Nasty Cockslut aka Uncle Linky

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Cuckara

Re: Nasty Cockslut aka Uncle Linky

Post by Cuckara » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:17 am

Guest wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:27 pm
The Razzies have always been hipster bullshit.
I wouldn't call them hipster but they've always been bullshit. Stanley Kubrick was nominated for worst director for The Shining, Shelley Duvall was nominated for worst actress for The Shining, Ennio Morricone was nominated for worst score for John Carpenter's The Thing, Tangerine Dream were nominated for worst score for Thief, Michael Caine was nominated for worst actor for Dressed to Kill, The Blair Witch Project was nominated for worst picture, Sylvester Stallone was crowned the worst actor of the 1980s and the worst actor of the century, Brian De Palma got numerous worst director nominations during his heyday, I could go on and on. The Razzies are just a meme although sometimes they're entertaining.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:16 am

Well, I think it's fun for people to shit on the big budget studio films. Because those guys have tons of money, experience, and manpower and should know better.

Zero-budget shit like Manos and Samurai Cop had no money and only amateur talent. There's like a 99% chance of failure with those kind of movies. They're barely movies at that and picking on them is like beating up a retard.

It's more fun shitting on pompous fucks like M. Night Shamalamadingdong and the Wachowski "sisters".
お前はもう死んでいる。

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:29 am

Whybother wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:10 pm
Nobody liked the Ghostbusters movie. Nobody. People lied about liking it so they could "support the cause." It's objectively a piece of shit.
He has to like it otherwise the girl who pegs him will leave.

Really as if I needed an excuse to hate lewis more. Even angry Joe is like you're retarded.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Mynameisnotimportant

Post by Mynameisnotimportant » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:42 am

Ghostbusters 2016 is terrible for the most part.

Chris Hemsworth's character cracked me up with ,"An Aquarium is a Submarine for Fish." Which is funny/stupid because it doesn't even go anywhere, but true in that it essentially allows fish to breathe in an environment they normally couldn't like a sub. It's so wise and stupid at the same time that it made me laugh.

Kate McKinnon is fun as the eccentric Holtzmann and makes some cool inventions by the end of the film. The rest of the three Ghostbusters though are completely devoid of charm or personality. It lacks good ghost villains. It lacks the political theme of property damage and the legality of it all from the original with the major as a secondary antagonist. Its just a lifeless movie compared to the originals on the whole.

Johnny

Post by Johnny » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:46 am

I kinda enjoyed Batman & Robin despite its flaws. At the very least, Alice Silverstone's Batgirl was cute. Personally I found Batman Forever to be even worse and that doesn't get as much of a bad rap for some reason.

As for the Razzies, I get the impression they just parrot/regurgitate critical consensus and don't actually watch any of the movies they give awards to. Any organization that dislikes the Rambo movies shouldn't consider themselves to be the harbinger of good taste.

BenComicGraphics

Post by BenComicGraphics » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:50 am

Remember, Lewis is also the guy that liked Voyager more than Deep Space Nine because it was 'more scientific'.

(source? He fucking told me that).

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:01 am

Lewis's taste is... weird to say the least. Normally I don't dog on someone for occasionally liking something I think is awful because we all have that one thing we like that most people think is awful or that thing we think sucks that most people love. The reasoning behind it is important thought, and Linky's reasoning is usually the dumbest shit you've ever heard. Voyager is "more scientific"? How? More problems solved through nonsensical techno babble? Does that count as "science" in Linky's mind? :lol:

More likely Linky doesn't actually understand what he enjoyed about this stuff because he has a poor understanding of entertainment in general. His criticisms are all either moralistic, nitpicks, or stuff everyone else has already said. He can regurgitate popular opinion, but when he has to go against consensus to defend something he makes up bogus justifications that anyone can easily see are absurd.

But as weird as his taste is, I don't for a second believe he genuinely enjoyed Ghostbusters 2016. He went in wanting desperately to love it and convinced himself he liked it, all for the purpose of proving something in his own mind to those misogynistic shitlords.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:07 am

He probably watched it with Harambe and she did her best to convince him it was good.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:16 am

BenComicGraphics wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:50 am
Remember, Lewis is also the guy that liked Voyager more than Deep Space Nine because it was 'more scientific'.
I don't watch that Star Wars gay shit, so I couldn't tell if what he said is offensive, but more importantly, the dipshit created Lightbringer when he was like 18, right? And since he's basically half Chris-chan because of that, why on earth would I ever listen to someone like that and care what his taste is?

His favourite hobby is being penetrated by a broomstick, once a degenerate, always a degenerate. I'm not surprised he likes shitty movies at all, and I wouldn't be surprised if he meant it - he might be a pathetic feminist-wannabe, but what makes him even more pathetic is that he has this "holier than thou" aura on him, that he really means it and isn't just pretending to like a terrible movie because he can gain few feminist points. Even if he smeared shit all over his face, he would still try to pass it like he absolutely intended to do that and loves it.
Mynameisnotimportant wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:42 am
Kate McKinnon is fun as the eccentric Holtzmann and makes some cool inventions by the end of the film.
The most annoying character in the movie that acts like she just walked out of Animaniacs set is fun? Hey, I think Lewis is looking for an assistant writer...

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

drisko

Post by drisko » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:43 am

BenComicGraphics wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:50 am

(source? He fucking told me that).
I doubt he's done much research into science. He mentioned in his review of the 2001 comic he's read the book, which is pretty accurate for the time as far as I remember, but do you know if he's ever read anything like a Brief History of Time?