The Angry Video Game Cuck

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Re: The Angry Video Game Cuck

Post by mad bum » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:56 am

Overall it's fairly bad, it's another one of those games the fans demand but at the end of the day you really cant say more than whats already been said. Rating of: it's watchable, but not replayable.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Pope Corky III

Post by Pope Corky III » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:16 am

Yea, eight or nine years too late. There was a couple of clever quips in there, but I'll probably never watch it again. He's been consistent about sticking to the past but the problem with that is you miss out on saying what needs to be said about current pieces of shit. Then again I don't know if doing a review of that game at the time would have done anything other than keep the momentum going.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:14 pm
He may have caught it at the same Bilderberg-Illuminati meeting as Prince Albert in a Can. I guess lizardmen aren't immune.

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:57 am

I don't really keep up with CineMassacre as much as I used to like, 6 years years ago or so, but oveall I still find them enjoyable to watch. I don't really buy into the manchild reddit fedora "opinion" that AVGN grew stale or whatever, because it should've been obvious that the magic was never going to last forever for a variety of reasons. The recent episodes (or what few of them come out once in a while) are okay to watch, but it's evident that James grew bored of the character several years ago and he simply doesn't know of a proper way to retire it, so to speak. I personally prefer his and Mike's content over the current AVGN crop anyway.

I suppose the only AVGN episode that truly disappointed me was the Beavis & Butthead one. Not because I thought it was bad, but because he completely glossed over the game boy and PC games that came out. Not even a passing peep about them.

Duwango
Goon

Post by Duwango » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:00 am

^^^^ why is guest posting in forums even a thing smdh

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:13 am

He's done a few good episodes lately(the Megaman one is awesome), but boy, did this episode feel recycled. He actually had a lot of interesting info on the game, but it's like he couldn't be arsed to come up with new jokes.
Also, what is up with the sponsoring?
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:22 am

Rushy wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:40 pm
Boogie's Panniculus wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:02 pm
You can see who the real Angry Video Game Nerd is in the Dr. Mario video.

Mike gets so pissed that James was better than him at a game.
It's the same in the Friday the 13th video, people in the comments actually got pissed at Mike. The whole video is basically
JAMES: You're doing it wrong.
MIKE: The game sucks!
JAMES: Yeah, because you're doing it wrong.
Anytime Mike does bad in a game he says it sucks.

Vulcan

Post by Vulcan » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:40 pm

His voice sounds really strange. It's a lot more soft than it usually is. Was he sick or did he get a new production set up? Considering how much he abuses the greenscreen, I think the latter.

And yeah, the video is crap. Completely pointless because Sonic 06 has been done to death and his entire way about doing it was wrong from the get go. Take for instance the loading; It loads, you talk to a character for 5 seconds, it loads again. You'd think a scene like that would be great for a on the cuff reaction but for some reason he chooses to narrate it from a past experience instead.

asdf

Post by asdf » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:20 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:57 am
The recent episodes (or what few of them come out once in a while) are okay to watch, but it's evident that James grew bored of the character several years ago and he simply doesn't know of a proper way to retire it
He's flat out stated this numerous times, but not always in direct terms. James is a film buff, not a video game buff. He just happens to enjoy playing games on a casual level and happened to also strike gold with the whole angry reviewer shtick. The second he retires AVGN is when he fades into internet obscurity. The majority of his fans aren't there for his film reviews or his casual gaming sessions. They're there to hear the nerd shout, "shitload of fuck," at old, crappy video games.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:39 pm

asdf wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:20 pm
Guest wrote:
The recent episodes (or what few of them come out once in a while) are okay to watch, but it's evident that James grew bored of the character several years ago and he simply doesn't know of a proper way to retire it
The second he retires AVGN is when he fades into internet obscurity. The majority of his fans aren't there for his film reviews or his casual gaming sessions. They're there to hear the nerd shout, "shitload of fuck," at old, crappy video games.
He pretty much already has in that sense. The Nerd hasn't been relevant in years and although those videos still get him by far the most views on the channel, there's also loads of fans who are invested in James and Mike as people. I don't think anyone would really suffer if AVGN ended at this point.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Duwango
Goon

Post by Duwango » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:45 pm

asdf wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:20 pm
Guest wrote:
The second he retires AVGN is when he fades into internet obscurity. The majority of his fans aren't there for his film reviews or his casual gaming sessions. They're there to hear the nerd shout, "shitload of fuck," at old, crappy video games.
Dunno where you're getting that redditor observation from. I don't keep constant tabs on the CineMassacre channel but the non-AVGN stuff always nets at least around 150k views upon their debut. With that said, I share Rusty's view that no one will suffer (except this thread, maybe) if James were to retire AVGN sometime in the near future.