Nasty Cockslut aka Uncle Linky

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Nasty Cockslut aka Uncle Linky

Post by mad bum » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:06 am

drisko wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:46 am
10 - 52:00 He still believes that internet reviewers are viable and not dying out, especially on CA. Also, still sees CA as a comic book company.
Tell that to battle geek plus, rantasmo, rocked reviews, that gay guy and that feminist girl. Unless you started 5 years ago you're a more internet nobody than bennett the sage.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:08 am

Internet nobodies in general are just fucked because their market is so oversaturated. Their "quality content" is and has always been shit literally anyone could make, filming from their basements. They have no unique insights on anything and get paid for producing "quality content" that isn't worth real money.

They're just lucky that they get a lot of their money via indirect payment. If their shit was behind a paywall, nobody would watch.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

drisko

Post by drisko » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:22 am

Yeah, they have no chance any more. Oh well, back to it.

1 - 1:02:00 Now they're talking about cartoons. After a minute or so he brings it back to superhero cartoons.

2 - 1:04:00 Talking about the GI Joe comics, Pat was upset with the characters being killed off. Lewis goes into how his superhero cartoons were more mature than Pat's GI Joe cartoons.

3 - 1:05:30 Death in the family, the story where Robin dies. And that leads into a discussion about 80s comics like Watchmen and Dark Knight Returns made things darker. Surprisingly, Lewis did know that comics were naturally getting darker outside of those two books, mostly from Denny O'Neil.

4 - 1:08:45 Getting to the comic book crash. Lewis admits he doesn't know much about that time, So Pat's not going to get the dscussion. Apparently the Clone Saga is why Pat stopped reading comics.

5 - 1:11:30 Lewis mentions SF Debris's series about the comic crash and starts regurgitating info that he's heard.

6 - 1:14:00 Talking comics, mostly Spider-Man. Thinking about skipping ahead just so I can.

7 - 1:20:30 Nerd rage about how creators need to take better care of the characters. Lewis is actually pretty even handed on it at first.

8 - 1:26:00 Lewis ranting about how Marvel doesn't know how to run their comic company.

9 - 1:30:00 Lewis talks about how comics are too insular for anyone to just jump in. Wonder if he understands the irony with the movie.

10 - 1:36:40 Onto movies again, about Fantastic 4 possibly going back to Marvel. Xmen is still unlikely, which I agree with.

11 - 1:41:20 Comic movie burnout. Lewis recites people who point out that most Marvel movies have other genres in their movies and assumes this will keep the series going forever.

12 - 1:44:00 Pat wanted the Nolan movies to have a standalone movie that was basically an episode of a TV show, or maybe just have a Batman TV show. Pat also hates that the movies and TV shows are in separate universes and not all connected. Lewis agrees with these points.

13 - 1:47:00 Joss Whedon taking of Justice League. Lewis doesn't have much to say so Pat takes over. In fact, once they stopped talking Channel Awesome, Pat has been talking way more than Lewis.

14 - At some point they started a rant on Watchmen, the movie and everything they hate that isn't the original series. I forget when though.

15 - 1:51:30 Wrapping up time. Apparently Lewis is planning to make a horror movie based on that Longbox of the Damned show he does. And he admits At4W the movie was just an anniversary special.

16 - 1:53:30 He's moving into gaming stuff because that's popular now. And then they mention a thing where they read out comic books like a Let's Play, but that never happened.

Holy shit, finally done. Okay, way less gossip than I was hoping for but hey, it's Lewis, he's the company man. Though I didn't realise how extreme his devotion was to CA, I mean he still thinks people should aspire to join them so that they can get careers like him. I guess he's still living in the hey day of his fame.

Also, was very surprised to hear him admit he's not much of a comic fan. I mean, we all knew it, but I never thought I'd hear him say it. I guess he is getting ahead of Jim's review.

BenComicGraphics

Post by BenComicGraphics » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:53 am

read out a comic book like a let's play.... but he already does that!

ThatGuy

Post by ThatGuy » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:16 am

Read the comments on the video, they are just crapping on the video and linkara

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:22 am

drisko wrote:
5 - 33:40 He admits his success was all about luck. And because he had a regular schedule. But then he starts talking about constantly improving and I think his standards are different than ours.
Bullshit. I recently watched this Dart #1 review of his (my first AT4W video in like 2-3 years), and it's always the same, with the same kind of complains delivered in the same way. The only way to know that this is newer than most of his older stuff is because he changed his outfit like 3 years ago.
sigh wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:37 pm
Rushy wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:12 pm
He also has a random white chick in his storylines now, who lives in his house for no apparent reason. The new Iron Liz, although this one doesn't seem to be a tranny.
Checked the The Star Wars #5 review and skipped to the end, ended up listening to him angrily shouting his philosophy entwined with his storyline and some ramblings in the poor girls's face. No thanks, still not interested. As I see he didn't drop Linkara the hero of the multiverse shtick.
Was it the same girl that's also the spirit of his magic gun? She was like the only white biologically female character that ever appeared in his storyline. She came across like he just picked her up at a con or something.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Mister Show

Post by Mister Show » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:53 am

Oh my god. You're a saint for making annotations. Now I don't have to listen to it.
drisko wrote:
11 - 55:30 Off CA and now onto comics. Pat points out Lewis admitted he's not a big comics fan.
Well there's a bulletin.
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:22 am
I recently watched this Dart #1 review of his (my first AT4W video in like 2-3 years), and it's always the same, with the same kind of complains delivered in the same way. The only way to know that this is newer than most of his older stuff is because he changed his outfit like 3 years ago.
That is something about him that just bugs the hell out of me. Admittedly, it's maybe not something over which I should actually be angry. But as someone who has the creative bug, there's something weird about another person who doesn't improve in his craft. How is that even possible?

Like, when we watched his movie, I couldn't believe he still shoots video like that. Like, "Why does my video look like shit? Maybe I should find out." Anyone else shooting video will EVENTUALLY do that.
Big money! Big prizes! I love it!

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:05 am

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (21.51 KiB) Viewed 923 times
Here she is. No, she's not the same one who played the Magic Gun spirit. In storyline, she's some kind of alternate universe reviewer archeologist.
Mister Show wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:53 am
Like, when we watched his movie, I couldn't believe he still shoots video like that. Like, "Why does my video look like shit? Maybe I should find out." Anyone else shooting video will EVENTUALLY do that.
I was less pissed off that he still shoots like that and more pissed off that he shot his movie like that. Dude has never heard of camera angles.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:04 pm

You sure that's a "she"?

And it's no wonder he shot it like that. It kepts the movie in line with his show, and his big inspiration Doge rarely did anything fancy with his movies, either.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

sigh

Post by sigh » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:21 pm

drisko wrote:
8 - 47:00 Talks about trying to get Doge to pull a Doctor Who with NC by getting another actor to play the Critic, because it worked with Doctor Who, James Bond and Star Trek captains. And he's probably going to get someone else to play Linkara when he stops. He seems to be under the impression that these things should be run into the ground for as long as they can be milked.
Shit, that's right he can just write the shit and pay someone to play it out, as long as his audience would accept that, which knowing anything about them is way longer than it should. And there even is a precedent with Ray William Jhonson's =3, I don't know how much the format was popular when he hired other people, but it did run for some time. tfw You thought the internet nobodies will have to get a normal job at some point, because of age, but no they can cheat it. This really is a option I forgot to consider. Though I am counting on Lewis and that the next Linkara will be a black transsexual lesbian catkin attack helicopter, like the Doctor Who still can not give to it's Fandom.
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:04 pm
You sure that's a "she"?
At first look I thought it was Diamanda whitout makeup.