Chris "Zod's Snapped Neck" Cuckmann

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Chris "Zod's Snapped Neck" Cuckmann

Post by Le Redditeur » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:03 am

Rushy wrote:
Kugelfisch wrote:How long until we can all agree that Star Wars should've been three movies and nothing else?
All eternity, I should think. The worst of them are still watchable as far as I'm concerned.
Besides, people bitch about Return Of The Jedi these days too, which always gets on my nerves. A movie just can't have some flaws nowadays, nope.
The ewoks are fucking inexcusable.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:20 pm

Return of the Jedi always annoyed me as a kid because the only story thread I cared about was Luke, but the movie kept cutting every 5 minutes to Ewoks and replacement Han Solo in the Falcon doing the death star trench run again. Dammit all I ever cared about was Luke!

It's not a bad movie, but it had some problems compared to the first two films.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:02 pm

rabidtictac wrote:Return of the Jedi always annoyed me as a kid because the only story thread I cared about was Luke, but the movie kept cutting every 5 minutes to Ewoks and replacement Han Solo in the Falcon doing the death star trench run again. Dammit all I ever cared about was Luke!

It's not a bad movie, but it had some problems compared to the first two films.
The Ewoks part was garbage, other than the cool looking speeder scene. The beginning at Jabba's palace was fucking brilliant but after that the story has too much shit going on, Luke's part was the best but even then the temptation to the dark side makes no sense as Plinkett said. Ford said someone needed to die in the Original Trilogy and wanted it to be Han, I feel like he should have died when frozen and that should have motivated Luke to get more aggressive with the Emperor reminding him what happened to Han. Vader killed his friend (if we go with Han dying), his mentor, the empire killed his family when trying to find the droids and that should have tempted him to steer away from his plan to turn Vader. He can start thinking that maybe Yoda and Obi Wan were right and that he is irredeemable with the Emperor hammering that point home. You have both Luke and Vader being conflicted, it's like pottery.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Osterzone

Post by Osterzone » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:12 pm

You need Han alive through the frozen thing. A blind Han did a vaudeville gag on the supposed greatest bounty in the galaxy.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:49 pm

It is a mystery to me why Boba became such a huge deal that his entire species was build around him and he got a weird connection to the rise of the Empire. That helmet goes a long way, it seems.

And I'd totally watch a Predator-style movie about a group of Storm Troopers wandering through the jungle, getting picked off by Ewoks.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Guru Larry
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Guru Larry » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:35 pm

Species? I thought Boba Fett was human, just a clone of Jango Fett who grew up believing he was his son.

But the Ewoks was what made Gary Kurtz walk out of the project, they were supposed to be Wookies, but Lucas painted himself into a corner when he already established Wookies were technological savvy, but this race were essentially tribesmen. So he stuck teddy bears in there.

I mean Lucas thought that Ewoks would be so popular, he made two more movies and a cartoon series just about them. and he'd have done the same shit with Jar Jar Binks if it wasn't for the fans being far more noticeable due to the internet.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:38 pm

Mandalorians might be humans, but they act like Klingons or something. And all of their warriors have the Fett armor.
Last edited by VoiceOfReasonPast on Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:56 pm

First off: Fett literally means fat in German. So his name is funny to me.
Secondly: Cool costume + jetpack + interstellar bounty hunter = Awesome² to a boy. But what, if you're going by the movies and the movies alone, is actually canon about him. I don't remember any clone talk in the OG trilogy.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:08 pm

He stands around looking all cool, and then goes down like a slapstick character when facing a "threat", aka a blind dude.

Funny how his father (in Episode 2) and a lot of his fellow clones (in the Clone Wars cartoon) are more fleshed out than he ever was.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:15 pm

Because he wasn't meant to be some super special dude. Just some bounty hunter looking cool. His death is laughable, of course. I wonder if they laughed their asses off when coming up with that idea and just decided to leave it that way because they thought it'd be hilarious.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!