Folding Ideas

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
rabidtictac

Re: Folding Ideas

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:11 pm

I'm honestly surprised groups like patreon haven't fucked their beggar cucks harder. They know these people have no reasonable alternatives. Twitch's exchange rate on bits and cut of subs is hilariously greedy. Patreon could fuck e-celebs 24/7 and still come out looking better than Twitch.

YouTube, Twitch and Patreon are the only guys in town for ebeggar shits with no skills.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:47 pm

Patreon's problem is that they don't provide a service that's hard to imitate. Nor is what they are doing very costly or work-intensive. With under 100k business capital you could do exactly what they do. People just don't have much of a reason to wish for an alternative. But it does prevent Payacon to squeeze fuckers dry. Not that they even need to. I bet Paymetons is ridiculously profitable.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:06 am

Thing is, the service isn't special, sure. But name me another service out there that's reasonably popular and has as few requirements/restrictions as Patreon. Dickstarter and GoFuckMe are project-based services IIRC, meaning you can't collect monthly payments for nothing, indefinitely.

Anyone else could set up their own paymetons service, but they'd have to want to. I haven't seen a serious alternative proposed. Patreon should squeeze them harder and harder, because these beggars realistically are afraid of change and would lose money if they had to switch to another welfare group.
RAPEMAN wrote:

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:06 am

It's ONLY like 3%? It should be at LEAST 10% just like ebay and papal and shit, these nobodies I swear.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:21 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:06 am
Thing is, the service isn't special, sure. But name me another service out there that's reasonably popular and has as few requirements/restrictions as Patreon.
In the fashion of Payacon? None. I already said that. There's no reason for there to be one. But Payacon can create a reason by squeezing the Nobodies too hard. You know why BLIP BLIP BLIP was a thing in the first place. But video hosting and streaming is expensive. Accounting isn't. It would be easy to undercut them if they take it too far.
rabidtictac wrote:
Dickstarter and GoFuckMe are project-based services IIRC, meaning you can't collect monthly payments for nothing, indefinitely.
You mean projects like "I'm a broke shitter that never worked. Give me money for no reason Linkara plsretweetkthx!"?
Of course they aren't alternatives. I never claimed they were. I know why Patreon doesn't have competition in the same fashion as their site. Again, there's no need for it. But should that need arrive all it takes is one guy with some money to invest.

rabidtictac wrote:
Patreon should squeeze them harder and harder, because these beggars realistically are afraid of change and would lose money if they had to switch to another welfare group.
Lose money compared to what? The site that already makes sure their bottom line is shrinking and made competition viable due to that? Even the SJW Internet Nobodies would post their videos on The Daily Stormer if they would make more money there. Shit, Lacey Green pretty much made the light version of that turn.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:22 am

I should be that one guy. Or you. We should make our own ScamStarter website and take a 3-5% cut on all this welfare money idiots are throwing at e-celebs.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:27 am

They would have to squeeze them a lot harder for an alternative to be truly viable. They won't do that. I don't know if they publish numbers but their employee to profit ratio should be around the same ballpark as Apple's. I bet my ass they have zero need to even make this adjustment to the cut they take, let alone taking an even higher one high enough to make people leave.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Kim Justice

Post by Kim Justice » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:30 am

Spooky scary skeletons send shivers down your spine

Drip's the likely alternative when it comes. It sounds promising to me as a disgusting e-beggar (albeit one who actually does shit on there) but i doubt it'll be utterly blinding or anything.

drisko

Post by drisko » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:20 am

rabidtictac wrote:
This is going to probably fuck people more than they realise. How many subscriptions do you have that you keep forgetting to get rid of or barely notice? If you bring it to someone's attention, or force them to make an alteration to keep it going, they're more likely to let it lapse. And for a lot of these people, they probably have a significant chunk of fans who are only donating because they forgot to stop.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:27 am

I know isn't it great? Hope someone keeps tabs on patreon numbers so we can compare how many people drop on some of these people.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]