Bi-POLARIS Disorder

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Bi-POLARIS Disorder

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:04 am

OoT might not hold up as well, but it and Mario 64 were major examples of how to pull off the transition to 3D.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:24 am

I've replayed Ocarina a bunch of times and I would say it actually holds up pretty well. Certainly better than Mario 64
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

asdf

Post by asdf » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:49 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:46 am
asdf wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:30 am
At least Jirard doesn't have the sole responsibility of FFVII evangelizing on his own shoulders. That game is about as overrated as Ocarina of Time (FFIX being superior in VII's case and Majora's Mask being superior in Ocarina's case) and I'm tired of people talking it up like it's some form of masterpiece.

It's a good game. I enjoyed it when I played it as a kid. I'm older now and have far more perspective, though, and I can tell you, point blank, there are much better games out there even within its own franchise.
You've got to put these kinds of things into context. I'm not saying that I necessarily agree or disagree that Majora's Mask and FFIX are better than Ocarina and FFVII but part of why the latter two are held up on a pedestal so much is because of their impact. Majora's Mask and FFIX didn't exist when Ocarina of Time and FFVII came out, and when those two games did come out they couldn't have possibly had the same impact because the previous two games already broke much of that ground.

FFVIII was garbage though
What context? That they did what other games in their own franchises did but in three dimensions so it was somehow groundbreaking?

Tell you what. You point out something they did that was revolutionary that didn't have anything to do with it being a 3D game, instead of 2D, and I'll give you a high five and remind you that, again, there were much better games within their own franchises and people still parade them around like they're amazing.

wildmage

Post by wildmage » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:16 am

asdf wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:49 am
Keith Chegwin wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:46 am
asdf wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:30 am
At least Jirard doesn't have the sole responsibility of FFVII evangelizing on his own shoulders. That game is about as overrated as Ocarina of Time (FFIX being superior in VII's case and Majora's Mask being superior in Ocarina's case) and I'm tired of people talking it up like it's some form of masterpiece.

It's a good game. I enjoyed it when I played it as a kid. I'm older now and have far more perspective, though, and I can tell you, point blank, there are much better games out there even within its own franchise.
You've got to put these kinds of things into context. I'm not saying that I necessarily agree or disagree that Majora's Mask and FFIX are better than Ocarina and FFVII but part of why the latter two are held up on a pedestal so much is because of their impact. Majora's Mask and FFIX didn't exist when Ocarina of Time and FFVII came out, and when those two games did come out they couldn't have possibly had the same impact because the previous two games already broke much of that ground.

FFVIII was garbage though
What context? That they did what other games in their own franchises did but in three dimensions so it was somehow groundbreaking?

Tell you what. You point out something they did that was revolutionary that didn't have anything to do with it being a 3D game, instead of 2D, and I'll give you a high five and remind you that, again, there were much better games within their own franchises and people still parade them around like they're amazing.

Z-targeting, day/night cycles (although maybe pokemon beat them to the punch?), 3d platforming (I know that's a cheap answer but you tell me if you can do that on SNES), enough memory for npcs to have a daily schedule (see day/night cycle) and as far as aesthetics: the uncanny valley for spergs to philosophize on reddit until the end of time.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:52 am

asdf wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:49 am
In addition to what wildimage said, I'll add that any Sonic game will demonstrate to you that it's not always easy to translate 2D gaming into 3D.
wildmage wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:16 am
day/night cycles (although maybe pokemon beat them to the punch?),
It's been a long time since I played Pokemon but from what I remember they didn't add Day/Night cycles until Pokemon Gold/Silver, whereas Zelda had them in Ocarina and then Majora's were actually on a clock
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Vulcan

Post by Vulcan » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:14 pm

Projared was crying on twitter because women are a low percentage of his viewer base.

https://archive.is/8PgyA

Maybe it's because you're a scrawny big nosed cuck that rants about old games nobody cares about?

wildmage

Post by wildmage » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:18 pm

That fucking mug. I swear I'm not a good judge of character but anyone who wants to make a gaming channel and posts a picture of their ugly grin instead of a picture of vidya is just a small-name big ego shyster that wants to be famous.

Seriously, how could the cancer grow this much?

Seele

Post by Seele » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:28 pm

"For additional related thoughts, I really like @TamashiiHiroka's video essay on "Games for Girls"!"

That fucking little SJW-pleasing cuck. And yeah, ProJared probably has one of the ugliest visages I've seen thus far on the NormalBoots site alongside Le funny fat meme man is your friend & PBG. How anyone could find him "cute" or "handsome" in any sense of sanity is beyond my understanding. His face is a literal symbolic tribute to his disgustingly inflated viscous ego.
God's in his Heaven/All's right with the world

wildmage

Post by wildmage » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:43 pm

It follows a rule of thumb: Tits for women and Rapeface for men. Both are symptoms of a massive camwhore.

Some people don't want to get into the rat-race because they find being a wagecuck demeaning. How can it be worse than what ol'cicero is doing there?

Edit: "People" saying he's cute is the same as me bragging my mom finds me handsome. Either you say it ironically or you will have to move to another country if you ever want to be respected again.

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:46 pm

Vulcan wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:14 pm
Projared was crying on twitter because women are a low percentage of his viewer base.
Must be the patriarchy preventing all those girls to enjoy videogames clearly aimed at guys! A lot of women play games, but that doesn't mean they are interested in whatever shit he covers. Him being completely clueless about it shows how much he actually cares. How is it possible that this guy used to be normal years ago, when he still had a job and did his channel for fun?

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.