The Angry Video Game Cuck

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Re: The Angry Video Game Cuck

Post by Liar Revealed » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:12 am

I was really into Street Fighter II at the time. It was the deciding factor on which one to get. The SNES version was great and the Genesis version was crap. Characters sounded like they were gargling when they spoke.

But recently someone made a ROM patch that fixes a lot of the issues like the sound and the censoring of the famous intro.
お前はもう死んでいる。

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:22 pm

That's what the Switcher guys have said too. They were hugely into Street Fighter and the Genesis version was shit.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Carn

Post by Carn » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:49 pm

Pat the NES Cunt is also really good at outright dismissing the Genesis. It's really annoying, both systems are brilliant for different reasons. Why can't these manchildren get over their fanboyism and just enjoy good games?

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:07 pm

Carn wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:49 pm
Pat the NES Cunt is also really good at outright dismissing the Genesis. It's really annoying, both systems are brilliant for different reasons. Why can't these manchildren get over their fanboyism and just enjoy good games?
Strangely enough, I discovered at least one good Genesis game through Pat Cuck: Alisia Dragoon.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:08 pm

Carn wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:49 pm
Don't really get the big deal about this fanboyism, anyways. I grew up with Nintendo consoles up until the N64, but there was a period where I traded my SNES with some else's Genesis for a few days. Pretty interesting experience.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:45 pm

All the old consoles have some good shit and some bad, with the exception of a few of the seriously shitty failed game consoles nobody remembers and which metaljesusrocks/pat/classicgameroom try to hype up so as to inflate pricing.

The problem I have is with the "industry collector" types who do the Movieblob thing of shilling retro shit just because it's retro.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:23 pm

:lol: "The Atari Lynx ROCKS, you guyz!!!!"
お前はもう死んでいる。

Guru Larry
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Guru Larry » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:38 pm

I believe on a good to bad ratio, the SNES had the best library out of any system.

After that, probably the Xbox 360.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:22 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:45 pm
The problem I have is with the "industry collector" types who do the Movieblob thing of shilling retro shit just because it's retro.
"Let me cast your minds back to 2006, when a true classic gaming title didn't get the attention it deserved. It was called Sonic the Hedgehog..."

(This will totally happen in 10+ years).
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:49 pm

Guru Larry wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:38 pm
I believe on a good to bad ratio, the SNES had the best library out of any system.

After that, probably the Xbox 360.
I agree with this, and I'm surprised this opinion came from a britbong of all people. I mostly play my 360 these days, or my PSP loaded up with old classic games. The PS2 might edge out the 360, although it's hard to say when the 360 got a lot of ports of old games, like symphony of the night, garou, sega ultimate genesis collection, banjo kazooie/tooie etc.

If you like fighting games, however, the 360 doesn't stack up well compared to the ps2/ps3, and probably not even compared to the xboner.
RAPEMAN wrote: