The Angry Video Game Cuck

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Re: The Angry Video Game Cuck

Post by mad bum » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:46 am

Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:47 pm
Hell, Jontron has improved in basically everything over the course of years, so maybe he could actually help them with writing something that isn't just repeating same shit over and over.
So you're saying this is a masterpiece then?

Jon has been shit for years ever since H3H3 was in town and he changed his style, but man, this came out like a day ago and already has HUGE views, Jon really pulls in the crowd.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Duwango
Goon

Post by Duwango » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:48 am

mad bum wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:46 am
Jon has been shit for years ever since H3H3 was in town and he changed his style, but man, this came out like a day ago and already has HUGE views, Jon really pulls in the crowd.
Tumblrtards and Redditors were shrieking for many months how JonTron's Jewtube base was done for. And they wonder why their respective atrocities of a poorly coded "social" platforms have no sway on current events.

Anyway I'm too sleepy to fully watch that video right now but I already notice a whole lot of improvement. No needless yelling and not too many wacky zany edit tricks, for starters.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:01 am

mad bum wrote:
Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:47 pm
Hell, Jontron has improved in basically everything over the course of years, so maybe he could actually help them with writing something that isn't just repeating same shit over and over.

This reminds me that in the video just before the one with his Vanilla Ice movie review that he was branching out, don't know now yet if he'll go the James Rolfe or Salty Sanchez route
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:19 am

mad bum wrote:
Of course not, but it's entertaining. I can't watch most of his old stuff, but I won't lie, I like a lot of his newer stuff (Takeshi's challenge for example), I would say there is significantly less of that lol so random humor, and he simply got better at writing it and worked on his comedic timing.

Compared that to James, he's completely burned out, I don't want to watch AVGN, because he has given up. And it's not like James needed to reinvent himself, in my eyes, the calmer episodes were far superiour than anything else, and I really don't think they were getting less views. It's just that yelling same old insults over and over (and not even getting creative with them like in the past) and mugging is easier than doing research and pretent you give a damn. Maybe he is still proud of his one original creation, but he sure isn't showing it. I though he was better than Douche Walker.

I'll rather take something that feels like shitposting with overblown budget (Jontron) than a guy making money out of his past glory without putting enough effort into making it enjoyable (James). Also with those last 2 videos it would seem like Jontron is going the Pewdiepie route just shitposting or riffing over stuff :lol:

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:35 am

Charlar wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:01 am
Salty Sanchez route
Wronged Vasco's current route is to build a reaction channel as far as I know. I highly doubt Jon will go that way, he doesn't need the jewtube money, doesn't have Joe's thirst for money (because few people are on Joe's level), and he continues making only few videos per year, although at this point, he might've made more than Joe has made Angry reviews :lol:

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:53 am

Maybe it's just me, but the thicker-rimmed glasses kind of spoil the Nerd image. It looks like a costume now.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:39 pm

JonTron a good boy.

Guy has definitely improved. I'm fairly certain YouTube isn't his life so, or if it is he still has a life.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:10 pm

At this point, James is just a relic now. Still just doing the same thing and hasn't updated it.

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:56 pm

CIANIgger wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:39 pm
JonTron a good boy.

Guy has definitely improved. I'm fairly certain YouTube isn't his life so, or if it is he still has a life.
Jon has family money and a girlfriend who has a real job that he lives with (at least, last I checked/heard). He's also got dreams of doing Broadway and seems to actually have the talent to get there (if he hasn't already).

Youtube isn't his whole life but he certainly could make it so if he wanted to, judging by how fast he rakes in views after being gone for months at a time with next to no explanation.

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:31 pm

He's also not an insufferable twat sperging the fuck out about Trump and trans rights and shit. Go figure, a well adjusted Internet Nobody.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger