The Angry Video Game Cuck

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
asdf

Re: The Angry Video Game Cuck

Post by asdf » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:26 pm

I think it's hilarious that people are just now discovering that video game reviewers might not be great at video games, or even competent at all. It's old news at this point.

James is a genuine guy and I really like his personality. I could see myself chilling out with him and having a good time. Mike, on the other hand? I'd sooner punch him in the face than sit down with him.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:04 pm

You can tell James is a movie guy first, the guy just happened to have dumb luck when it came to video games. He tries SO HARD to do other projects.

He's completely shit at video games as everyone stated, I'm honestly surprised he can hold the controller right at times.

Bonus clip of him with alphaomegasin looking completely uncomfortable.

SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:30 pm

James has that look of a guy that's listening to his girlfriend talking about shoes in that Resident Evil video. He gives so little of a fuck about that game that it's actually funny.
That was clearly a Mike idea.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:39 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:James has that look of a guy that's listening to his girlfriend talking about shoes in that Resident Evil video. He gives so little of a fuck about that game that it's actually funny.
That's the problem is James is so "Yeah, whatever." about anything that's video game related outside of AVGN that he just doesn't care. He should *start* caring because Mike is trying to take over like some stuttering craig screw attack shit.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:06 pm

mad bum wrote:
Kugelfisch wrote:James has that look of a guy that's listening to his girlfriend talking about shoes in that Resident Evil video. He gives so little of a fuck about that game that it's actually funny.
That's the problem is James is so "Yeah, whatever." about anything that's video game related outside of AVGN that he just doesn't care. He should *start* caring because Mike is trying to take over like some stuttering craig screw attack shit.
They probably have a Doge-Rob style relationship, where Mike manages the channel and James is the mascot. So he doesn't care what Mike does as long as his own stuff gets posted.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

TheManWithNoPlan

Post by TheManWithNoPlan » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:11 pm

I'm not the biggest fan of all of James stuff but I could listen to him talk about old horror movies for hours.

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:52 am

asdf wrote:Mike, on the other hand? I'd sooner punch him in the face than sit down with him.
That's only a natural reaction. You don't even have to see him, he has a punchable voice.

@TheManWithNoPlan Some people are just really good at story telling, or just talking about things in general. That's why I enjoy plenty of people who just talk about video games - if they have something to say, and not completely repulsive voice, it's a great thing to have on background while I'm working. Ross Scott is the king in this case for me.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:56 am

TheManWithNoPlan wrote:I'm not the biggest fan of all of James stuff but I could listen to him talk about old horror movies for hours.
I know it's a cliche, but I honestly fell asleep listening to a compilation of his videos once. Best nap I ever had.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Ya Amber Heard Me?!

Post by Ya Amber Heard Me?! » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:37 am

He doesn't just suck at games, he deliberately sucks. There's a video, probably "making of" or whatever, where he admits to screwing up on purpose so he can bitch about something, like running into the seagulls in Karate Kid on purpose and saying it's the bad control.

Vulcan

Post by Vulcan » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:42 am

I have nothing against James personally, it's just that the example was so egregious that I felt it ought to be shared, and it was a good starting point for a Cinemassacre thread where we all shit on Mike Matei.

As for AVGN I actually think it has some legs, the recent episodes have all been varying levels from decent to good (ignoring that shitty Christmas one). The MMPR episode is pretty average though, it suffers from that he's not really a big fan of the series (he only watched some of it a few months ago) so it lacks passion to it- which is shown through his reactions to the game.