Nasty Cockslut aka Uncle Linky

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Nasty Cockslut aka Uncle Linky

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:59 pm

Well, Liefield is an easy target, what with him having influenced one of the most infamous periods of comic book history and using an odd art style where he tries to hide his lack of skill when it comes to eyes, feet, and anatomy in general.

Then again he probably never considered his work "deep", unlike some fedora-wearing bloke.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

drisko

Post by drisko » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:00 am

Oh he knows exactly what he is and what he accomplishes. I looked into Liefeld after he got fired from DC (It was a hilarious shit storm) and in interviews, he seems like an okay guy, just wants to draw comics that are fun. I think the main problem was he was pretty young when he got big (Like 21 or something) so he never really needed to learn how to draw in order to make money, in fact it was his lack of knowledge that was making him rich.

Lewis is kind of similar, in that he got famous for coming onto the scene at the right time and was one of the big guys at TGWTG, so he never learned and never grew.

BenComicGraphics

Post by BenComicGraphics » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:15 pm

I give Rob Liefeld a pass because he seems like a "golly gee whiz" kinda guy that, like you said, made it big too fast, but is still at least a decent human being. I mean, people try to troll him by bringing pouches to him to sign at conventions. What does he do? He signs them and acts like "That's cool".

Compare that to Lewis's attitude. Lewis is more known for the way he lectures his fans than his actual bodies of work on the internet. Would he re-enact one of his rants on camera for a fan or tell them to piss off?

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:44 pm

Not being a cunt and being able to handle the banter goes a long way. Virtually nobody actually hates Liefeld. They may hate his art but usually not the guy. Uncle Linky, however, is a condescending twat.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:50 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:44 pm
Virtually nobody actually hates Liefeld. They may hate his art but usually not the guy.
Fans, maybe. Industry people definitely hate Liefeld.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:32 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:50 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:44 pm
Virtually nobody actually hates Liefeld. They may hate his art but usually not the guy.
Fans, maybe. Industry people definitely hate Liefeld.
I'm certain they do. Success does that. Doesn't even matter if it is warrented or not.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:12 pm

Outside of comics and feminism, who even cares about Liefeld one way or another? People either like his art or don't like it. Their opinions on him are entirely defined by their reactions to his art. I don't think you can even say you hate somebody if what you hate is the product they produce, and that's about all.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:37 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:32 pm
I'm certain they do. Success does that. Doesn't even matter if it is warrented or not.
It's not even success. I mean, sure, there are people who can actually draw who fucking hate Liefeld. But he's also the only one of the Image founders to actually be kicked out of the group and there's a similar sentiment amongst people who have actually done business with him. Alan Moore called him ridiculous. Marvel hired him to do a reboot of Captain America and I think it was The Avengers, and they had to give his books to Jim Lee because he was delinquent on them and they were generally terrible.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:38 pm

So just stop employing him then.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Yuku

Post by Yuku » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:43 pm

What I don't get about Liefield is why doesn't he just learn to draw feet? He's already got some knowledge, just take a weekend to learn it and shut down the haters.