Razorfag: Contrarian Megafaggot

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Johnny

Re: Razorfist (now known as Racistfist probably)

Post by Johnny » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:01 pm

Or the Ewoks for that matter.

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:06 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:04 am
Seele wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:52 pm
Even Doom 2016 is somehow "better" than the original in his point of view.
Stop right there (criminal scum)! If I had my way that would be one of the few opinions punishable by death. Such levels of shit taste are a sign of a sick mind.
Those two things aren't even comparable, yet that didn't stop so many retarded "critics" to claim that the new Doom is just like the original, except better. Fuck you, you clowns, you can't even tell a difference between Quake and Doom. If anything, Doom 2016 is more like Quake Arena, if you replaced bots with normal enemies.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:14 pm

Johnny wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:01 pm
Or the Ewoks for that matter.
The only reason it didn't start with the Star Wars Holiday Special is because the internet wasn't a thing then, allowing Lucas to somewhat keep that quiet.

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:37 pm

Chippah wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:20 pm
I enjoy the Mythos series, even though most of his opinions are bullshit. To say that Shoegaze is a genre built on gimmicks while openly loving black metal, a genre where you have to dress like a Juggalo is pretty funny.
I agree its entertaining and to each his own, but he comes off very narrow-minded and pretty snarky to me, like he believes his opinion is the truth and those who disagree can go fuck themselves. He also insulted the fans and reviewers like coverkillernation for petty reasons too. He criticized people and metal publications for liking albums he dislikes and also for hating albums he likes. This man just can't take an alternate opinion even if his life depended on it.

Oh and sorry i accidentally replied twice earlier to this lol

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:00 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:38 pm
I think people already stopped at Jar-Jar.

Pope Corky III

Post by Pope Corky III » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:20 am

brian314 wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:50 pm
I got into Razor with his Iron Maiden stuff too. I found it entertaining, in fact, I liked the video, but he is on the less popular side of many arguments and gets butt-hurt about it when most people disagree (even blocking some users as I've heard). For example:
- Calling out and trashing Seventh Son for its chorus repeats and "synth-rock ballads" despite many other songs (not just by Maiden) that he likes doing the same chorus repeat "gimmick" ("Breaking The Law" and "Caught Somewhere in Time" came to mind)

- Saying Number of The Beast is overrated is a bit understandable on his end, but to say it turned most people off from metal is complete bull. Is every metal fan who likes this album just deaf or something? Its considered a classic by most for a reason, and that is not just because of its "historical significance" like he says. That being said: this isn't actually my favorite Maiden album, but its essential to their discography nonetheless.

- I hate how he calls out Maiden fans for hating No Prayer For The Dying / Fear of The Dark on their own terms, yet will defend his own hatred for NOTB and SSOASS by calling out all the "fuckwits who defend it" and arguing in the comment section. He's just being hypocritical at this point.

- But perhaps the biggest problem I had with this video was his uncalled for ranting and beat-around-the-bush hatred for Bruce Dickinson, while not criticizing Paul Di'Anno in the slightest. I'm not a "fanboy" of Bruce Dickinson, hell even HIS voice can get annoying sometimes, but this video is criminally unbalanced in terms of its presentation on this topic. He acts triggered as if he was attacked by a Bruce fanboy, even going far enough to put the Di'Anno lineup in the thumbnail and not Bruce. His Then vs Now comparison of the two singers is also flawed for he probably found the best clips to fit his argument which is just confirmation bias. Personally, I like both singers because they fit each other's style very well, but comparing them is kinda pointless considering that they were both important to Maiden and were completely different in delivery and style.

- I should also mention his berating of the fans for "defending" Bruce and "hating" on Di'Anno so much. Its funny that the one little stage incident (Bruce ripping the rude fan's sign)among hundreds of shows and the charity work that Bruce does in addition will make Razorfist proclaim that "I only listen to Iron Maiden, not that I'm an Iron Maiden fan", while Di'Anno's consistently rude behavior, at least up until Bruce got cancer, does shit-all to Razorfist. Hell, he even included a clip of Di'Anno himself criticizing Maiden's newest album in 2012. I have a higher opinion of him now, however.

