Guru Larry Fat Cunt

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Guru Larry

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Sat May 20, 2017 10:28 am

I second that, Kugel is wrong. I didn't like Borderlands 1 very much, but BL2 improved the formula in every way and it's gunplay was very satisfying. Story was ok, not as insulting as some people claim. Claptrap still stupidly annoying, but he wasn't in your face all the time - and I think they fired the douchebag who wrote most of his meme "jokes" after the game released. Still haven't finished all DLCs, because the game is really long and those DLCs are as well. You really get a great deal by getting the game.

@VoiceOfReasonPast I see.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat May 20, 2017 10:40 am

IMO the meat of Borderlands 2 is in Ultimate Vault Hunter modes and the Overpowered levels. My lowest level character is 65 IIRC, so I'm just saying. My "1000 times the gameplay hours in BL2 vs anyone else on this forum" wasn't hyperbole. Some of Claptrap's humor actually made me laugh, like how he goes around Sanctuary pestering random NPCs with shit like "want to hear the new dubstep song I wrote."

I think what made me really start to love BL2 was the Bandit Circle of Slaughter. It has some kickass fight music and I remember being about halfway through it and thinking how amazingly fun it was. Pumping tunes, pure adrenaline and enemies spawning with just barely enough warning for twitch reactions. You had to prioritize dangerous enemies while not getting overwhelmed by swarmers, and the AI in general is on point. Rats and bandits can sometimes be a little TOO intelligent, to the point where you can be easily overwhelmed if you don't take and maintain the initiative early on. Enemies retreat when you're strong and charge you when you're falling back.

The enemy variety is crazy too. Every DLC has a unique new set of enemies + the main game has probably the most diverse and interesting enemy types of any recent game in my memory. Loaders, bandits, goliaths, tubby enemy variations, Badass enemies, Loot Midgets, Loot Goons, spiderants, constructors, threshers, stalkers, Rats, varkids, crystalisks, rakks, buzzards, nomads, blaster variations of enemies, scavengers, armored enemy variants, slagged enemy variants, elemental enemy variants in general... That's off the top of my head and all of those are JUST from the vanilla game. As I said, each DLC has its own enemies. And there are TONS of optional sub-bosses, secret bosses and special badass enemies that only exist in certain levels and usually have a unique drop.

I WILL say that Borderlands 2 with no skill points is total shit. So that's the first 5 levels that are shit. Play to where you can start making builds and developing synergies between the weapons, your skills, your equipment and so on and the game really opens up with an impressive amount of freedom. A big part of the fun for me is finding the weapons I love to use the most and then building my character around them so I can always use them and dominate with them. The Spitter is a great example. It's a high-damage Torgue spinigun with slow reload and fire rate. But the damage is high and it's neutral-element, so it can be used in any map. Pair that with equipment or skills that boost reload and fire rate, plus any boosts to explosive or grenade damage (explosive guns get grenade damage on the splash damage of their projectiles) and you can fucking destroy shit.

This applies to basically any gun in the game. Only a couple of gun types, like Bandit Assault Rifles, are totally useless. The mechanics of the game are stupidly deep. Like, did you know that elemental damage bonuses are multiplicative? That means they come at the end of all your damage buffs and crank the SHIT out of your damage output. So that right there makes a ton of build types viable and certain items super good.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat May 20, 2017 12:52 pm

I really didn't like the archetype shift of the gun manufacturers. The archetypes of the first game were plain better in my opinion. Besides that I found it plain boring, the weapons very unsatisfying and overall tedious. I pirated the game and still felt ripped off.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

asdf

Post by asdf » Sat May 20, 2017 6:36 pm

I never saw the point of playing Borderlands after you beat the main campaigns (main game + DLCs) once. The Shooter+Looter aspect just never felt satisfying to me and the fact that most of the time tougher enemies followed the Diablo trope of just, "they're a slightly different color/size/have a new name and now you get 10x more rewards for them," wasn't enough to keep my interest.

Meh.

Carn

Post by Carn » Sun May 21, 2017 1:26 am

Too Human, what a fucking miserable boring game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1n2OBm6hIc

Pen Pal

Post by Pen Pal » Sun May 21, 2017 4:27 am

Found it to be somewhat funny how Larry used a cutscene from Blood Omen 2, which Silicon Knights had nothing to do with.

Guru Larry
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Guru Larry » Mon May 22, 2017 4:38 am

Pen Pal wrote:
Sun May 21, 2017 4:27 am
Found it to be somewhat funny how Larry used a cutscene from Blood Omen 2, which Silicon Knights had nothing to do with.
That was Dan's edit :D

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon May 22, 2017 3:58 pm

I don't want to throw out wild conspiracy theories, but I think he's trying to tarnish your good name.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Tue May 23, 2017 2:18 am

English youtubers stick together like TGWTG sticks to blip, Dan's channel is modestly successful but you should really get ashens to help you edit, I mean the guy just talks in front of a couch for 15 mins with a few minor edits here and there, what could he possibly be doing.
SpoilerShow
please don't tell ashens, I love him
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Guru Larry
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Guru Larry » Tue May 23, 2017 3:55 am

Ashens is busy writing his new book at the moment, but anything more complex than his couch videos, he often hires someone to edit them.

Which is weird as pre-youtube days he used to be an animator on B3ta.