Bi-POLARIS Disorder

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Bi-POLARIS Disorder

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:03 am

Oh man, that Greg guy was like a more potent version of Jirard's unfunny shit.
I really do like the format as well, same reason I liked Until We Win. Why can't some guy that isn't a chore to watch make something like it?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Vulcan

Post by Vulcan » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:11 am

Guru Larry wrote:Guess who else they kept as part of the 300?
They let you stay on so long as you continued to post 8000 comments on Polaris videos to help engagement, eh?

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:36 am

Kugelfisch wrote: I really do like the format as well, same reason I liked Until We Win. Why can't some guy that isn't a chore to watch make something like it?
I mean, it's either WHACKY AND ZANY COMEDY or bootsy beats. Which feels like I'm watching gamepro tv.

Now I'd personally rather have a bootsy beats but I can see if people are turned off by the serious tone.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:59 pm

Bootsy Beats is pretty good.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

asdf

Post by asdf » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:37 am

Honestly I'd rather have a serious tone or zero commentary than one of the generic "wacky" let's players out there. I watch horror games and gravitate toward the stone-faced people more than the ones that scream every time something even slightly moves, for example. Makes the experience feel more genuine. Especially when they point out exactly why that certain thing that just happened wasn't scary, just like I would do when I play.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:55 am

I usually like watching channels like The Horror of Videogames, or maybe The Switcher, since Pat has played the shit out of RE games. I'd rather hear about what people think works or doesn't work for horror gaems than listen to some 14 year-old who hasn't dropped their balls yet screaming into a facecam. Jesus Fuck.

Anyone with a facecam let's play should delete their channel from youtube. Congrats, fucker, you are actively making the world worse by shitposting that garbage.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:58 am

rabidtictac wrote:I usually like watching channels like The Horror of Videogames, or maybe The Switcher, since Pat has played the shit out of RE games. I'd rather hear about what people think works or doesn't work for horror gaems than listen to some 14 year-old who hasn't dropped their balls yet screaming into a facecam. Jesus Fuck.

Anyone with a facecam let's play should delete their channel from youtube. Congrats, fucker, you are actively making the world worse by shitposting that garbage.
I like when fucks try to defend face cams saying they add to the video, turns out I don't want to see your fucking face and want to watch the game, that's why I rarely watch twitch unless is a fighting game tournament where it's well done.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

asdf

Post by asdf » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:40 am

Fighting game tournaments without facecam would be like watching poker without facecam. Sure, you still see the meat of what you're after, but you lose out on all of the subtle cues that the faces bring to the table.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:24 am

asdf wrote:Fighting game tournaments without facecam would be like watching poker without facecam. Sure, you still see the meat of what you're after, but you lose out on all of the subtle cues that the faces bring to the table.
That's why I mention when done right, a lot of tournaments focus on the game between rounds and then pan to the reactions of them either winning or losing and any thuggary in between, so it's the best of both worlds really.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Seele

Post by Seele » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:38 pm

I'd argue that some of Jirard's cringiest reviews included his FFVII month when he reviewed the FFVII compilation. He acts like FFVII was "deep" and "symbolic" like an Evangelion theorist. Spent way too much time talking about his obsession over it being his absolute favorite Final Fantasy ever.

God's in his Heaven/All's right with the world