Though I do think its safe to say that I watch Razorfist, not that I'm a Razorfist fan.

****WARNING MASSIVE ONCOMING MAIDEN SPERGE*****

The first bold bit makes me want to cut his throat the most. I really got fucking triggered from that considering I had a similar experience with Jazz and Kind of Blue. Especially when you consider the usual candidates for "best metal album ever" (Paranoid, RIB, MOP, NOTB), Number Of The Beast is clearly the best one. No filler, no dumb jamming, just great song after great song. Now if Number of the Beast is people's least favorite 80s Maiden album that's fine, so long as they still recognize it as a classic. My least favorite of the first seven Maiden albums is Piece of Mind. But do I think it's a bad album? FUCK NO.

The problem with No Prayer for The Dying (and too a lesser extent Fear of the Dark) was that it was a St. Anger situation* 13 years beforehand: Band plays straight up metal, then goes into a different direction that's loved by some, hated by others, and then tries to go back to their roots, while forgetting what made the roots work in the first place. They were trying to make Killers except 3 of the people that made Killers were gone. Adrian Smith leaving was a big contributing factor to this, even if he did contribute one song to the album (which is shit anyways).

*though of course, St. Anger was a much, MUCH worse fumbling of the ball.

The thing about Bruce ripping up the sign, was that it was essentially someone in the crowd heckling. You put your dignity and life in your own hands when you do that shit (more on that later). I actually distinctly remember that sign being in response to an interview Bruce did about not wanting to play the same old classics and playing all of the AMOLAD album in its place. Now to be fair, playing that entire album live was the worst decision Iron Maiden made since.....doing Ozzfest a year prior. I got the AMOLAD album and wasn't really crazy about it, and when I heard they were gonna go play all of it live, I did something revolutionary.....are ya ready........I didn't go to the show. Someone claiming that announcement was made after tickets had gone on sale but that's a crock of shit. I'm not saying you can't boo someone if you don't like the performance, but you better be prepared for the performers (and quite possibly the fans) to be on your ass.

As for that Paul Di'Anno incident, truthfully I don't find too much fault with his reaction to that heckler either. Granted it was a bit of a meltdown, moreso than Bruce's, but the asshole yelling "Bruce" at Paul was definitely just as guilty as the sign guy. And here's the thing, all the so called Bruce fanboys that hate the s/t and Killers, those people are pussies in my eyes. Those two albums are fucking brilliant, and anyone who doesn't like them is a faggot. But it's like saying Rush was better with John Rutsey, or that John was a better drummer than Peart: It's just factually wrong. Just because somebody isn't as technically as competent as a similar instrumentalist in a band doesn't make them bad at their instrument. Hell, Blaze is a great singer in his own right I like, but he was the wrong choice for that band. Hell I've actually thought that bringing back Paul might have been a much better idea. True 95-100% of the Bruce years would have to be left off the setlist, but at least they could lean into those first two albums, and perhaps that 1995 album might have turned out better. Except Paul is more or less how Ozzy would have turned out if he didn't have Sharon Osbourne as a manager. The guy had to sell his royalties to the first two Maiden albums for fuck sake.

top kek at that last sentence. But yea, fuck racistfist, fuck his Maiden video, fuck his putting Paul DiAnno as the thumbnail for it, fuck Paul Di'Anno fanboys, and fuck Michael Jackson too (no relation, just felt like putting that in there).
Last edited by Pope Corky III on Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:14 pm
He may have caught it at the same Bilderberg-Illuminati meeting as Prince Albert in a Can. I guess lizardmen aren't immune.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:07 am

The extent of my knowledge of metal is limited to a few old bands from the '70s that I really like. I'd be one of those unoriginal cunts who votes Paranoid for best metal album because I'm not a hardcore deathmetal type.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Pope Corky III

Post by Pope Corky III » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:24 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:07 am
The extent of my knowledge of metal is limited to a few old bands from the '70s that I really like. I'd be one of those unoriginal cunts who votes Paranoid for best metal album because I'm not a hardcore deathmetal type.
:lol: Nothing inherently wrong with that. I suppose to the average person Slayer is considered "hardcore deathmetal." Fair enough.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
He may have caught it at the same Bilderberg-Illuminati meeting as Prince Albert in a Can. I guess lizardmen aren't immune.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:42 am

