Nasty Cockslut aka Uncle Linky

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Nasty Cockslut aka Uncle Linky

Post by mad bum » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:48 am

Le Redditeur wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:10 am
Let's not make the "Jim video" a bigger event than it really is (as in, "an autistic video shoehorned as a Patreon e-beg reward"). Specially because Jimbo really sounds like he doesn't want to make those videos (compare his voice inflection from the Douge video to any one of his pre-Patreon Deviant Art videos).

Linkara only has to lose if he decides to NOT ignore Jimbo. I'm not sure he's stupid enough to take the bait. I mean, even DSP wasn't.
Dance monkey dance. He makes like 3k a month from patreon lightly shitposting with videos with a 101 crash course for normies to catch up on. I have no sympathy for Jim wether he likes it or not.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:51 pm

I'm surprised that Lewis wasn't compelled to give Joe's space station a backstory.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:03 pm

sigh wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:42 am
Every meaningful role is played by Lewis, the main Character the main villain, the only important supporting character. For all intents and purposes it's a "what if ... Lewis was in charge during an anniversary special instead of Doge" and the answer is he will surpass Douge in dominating every shot he is in.
Bravo Lewis, Bravo.
Everything he does may be bad art, but it is still art solely because you see a lot of him in his work. When an artist puts a lot of work and care into something their personality is reflected in their work, even though they don't intend to. Linkara's delusional, high and mighty attitude and egotism always comes through in everything he does.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:31 pm

mad bum wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:48 am
Dance monkey dance. He makes like 3k a month from patreon lightly shitposting with videos with a 101 crash course for normies to catch up on. I have no sympathy for Jim wether he likes it or not.
Is anyone here surprised that a Patreon bloke manages to disappoint with his content?
Rushy wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:51 pm
I'm surprised that Lewis wasn't compelled to give Joe's space station a backstory.
Maybe next time.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

drisko

Post by drisko » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:48 am

Poonoo wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:03 pm
sigh wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:42 am
Every meaningful role is played by Lewis, the main Character the main villain, the only important supporting character. For all intents and purposes it's a "what if ... Lewis was in charge during an anniversary special instead of Doge" and the answer is he will surpass Douge in dominating every shot he is in.
Bravo Lewis, Bravo.
Everything he does may be bad art, but it is still art solely because you see a lot of him in his work. When an artist puts a lot of work and care into something their personality is reflected in their work, even though they don't intend to. Linkara's delusional, high and mighty attitude and egotism always comes through in everything he does.
I've always wondered, what if he had been able to get a job at DC comics or one of the others, and had to write characters he hadn't created. You sometimes see this in writers where they'll treat the established characters pretty evenly, but then when the characters they created come in, or the ones they absolutely love, they utterly dominate and take over the whole story. For example, Greg Rucka's run on Detective Comics became the Sasha Bordeaux show until the other writers forced him to refocus on Batman again in the big Fugitive crossover. And then you've got the Tarantula rape scene in Devin Grayson's Nightwing run.

If they forced him to stick to established characters (Which I would) he'd probably have them in these rigid roles they couldn't escape because he's stuck on them having a certain way they're allowed to be written and nothing else. And he hates it when characters die so there'd be no danger for anyone. Once he was able to finally introduce Lightbringer redux, they would take over completely.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:29 am

We don't need his fanfiction to tell that he's an egoist, he flat-out said so in that interview with Doge.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:46 am

drisko wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:48 am
I've always wondered, what if he had been able to get a job at DC comics or one of the others, and had to write characters he hadn't created. You sometimes see this in writers where they'll treat the established characters pretty evenly, but then when the characters they created come in, or the ones they absolutely love, they utterly dominate and take over the whole story. For example, Greg Rucka's run on Detective Comics became the Sasha Bordeaux show until the other writers forced him to refocus on Batman again in the big Fugitive crossover. And then you've got the Tarantula rape scene in Devin Grayson's Nightwing run.

If they forced him to stick to established characters (Which I would) he'd probably have them in these rigid roles they couldn't escape because he's stuck on them having a certain way they're allowed to be written and nothing else. And he hates it when characters die so there'd be no danger for anyone. Once he was able to finally introduce Lightbringer redux, they would take over completely.
Assuming he had enough talent to get work at DC, he'd probably have enough talent to get work at one of the independent comic book companies. If he had to do what you described and write other people's characters, he'd probably eventually get so frustrated that he'd break from DC to work for, say, Image and unleash his unique brand of shit on the industry. Sort of like Rob Liefeld. He does hate Liefeld, right?
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:53 pm

Yeah, he heard that shitting on Liefeld for his crap drawing is accepted lore among comic fans. So he shits on a guy that's about a thousand times better than him.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

drisko

Post by drisko » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:24 am

I find it funny that Linkara bitches about Liefeld reusing the same ideas for characters, either repeating his old work or just renaming another established character, but that's all he does too. His own movie wouldn't exist without To Boldly Flee.

sigh

Post by sigh » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:25 am

Far-fetched conclusion, his movie would exist without TBF, TBF part in his movie is just a proxy for Star trek/some other space sci-fi show. Instead of the plot hole it could have been some space anomaly strangely similar to one from the show. (Ignoring that TBF/AT4W movie rips off elements from Star Trek III)