Nasty Cockslut aka Uncle Linky

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Kama

Re: Nasty Cockslut aka Uncle Linky

Post by Kama » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:09 am

I agree with everything you said., and just like you were saying I just meant that Vyce was only the best villain in the realms of Linkara's overall lack of skill and talent when it comes to plot as well as characters. I'd never disagree on the opinion that he's a shit writer. It's why I eventually stopped watching him.

drisko

Post by drisko » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:38 am

Same, I used to check out the new episodes every week and enjoyed the story arcs as dumb fun. But now it's just uncomfortable to see how much he's stagnated, yet still believes he's relevant and great. I went back and watched some of the old storylines through this guy and it's just cringey now.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:17 pm

drisko wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:38 am
Same, I used to check out the new episodes every week and enjoyed the story arcs as dumb fun.
A year or two ago I saw old clips of his storylines in some recap of it. In the early days you can tell he didn't take it 100% seriously and it was just dumb goofy shit like the AVGN did with Freddy Kruger and Jason. At some point he thought he storylines were art and they became like his Lightbringer comics.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:57 pm

Wasn't Vyce like the turning point where things became "serious" and "epic"?

He certainly felt like a step up from Mechakara, but everything since was just meandering around. I mean really, MissingNo. as an Elder God? With creepypasta poems?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:16 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:57 pm

He certainly felt like a step up from Mechakara, but everything since was just meandering around. I mean really, MissingNo. as an Elder God? With creepypasta poems?
King of Worms, 'nuff said
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:17 pm

Never got around to seeing that arc's finale. His poetry killed me.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:22 pm

Does he force his obese pet gorilla in his videos?
-All fanbases are shit

Just Some Random Guy

Post by Just Some Random Guy » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:42 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Pretty much. In fact, I think I can pinpoint the exact moment when it turned "serious" and "epic": At the end of Linkara's first on-screen fight with Vyce, Vyce basically clobbers the guy and Linkara is only saved because Vyce had to leave because of... I can't remember. But the final bit, where Linkara's just lying on the floor looking scared, is clearly supposed to be taken seriously, and that's when I think the turn really first happened. Before that, things were largely played as being fun and just an excuse to make some jokes. For example, the "Linkara gets kidnapped for several episodes," which came shortly before the Vyce fight, was used as a mechanism for some of his other characters to do a review in a different style; how well this worked is debatable (I do remember liking the one by 90's Kid), but it was just used as a mechanism to make the reviews a little more fun.
I'll take Mechakara over Vyce. Mechakara was clearly supposed to be for fun while Vyce was supposed to be seen as a real and serious threat. I guess that technically makes him a "better" villain but it made the story significantly worse. With Mechakara you can just have some fun with the self-indulgence, you can't really do that with Vyce.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:15 am

Just Some Random Guy wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:42 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Pretty much. In fact, I think I can pinpoint the exact moment when it turned "serious" and "epic": At the end of Linkara's first on-screen fight with Vyce, Vyce basically clobbers the guy and Linkara is only saved because Vyce had to leave because of... I can't remember. But the final bit, where Linkara's just lying on the floor looking scared, is clearly supposed to be taken seriously, and that's when I think the turn really first happened. Before that, things were largely played as being fun and just an excuse to make some jokes. For example, the "Linkara gets kidnapped for several episodes," which came shortly before the Vyce fight, was used as a mechanism for some of his other characters to do a review in a different style; how well this worked is debatable (I do remember liking the one by 90's Kid), but it was just used as a mechanism to make the reviews a little more fun.
I'll take Mechakara over Vyce. Mechakara was clearly supposed to be for fun while Vyce was supposed to be seen as a real and serious threat. I guess that technically makes him a "better" villain but it made the story significantly worse. With Mechakara you can just have some fun with the self-indulgence, you can't really do that with Vyce.
From what i heard Missingno was a prelude to things to come, I mean he made up the King of Worms (some idiot wearing a dumb metal mask) and another but lesser Mary Sue from another dimension/reality (A faggoty looking blond that "review" music instead of reading comics in front of a camera)
-All fanbases are shit

drisko

Post by drisko » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:37 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:

Well this is part of Vyce, but to me it's when he tried to make it serious. Especially the ending where he's supposed to be breaking down with grief, and then overcomes it (but has to spell out everything for the viewer). It starts with a dumb Star Trek thing and you can tell it's still supposed to be fun, but when he gets to Silent Hill it gets 'deep' and Linkara is actually trying to act.