When it comes to Maiden Razorfist is being a hardcore fucking contrarian with the Di'Anno shit and with Number of the Beast. Like Corky though, I think Peice of Mind is the worst of the classic period, I don't think Number of the Beast is their best (that's Powerslave, being a thrasher that one is the most riff heavy so I gravitated to it more) and I think the first two albums with Di'Anno are better (for similar reasons to me liking Powerslave). But come the fuck on, Bruce is a way better singer than Paul ever was, Iron Maiden would have never been as big as they got with Paul on vocals. He wasn't terrible or anything, he just didn't have an iconic or memorable voice at all.

I know why he is doing this, when you watch VH1 documentaries about that period Paul is shit on pretty damn hard, so Razor is responding by going the opposite extreme like a tard. Though in saying that, he is right about the old drummer being better and Nicko playing the same fucking drum beat over and over again.

As for Number of the Beast, for certain songs he flat out called it pop metal and completely dismissed the opening track like a cunt. I could tell by watching him he was trying way too hard to be a contrarian edgelord, more so than when he shat on Seventh Son because at least he wasn't making shit up with that one (not liking the longer songs and more proggy elements, that's pretty consistent with Razor's taste) though I think Steve Harris shitting on Americans for not liking it made him more antagonistic.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Pope Corky III

Post by Pope Corky III » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:04 pm

Poonoo wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:42 am
When it comes to Maiden Razorfist is being a hardcore fucking contrarian with the Di'Anno shit and with Number of the Beast. Like Corky though, I think Peice of Mind is the worst of the classic period, I don't think Number of the Beast is their best (that's Powerslave, being a thrasher that one is the most riff heavy so I gravitated to it more) and I think the first two albums with Di'Anno are better (for similar reasons to me liking Powerslave). But come the fuck on, Bruce is a way better singer than Paul ever was, Iron Maiden would have never been as big as they got with Paul on vocals. He wasn't terrible or anything, he just didn't have an iconic or memorable voice at all.

I know why he is doing this, when you watch VH1 documentaries about that period Paul is shit on pretty damn hard, so Razor is responding by going the opposite extreme like a tard. Though in saying that, he is right about the old drummer being better and Nicko playing the same fucking drum beat over and over again.

As for Number of the Beast, for certain songs he flat out called it pop metal and completely dismissed the opening track like a cunt. I could tell by watching him he was trying way too hard to be a contrarian edgelord, more so than when he shat on Seventh Son because at least he wasn't making shit up with that one (not liking the longer songs and more proggy elements, that's pretty consistent with Razor's taste) though I think Steve Harris shitting on Americans for not liking it made him more antagonistic.
I thought Di'Anno had a memorable voice, and let's not forget Eddie was the biggest reason for Maiden's success, but otherwise you are correct.

Disagree on Clive Burr. In fact, I think Clive is way more guilty of playing the same beat over and over again than Nicko. He plays swing time. A lot. I'll admit Nicko does ride the ride cymbal a little too much, but all one has to do is listen to The Clairvoyant, To Tame A Land or Alexander The Great to realize that he's not a one beat drummer. Even if it was true that he did, he's still a better drummer by virtue of the fact that the man in his senior citizen years can make a single kick drum pedal sound like a double kick.

He looked at every track and said "filler." :lol: I could just as easily go "Balls To The Wall: filler. London Leatherboys: filler. Fight It Back: filler, etc. etc." With Seventh Son, hating it for being prog is more understandable (but still wrong) than calling it a bunch of "synth pop ballads." My God what a stupid assessment.

I have to say, the dumbest thing he's ever said though is where he called Matt Barlow (Iced Earth), a grunge singer. :shock: Fucking what? He's clearly salty over Ripper Owens firing and being replaced by him. Now to be fair, Ripper being let go like that was bullshit, and there are flaws with Barlow's singing, but grunge?

Vocally, does this sound like grunge to anybody?

Ripper is a very talented singer, but the fucking problem is he was always either a replacement guy, or just didn't have the songwriting chops to come up with anything brilliant on his own. Even Blaze has been able to pull that off.
da PAC Nigguh wrote: