Nasty Cockslut aka Uncle Linky

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Whybother

Re: Nasty Cockslut aka Uncle Linky

Post by Whybother » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:52 am

Any job Linky ever worked beyond internet whore was likely about the equivalent of Orcril's clothes folding gig and was likely a summer job when he was in high school or college. In other words...not actually a job.

ghostguest

Post by ghostguest » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:49 am

He met Iron Liz at a bookstore they both worked at. As far as I know, that's it.

drisko

Post by drisko » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:09 am

He's mentioned a few times he worked in a book store, usually with a 'joke' that he's one of the rare people who actually liked working retail. In that infamous Spoony Twilight video, he said his store did a midnight release for the last book. That was ten years ago, so he was probably there for a few months until the show started making enough that he could quit.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:14 pm

I remember him mentioning the store when he announced that he would become a full-time internet nobody. What a great choice.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

BenComicGraphics

Post by BenComicGraphics » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:32 pm

He worked part time retail in a furniture store, then a book store.

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:46 pm

BenComicGraphics wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:32 pm
He worked part time retail in a furniture store, then a book store.
If Linkara has a Wikipedia entry it needs to be edited to be just this sentence.
Is Spoony dead yet?

BenComicGraphics

Post by BenComicGraphics » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:11 pm

Eh.... I mean, you might as well be following Chris Chan if that's that important to you lol.

Again I love that Lewis doesn't know how to tweet. He could write a blog post then tweet a link to it with the sentence "my thoughts on..." Versus doing 20 posts of a run on sentence.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:25 am

BenComicGraphics wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:11 pm
Eh.... I mean, you might as well be following Chris Chan if that's that important to you lol.

Again I love that Lewis doesn't know how to tweet. He could write a blog post then tweet a link to it with the sentence "my thoughts on..." Versus doing 20 posts of a run on sentence.
That would involve him trying to improve in the slightest which he doesn't want to, i think?
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

drisko

Post by drisko » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:03 am

It's more that he doesn't want to improve because he doesn't think he ever needs to.

Heisenberg

Post by Heisenberg » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:17 am

drisko wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:09 am
He's mentioned a few times he worked in a book store, usually with a 'joke' that he's one of the rare people who actually liked working retail. In that infamous Spoony Twilight video, he said his store did a midnight release for the last book. That was ten years ago, so he was probably there for a few months until the show started making enough that he could quit.
"Lewis, why haven't you put out the new books yet?"
"Asking me when I'm going to put them out, is not going to make them get done faster. Let me walk you through my process. I have to notice the box, find a boxcutter, and return with the boxcutter to the box. Oh, but it gets better. After I open the box, I then have to dispose of the packing material and the box itself in separate receptacles. In addition to that, people don't seem to realize how much care goes into shelving them, or how many different places the books could go. Once the books are shelved, I then have to repeat the process over again. I am doing this because you asked me to. I have warned you that if this becomes a chore, I will be disinclined!"