Guru Larry Fat Cunt

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Guru Larry

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:19 am

I imagine being freelance editor is far more secure if you have enough contacts and work opportunities in general (and you don't suck). I am a freelance designer and in my field, there is always need for completent workers, because there is always lack of them, but it can be a challenge to get to those opportunities.

It's completely different to youtube, where you're putting all eggs into one basket that you don't even have a way of contacting directly in case something goes wrong, unless I guess you get so many sponsors outside of the income from ads.

That's the problem, and since you're kinda bitch for all, you don't work on your education, get stuck with whatever you've been doing for years, and become lazy and comfortable (best example is Pissed Pedro or Douche Walker, where their videos haven't improved in years), which is completely different from my field, where I'm constantly pushing forward with new trends and techniques that make me valuable for my customers.

Not that I don't have a lot of colleagues that get stuck as well, but there is much more direct competition, it's not like someone is competing with Joe or Doge and stealing viewers from them just with better bluescreen or effects.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:24 am

Also, freelance workers, in any area, don't need to e-beg for money on Paymetons.

Rule of thumb: if you need to grovel on the internet for people to "support you on X", you're not working.

Boogie's Panniculus

Post by Boogie's Panniculus » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:32 am

Le Redditeur wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:24 am
Rule of thumb: if you need to grovel on the internet for people to "support you on X", you're not working.
Or you're friends with a nobody, then you get the internet to pay for your father-in-law's funeral, your wife's dental work, and your own dental work.

Kim Justice

Post by Kim Justice » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:51 am

Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:19 am
I imagine being freelance editor is far more secure if you have enough contacts and work opportunities in general (and you don't suck). I am a freelance designer and in my field, there is always need for completent workers, because there is always lack of them, but it can be a challenge to get to those opportunities.

It's completely different to youtube, where you're putting all eggs into one basket that you don't even have a way of contacting directly in case something goes wrong, unless I guess you get so many sponsors outside of the income from ads.

That's the problem, and since you're kinda bitch for all, you don't work on your education, get stuck with whatever you've been doing for years, and become lazy and comfortable (best example is Pissed Pedro or Douche Walker, where their videos haven't improved in years), which is completely different from my field, where I'm constantly pushing forward with new trends and techniques that make me valuable for my customers.

Not that I don't have a lot of colleagues that get stuck as well, but there is much more direct competition, it's not like someone is competing with Joe or Doge and stealing viewers from them just with better bluescreen or effects.
Yeah, all about the contacts in those fields - something a lot of YouTubers tend to forget about.

Putting everything into Youtube ad revenue is really dangerous these days. You bring up ol' Joe there - I'm always flummoxed by him because, even though he does take donations on his website and all that, I wonder why on earth he never went Patreon. He missed out on so much money there, and it's a much more stable way of making money than ad revenue (especially if you use it right and actually provide a service to your backers). Even Spoony's still making some money on that, for heaven's sake.

New trends and techniques is also something a lot of YT'ers ignore, alas. You're right in that it's very easy to just get stuck doing the same old thing over and over, never bothering to think about your equipment or process or trying something new or any of that shit. I'll say that Doge at least tried, but he didn't read the tea leaves right, he didn't properly understand what his audience wanted and the content that he tried to replace NCritic with was shit.

It's healthy to treat YT as a bit of a competition - I certainly do. I'm always looking at stuff that's not mine or not in my field for inspiration*, wondering what's next, how I can improve, different directions I can take. Keeps it fun. 'Cause yeah - it's not like people are necessarily stealing viewers from Joe or Doge, but they're kinda stagnant anyways.

*Shit that I can try to steal

Jeez, this isn't shitposty content at all - I'm sorry. I guess my point was that there's a lot of other freelancing positions these days, even beyond these more creative areas. Is Uber or MyHermes or whatever a "real" job? There's a lot of the same facelessness there, lack of job security and possibility that shit could just hit the fan tomorrow...anyway, bleh. I'm certainly not of the belief that my position is cushty, but I'll try and keep it going then use the experience for whatever comes next.

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:30 am

Le Redditeur wrote:
Also, freelance workers, in any area, don't need to e-beg for money on Paymetons.

Except the fact that supporting freelance workers and paying your favorite creators for their contributions is exactly what Patreon is supposed to do.

Every Joe Schmoe on the internet seems to have one now but just because it's a meme doesn't mean that you're suddenly, "not working," just because people are supporting your craft on patreon. You're still providing a product (unless you're Spooners) and people are still paying you for providing said product. If that isn't working then I don't know what really is.

It's incredibly silly to blanket statement things like this just because you're on DHI where we regularly mock people with patreons.
"I currently have 274 pounds of lean mass. My nurse explained that since she'd just seen me walk a quarter mile that I basically was ripped underneath all of this fat." - Arnold Boogienigger

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:14 am

Stranger wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:30 am
Le Redditeur wrote:

Except the fact that supporting freelance workers and paying your favorite creators for their contributions is exactly what Patreon is supposed to do.

Every Joe Schmoe on the internet seems to have one now but just because it's a meme doesn't mean that you're suddenly, "not working," just because people are supporting your craft on patreon. You're still providing a product (unless you're Spooners) and people are still paying you for providing said product. If that isn't working then I don't know what really is.

It's incredibly silly to blanket statement things like this just because you're on DHI where we regularly mock people with patreons.
I'd say something but i don't want to trigger you again
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:16 am

Stranger wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:30 am
Le Redditeur wrote:

Yeah, Paymetons was designed exactly to that: to get idiots to depart from their money, by donating for ebeggers, in exchange for cool perks like "your name on a thank you list" and "earlier access to the usual bideo bullcrap".

Artists doing commission work I can understand. Fat, ugly people whoring on Youtube, that I cannot understand at all.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:40 am

The retro game community is VERY happy to e-beg

This aussie fuck made videos saying he was "homeless"

It's a "joke" but people still send this fuck shit, like a fridge.

Could sadly go on, but I'd rather not spam the screen with these e-beggers.

Point is, youtube is a big triple dipping market, these fans are obsessed with making people happy even though their own lives are so miserable. It's really sad that people like "Kim" have to take advantage of the situation and just spin it saying it's their job.

Can't wait for youtube to go netflix so these fucks have to go back to retail.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:13 am

Why'd you send a fridge to somehow who supposedly doesn't have a room to put it in?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:23 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:13 am
Why'd you send a fridge to somehow who supposedly doesn't have a room to put it in?
He lives with his butt buddy from the game chasers, I didn't really watch the video but I know he mentions a fridge.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]