The Angry Video Game Cuck

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Re: The Angry Video Game Cuck

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:25 pm

Guru Larry wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:19 am

I've seen lots of fanboys insist Sony are going to announce a PSP 2 at E3 this year, But Sony would be mad to try it a third time.
Does anyone but pillow-fucking turbo-weebs give a shit about PSP? The thing's entire library is nothing but Moe shit.
Is Spoony dead yet?

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:13 pm

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:25 pm
Guru Larry wrote:

I've seen lots of fanboys insist Sony are going to announce a PSP 2 at E3 this year, But Sony would be mad to try it a third time.
Does anyone but pillow-fucking turbo-weebs give a shit about PSP? The thing's entire library is nothing but Moe shit.
I think you meant to say Vita bruv. The OG PSP had tons of good shit on it from mainstream devs like Rockstar and Capcom. And you could pirate, yar har.

The vita though, yeah. Vita fanboys are some of the saddest creatures on the planet. They stubbornly cling to a fantasy that Sony didn't pull out of the handhelds market years ago and abandon the Vita to die. Why would Sony make a new handheld after years of ignoring the Vita? :D They stopped supporting it because they didn't think it was profitable enough. Making a new console would cost way more money than supporting an existing one.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:21 pm

Yeah the psp is the best hand held emulator you can find today, the library of games themselves are also pretty cheap, and while a lot of the action games are questionable the rpg's are where it's at.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:32 pm

The PSP can also play most of the PS1 library. So that opens up your options for action games.
RAPEMAN wrote:

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:49 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:13 pm
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:25 pm
Guru Larry wrote:

I think you meant to say Vita bruv. The OG PSP had tons of good shit on it from mainstream devs like Rockstar and Capcom. And you could pirate, yar har.
Oh, I did. I'm a fag.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:53 pm

It's such a shame that the Vita never was hacked properly. Hardwarewise it's super nice. But only the PSP part of it is cracked so you don't really get a lot of value out of the better hardware.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:29 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:53 pm
It's such a shame that the Vita never was hacked properly. Hardwarewise it's super nice. But only the PSP part of it is cracked so you don't really get a lot of value out of the better hardware.
Oddly enough if it was actually hacked, they would have sold way more of them and with that increased install base more people would have bought games. I know some would have pirated, but people who wanted a sweet emulator machine would have bought the odd Vita game. The PS1 had a shit ton of piracy too and yet it outsold the N64 like crazy.

Since the PSP emulated all 2D consoles well and ran PS1 ISOs perfectly (though the hardware was designed for it to be downloaded via the store) the Vita would have had working N64 emulation at least and possible Dreamcast emulation. The resolution of the screen was pretty much SD as well so running emulators in software mode wouldn't be as taxing.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:16 am

Crisp OLED display, high manufacturing quality, good size and weight, dual analog, touchpad and touch screen and there are adapters now to use regular MicroSD cards instead of Sony's proprietary shit. I really like the Vita and I love handhelds. Yet, I don't have one since I wouldn't know what to do with it. Cracked it would be a nobrainer for me to get one.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:39 pm

There's no fucking games on the Vita. All systems live and die by their libraries. Look up any "best systems" list anywhere and the systems aren't on the lists because of their specs. The Vita has great specs but a piss-awful library unless you want to play moeblob panty sims, moeblob musou clones or shitty ports of PC indie titles.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:07 pm

All it took was Sony treating Capcom better. With Monster Hunter they would've sold the Vita well.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!