier schizophrenic when it comes to the hobby, and you can tell James simply doesn't care to go out if his way to please the petulant whims of the perpetually aggrieved redditor sperges that make up much of modern "gaming culture" landscape these days.

With that said, I'm still miffed at how catastrophically bad his Beavis & Butthead episode was. I realize I might contradict myself here, but considering that James was within the age range of the show when it was being produced, you'd figure that he would absolutely ace it. Not only was he painfully disinterested in the topic, he did not even bother with acknowledging the Game Boy, PC point-and-click adventure and Arcade prototype games. What gives? :geek:

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:01 am

Bartnopolis wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:53 am
I don't think the AVGN needs to be completely retired, but like Liar Revealed said, it would certainly be wise for him to officially get rid of the "Angry" part. After all, what is there for James to be angry about? He sure as hell isn't fucking Armake21 or DarknessTheCurse :lol:

Oh well, it was always obvious that the magic was never going to last forever. The destiny of his character is deeply intertwined with that of JewTube; the site has been full of suck for a long time, so it stands to reason AVGN would go down the same path. It also doesn't help that James himself is, at best, a normie casual when it comes to games; he definitely isn't a Pat the NES Cunt tier schizophrenic when it comes to the hobby, and you can tell James simply doesn't care to go out if his way to please the petulant whims of the perpetually aggrieved redditor sperges that make up much of modern "gaming culture" landscape these days.

With that said, I'm still miffed at how catastrophically bad his Beavis & Butthead episode was. I realize I might contradict myself here, but considering that James was within the age range of the show when it was being produced, you'd figure that he would absolutely ace it. Not only was he painfully disinterested in the topic, he did not even bother with acknowledging the Game Boy, PC point-and-click adventure and Arcade prototype games. What gives? :geek:
He didn't care
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes