Turd in the Shadows

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Turd in the Shadows

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:59 pm

The difference is that Pewdiepie isn't a massive cunt with overinflated ego. Not everybody is like a TGWTG nutjobs, I would say the bigger following they have, the higher chance the person isn't a complete bastard. Sure you get people like PBG on one hand, but then you get passable existences like PewdiePie. And then of course, you get to the bottom of the barrel, where Boogie is waiting for you...

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:51 pm

PDP is one of those people who I will believe when they say they're just playing a character. Everything about him screams that he's playing a role for a specific audience that he knows will pay for that.

I wouldn't watch PDP for the same reason I wouldn't watch Barney and Friends.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:58 pm

Pewdiepie has been universally reported to be a very down to earth guy. Not only do I believe that he's playing a character in his videos, I'd venture to say that it's basically been confirmed at this point.

Now, other idiots like Markiplier and Jacksepticeye? Those guys I don't necessarily believe are playing a character. The former comes across as very self-aggrandizing and tends to chase away people that work with him and the latter seems to always be high on some form of drug. They know people watch them and they know that people think they're great. Whenever one of them feels down they just make a video where they cry a bit and everyone tells them how much they love them or something. It's very much akin to someone like Boogie.
"I currently have 274 pounds of lean mass. My nurse explained that since she'd just seen me walk a quarter mile that I basically was ripped underneath all of this fat." - Arnold Boogienigger

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:25 pm

Stranger wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:58 pm
Pewdiepie has been universally reported to be a very down to earth guy. Not only do I believe that he's playing a character in his videos, I'd venture to say that it's basically been confirmed at this point.
After the initial wave of "how the fuck is this guy the most popular channel" comments no one has given him shit except for cunty SJWs. He is one of the few big e-celebs that isn't an egotistical dickhead and acts professional outside his videos. To any of you E-celebs lurking here, that is all you need to do to avoid us ever talking about you. Make your content, don't be a tool and act professional. It's not hard if you are a fucking adult.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Just Some Random Guy

Post by Just Some Random Guy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:38 pm

Stranger wrote:

Now, other idiots like Markiplier and Jacksepticeye? Those guys I don't necessarily believe are playing a character. The former comes across as very self-aggrandizing and tends to chase away people that work with him and the latter seems to always be high on some form of drug. They know people watch them and they know that people think they're great. Whenever one of them feels down they just make a video where they cry a bit and everyone tells them how much they love them or something. It's very much akin to someone like Boogie.
I don't know about Jacksepticeye but I've heard pretty much everyone say that Markiplier is pretty nice. The biggest bit of "drama" about him I could find was some girl on tumblr who complained about how he rejected her, but even in her own description of what happened she came across as a stalker.

His brother (who makes a webcomic named Twokinds) is supposedly kind of weird, though.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:45 pm

Just Some Random Guy wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:38 pm
Stranger wrote:

I don't know about Jacksepticeye but I've heard pretty much everyone say that Markiplier is pretty nice. The biggest bit of "drama" about him I could find was some girl on tumblr who complained about how he rejected her, but even in her own description of what happened she came across as a stalker.

His brother (who makes a webcomic named Twokinds) is supposedly kind of weird, though.
Markiplier's brother is a furry
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:25 am

If you watch markipliers old videos he's actually calm and not a cartoon, so he's certainly playing a character, even though he says that's the "true him"
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:43 am

Just Some Random Guy wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:38 pm
but I've heard pretty much everyone say that Markiplier is pretty nice.
They say that about Booger as well. Markiplier seems annoying as a character and also as a person, from those very few videos I've seen, I wouldn't bother. That septiceye faggot is straight up cancer though. Just awful.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:16 am

mad bum wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:25 am
If you watch markipliers old videos he's actually calm and not a cartoon, so he's certainly playing a character, even though he says that's the "true him"
The problem is you have to go look at his older videos in order for that to work.

I mean at least I can say that most of my opinion of Markiplier is colored by watching how many people he's had enter and leave his life versus other youtubers who remain friends with people for long periods of time. I also tend to watch his videos rather critically. My wife is the one subbed to him. I point out all the stupid crap he says and repeats and tell her that he's got this crap down to a formula and it's just a job for him at this point no matter how much he says it isn't.

Difference is he doesn't make it obvious to a casual viewer. Unlike someone like, say, Harshly Critical aka John Wolfe. Probably the #1 person to look at when you want to see a youtuber who very clearly doesn't want to keep doing his job but doesn't want to quit because it's easier than what he would have to do otherwise.
"I currently have 274 pounds of lean mass. My nurse explained that since she'd just seen me walk a quarter mile that I basically was ripped underneath all of this fat." - Arnold Boogienigger

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:34 am

PDP isn't even really playing a character anymore. If you should stumble over a newer video of his, he's basically just half-jokingly shitposting. The times of LPs are pretty much over and he doesn't have to do anything but talk about something.
Felix comes of as pretty damn okay.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!