Nasty Cockslut aka Uncle Linky

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Nasty Cockslut aka Uncle Linky

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:23 pm

Tony Schiavone wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:32 pm
He did start to mark the videos that had story in them, and promise to stick them more at the end and more convenient places for those who just want him to rant about comics.
When I stopped watching him he kept the "deep" plot at the end, with maybe a little bit at the start. Even a storyline finale tends to have mostly comic review stuff in the middle.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:39 pm

CIANIgger wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:02 pm
That Blockbuster Buster spic was the exact same. I hope that guy is dead now....
Hey, no hating on /ourguy/ ERod, ¿ese? His deep plotz are totally different: he has a magic hammer, not a gun. And he doesn't lust (only) for dickgirls: he also lusts for /ourgranny/ Lupa.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:58 pm

BenComicGraphics wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:07 pm
This is a guy who chastised me for drawing on a Sunday, but bent on abortion because he wanted to pal with Lindsay Ellis.

Jesus fuck. He was such an uptight Christain but he desires fame so much that he is suddenly ok with killing babies (his world view, not mine) in order to gain popularity.

He has no principles at all but get more fame. I knew that from reading his webcomic but fuck me.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

drisko

Post by drisko » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:05 pm

BenComicGraphics wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:07 pm
Tony Schiavone wrote:
Are we sure Linky is a conservative? 'Cause his stories are pretty much left-wing fantasy by the book.
His family was conservative. Lewis has no values other than fame. He's sacrificed his father's principles for fame. He's bended on moral grounds if it meant offending a channel awful producer.

This is a guy who chastised me for drawing on a Sunday, but bent on abortion because he wanted to pal with Lindsay Ellis.
He was pretty conservative in the early days, made a few comments about how capitalism was the way to go and sex should only be with someone you love ever, which was probably him bending away from 'only a married couple.'

We are talking about a guy who dated and lived with a tranny for a year, but did a comic review where he was grossed out by a dude wearing dresses and singing Lady Gaga... while they were still together.

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:59 am

Tony Schiavone wrote:

This is a guy who chastised me for drawing on a Sunday
He did that?! When? Where?

drisko

Post by drisko » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:25 am

Guest wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:59 am
Tony Schiavone wrote:

This is a guy who chastised me for drawing on a Sunday
He did that?! When? Where?
It's been mentioned before. Ben has a lot of stories from Lightbringer era Linkara. Check out the rest of this thread, there's some good shit there.

Kama

Post by Kama » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:17 am

I'm surprised Linkara hasn't gone the Rick and Morty route and created the citadel of Linkara's.

sigh

Post by sigh » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:22 am

Just wait for the upcoming Tournament arc, I beat you he will get lazy and at least a couple of Other universe champions will be versions of Linkara.

Kama

Post by Kama » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:27 am

Honestly at this point I just watch comicstorian if I want a dude to read comic books to me.

But as for Lord Vyce. Arguably to me at least, he is the best villain Linkara ever made. Vyce made me interested, but after that it's been nothing but mechakara and other liberal pandering. Plus the bad writing. Plus getting away with making his magic gun the murdered and tortured soul of a little girl that no one questions, and actually makes shippings between Linkara and the girl in his gun.... People are insane, but then again I wouldn't be surprised if in the tournament arc it's going to be a whole bunch of Linkara's and then they decide to form a fucking interdimensional government and shit.

drisko

Post by drisko » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:59 am

Vyce bugged me because of how much of a Mary Sue he made Linky, but also one big flaw: He's supposed to be this world-conquering villain, but his 'army' gets beaten by a bunch of Angry Joes and then Linkara, Liz and the others beat him by ganging up on him. Eventually, Lewis retconned it as Vyce's legend being overhyped and in reality he only conquered a few universes, but even that doesn't take away the fact that Linkara beat this supposedly feared badass by waving a few toys at him and monologuing. I do agree, he is one of the best villains, but he's a big example of how Lewis wants to do big, epic stories but doesn't know how to.

What would have worked better is if he did something similar to the Namek arc in DBZ. Frieza is this unstoppable god-like maniac the heroes have no hope to beat, so they work their way up through his ranks. Dadoria, Zarbon and then the Ginyu force get taken out until Frieza's the only one left and even then they're still outclassed until Goku goes super saiyan.

So for At4W, you have a scout go to the world and he's the strong villain Linkara beats, only to discover that was just a mook from a bigger army. Vyce is seen in silhouette, maybe we only hear his voice, and he orders another mook to go see what happened while effortlessly killing someone else to build up the threat. Each time, Linkara has to beat someone higher up the chain and we learn more about Vyce and his conquering army, maybe even co-ordinate with the others to have Vyce villains appear in their shows to build up more of this legend.

And since Lewis is really big into the idea that TGWTG is this big comics company, have Vyce send an army to conquer earth and get anyone who wants in to film a skit in showing how they dealt with a section of the army, and turn it into this big event, with At4W at the centre. And that was at the time when people were getting into the storyline thing, so they probably would have been down for it.

Now this more than likely would have been terrible, but it would have been better than what Lewis gave us.