Guru Larry Fat Cunt

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Guru Larry
DHI's Resident Pussy

Re: Guru Larry

Post by Guru Larry » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:25 pm

Guest wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:58 am
It dosen't matter of his career is dying, Pat's shrine of autistic plastic crap is a safe investment that will earn him an early retirement I'm sure.
Pop culture "investments" are a ticking time bomb and are only relevant to people who grew up with said subject.

It happened with Elvis merchandise, a few years ago, pieces were worth an absolute fortune, but now those who were nostalgic are losing interest or dying, his merch crashed and is worth fuck all.

Boogie's Panniculus

Post by Boogie's Panniculus » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:38 pm

I fucking hope the "retro gaming bubble" bursts and all these nerds that spent a fortune buying multiple copies of all the new games and would buy any "hidden gem" that Metal "I worked at Sierra!!!" Jesus mentioned cry about how their collection is worthless now.

I fucking roll my eyes so hard every time I see someone "I don't know much about the game, but I had to get it after seeing it was rare!!!" or "I saw SierraJesus mention this game was going up in price, so I grabbed a couple copies!"

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:05 pm

Well, if they're in for the money, they deserve to be despoiled. I once made an expensive purchase of a collector's item, but I didn't do it to get a profit; I bought it because I wanted to own it, and I had the expendable income to afford it.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:01 pm

Boogie's Panniculus wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:38 pm
I fucking hope the "retro gaming bubble" bursts and all these nerds that spent a fortune buying multiple copies of all the new games and would buy any "hidden gem" that Metal "I worked at Sierra!!!" Jesus mentioned cry about how their collection is worthless now.
The NES bubble is already bursting. Granted those $500 games are not bursting but a lot of the common titles are going back down to under $10. Basically the bubble is moving onto SNES and genesis, after about.....I'd say 2 more years N64 will spike up and SNES will be old news.

Contra is a good example of the retro bubble as a whole. Everything peaked around summer of '16 and ever since then it's been on a download slope for a lot of games.

https://i.imgur.com/ohZhoYr.png

Also remember the 90's are super in still right now, go to any clothing store and you'll see nickelodeon t-shirts.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Carn

Post by Carn » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:45 pm

Thing is, even in the 2000s on eBay the games weren't completely worthless. Just way less people knew about value and online sales and thus far more stuff was being sold locally for pennies. I can't see them dropping below 2010 prices any time soon, and that fuckboy Pat undoubtedly got most of his collection pre-boom so sadly I don't think theres any way he can lose out even with the bubble bursting. Its the faggots who jumped on board the retro fad in the last few years who have the most to lose.
Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:38 pm

I fucking roll my eyes so hard every time I see someone "I don't know much about the game, but I had to get it after seeing it was rare!!!" or "I saw SierraJesus mention this game was going up in price, so I grabbed a couple copies!"
Don't forget the dumbasses who just have to have every EVERY Limited Run release. The only Limited Run game I bought was Abe's New n' Tasty for whatever LR charged for it, probably £29.99 or something. Check eBay now, people are paying £100+. I could make a killing just grabbing every LR game on release and flipping it on eBay because people are that stupid.
Last edited by Carn on Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Boogie's Panniculus

Post by Boogie's Panniculus » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:50 pm

I want that bubble to pop like beanie babies.

I want to bathe in the tears of "game collectors".

EDIT: because Carn decided to edit in a quote to me instead of just making a new post...

LimitedRun games are the biggest "catering to collectors" racket.
Fucks cater to the reseller/scalpers market.

I would think they would just take orders and print enough... but no. I think I read that they tried it, but it sold really poorly. When they asked their customers, they said "no point in buying if they wont be valuable".

I think they limit to 2 "per person" (GOTTA HAVE ONE TO PLAY AND ONE TO KEEP SEALED...), but Im sure thats not hard to bypass.

I have no proof, but I would be infinitely surprised if the dude that runs LRG didnt scalp a couple dozen copies himself.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:15 pm

Carn wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:45 pm
Don't forget the dumbasses who just have to have every EVERY Limited Run release. The only Limited Run game I bought was Abe's New n' Tasty for whatever LR charged for it, probably £29.99 or something. Check eBay now, people are paying £100+. I could make a killing just grabbing every LR game on release and flipping it on eBay because people are that stupid.
Yeah, like for example saturday morning RPG, a literal $1 game on steam being sold for $100 online.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Boogie's Panniculus

Post by Boogie's Panniculus » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:33 pm

mad bum wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:15 pm
Carn wrote:
Yeah, like for example saturday morning RPG, a literal $1 game on steam being sold for $100 online.
Made by the owner of LRG!

Guru Larry
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Guru Larry » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:42 am

Carn wrote:
I must confess I'm one of those dumbasses, I've panic bought LR games in the past, only to realize they were shovelware shit.

LR keep screwing up my order as well, Ordered a collectors edition of Y's Origins, and they sent me FOUR Copies of LawBreakers instead (two of them collector editions) >.> I swear they're trolling me.
Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:50 pm
One of my upcoming videos is on the rise and fall of beanie babies by total coincidence.

Boogie's Panniculus

Post by Boogie's Panniculus » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:49 am

Guru Larry wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:42 am
Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:50 pm
One of my upcoming videos is on the rise and fall of beanie babies by total coincidence.
Yes...
Coincidence...

That isn't a hidden camera...