GOTIS

Talk about the internet itself instead of people.
User avatar
Keith Chegwin
Posts: 1743
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:42 am
Location: Outer Heaven

Re: GOTIS

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:40 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:00 pm
The ones for the American market? Yeah, it's not like you guys could tell the difference. Still a step up from whatever GMC or Ford make. :lol:
Not over here, though. Except maybe the ultra poorfag VWs like the Fox that was made for the hue market.
No, I distinctly remember even the Europe shipped cars were manufactured in Mexico. I remember because one of my teachers had a BMW and said it was difficult to get it repaired because his was an older model and the newer models were made in Mexico and the parts aren't compatible or something.
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:21 pm
Gotta fill your airtime with something. The same channel would sometimes air a heavily edited version of some action film, followed by a less censored version right after that. The Thing was not so lucky.
This was also the same channel who would make 4kids-tier edits for kids animu with an official "for all ages" rating, so I guess the real reason was "the people running the channel are batshit insane".

(Nowadays they air almost 100% cheap reality trash TV 24/7. A fitting punishment, as Ashens would say.)
I still don't understand the logic. Surely there's a family movie they could show, or at least a movie that doesn't require them to extensively edit it to make it acceptable for broadcast. It reminds me of those TV edits they did for Basic Instinct. They edited out all the swearing. They most likely edited out all the sex and nudity. What's left? What's the point of showing it?
You claim to be a player, but I fucked your wife. We bust on bad boys, niggas fucked for life

User avatar
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter
Posts: 4973
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:33 pm

Re: GOTIS

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:47 pm

The ways of a TV channel are about as easy to grasp as the thoughts of an Elder God. I can't even remember the last time I watched Temple of Doom on television without having the entire fight scene with the overseer cut, because apparently seeing some boy using voodoo is eeeeeevil.

User avatar
Kugelfisch
Supreme Shitposter
Posts: 5036
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:36 pm

Re: GOTIS

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:20 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:40 pm
No, I distinctly remember even the Europe shipped cars were manufactured in Mexico. I remember because one of my teachers had a BMW and said it was difficult to get it repaired because his was an older model and the newer models were made in Mexico and the parts aren't compatible or something.
So he had an European one and had trouble to get it repaired because the parts you get in burgerland are for Mexican made ones?
I don't know what you're going on about. If you buy a BMW, Audi, Benz or VW in Germany it's been made in Germany. We don't outsource car manufacturing of German car brands for our local market.
Hail Eris, all hail Discordia!
Rapeculture wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:41 am
Have I forgotten to call Lindsay a cunt today?

User avatar
Keith Chegwin
Posts: 1743
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:42 am
Location: Outer Heaven

Re: GOTIS

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:28 pm

I see your confusion. I'm English, not American. My teacher complained that replacement parts for his England bought BMW would come from Mexico. Or something or other. I don't remember that well, it was ten years ago at this point.
You claim to be a player, but I fucked your wife. We bust on bad boys, niggas fucked for life

User avatar
FuckSploony

Re: GOTIS

Post by FuckSploony » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:23 pm

I made the mistake of watching a Pushing up Roses video out of curiosity since it has been years since i last remembered she existed and for some reason one of her videos appeared in related videos... decided to see the video which was a q&a to see wtf was she doing... a few questions in and she is talking about wanting to do sjw related stuff... no, really, she said social justice related stuff is what she wants to do.... wtf?

I dont know what this has to do with anything, but i was just a little too wtf'd? after that.

User avatar
rabidtictac
Posts: 4092
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:25 pm

Re: GOTIS

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:59 pm

I don't want to turn this into another SJW thread, but it sure is weird how basically all of the TGWTG members jumped onto the SJW fad.

User avatar
da PAC Nigguh
Posts: 1166
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:06 am

Re: GOTIS

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:10 pm

No one gives a fuck about angry reviewing anymore and not virtue signalling will get you blacklisted so its the easiest, laziest option.

User avatar
Kugelfisch
Supreme Shitposter
Posts: 5036
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:36 pm

Re: GOTIS

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:47 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:28 pm
I see your confusion. I'm English, not American. My teacher complained that replacement parts for his England bought BMW would come from Mexico. Or something or other. I don't remember that well, it was ten years ago at this point.
Now that's really odd. I don't know enough about replacement parts to say for sure where they are made. I'm sure lots of generic shit comes from eastern Europe as well. I do know that all the generic parts for VW, Audi, Skoda, Seat, Porsche, Lancia and FIAT used to come from the same manufacturer. At least it used to be that way fifteen years ago when I worked as a car mechanic for half a year. Stuff like rubber tubes and oil filters would come in those grey boxes with all those logos on them.

But I assure you that all main line models are actually made in Germany. Except for Opel but I believe it's called something different on Monkey Island anyway. Vauxhall or something? Opel has been dead since GM bought them and just uses the brand's name.
Hail Eris, all hail Discordia!
Rapeculture wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:41 am
Have I forgotten to call Lindsay a cunt today?

User avatar
Poonoo
Site Admin
Posts: 1521
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:16 pm

Re: GOTIS

Post by Poonoo » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:19 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:59 pm
I don't want to turn this into another SJW thread, but it sure is weird how basically all of the TGWTG members jumped onto the SJW fad.
It isn't really. SJWs are the way they are because they are sheltered pussies who can't handle dissent. Webcomic artists jumped on the bandwagon too, you know why? Because dismissing someone as a "troll" doesn't work anymore (remember when they used to call DHI "trolls" even though we never engaged them?), Le Trollface is cool with the kids so it doesn't work as a way to dismiss criticism. But calling them a bigot? That is more effective, it's a great way to shield yourself from any criticism or self reflection.

It's not the only reason people become SJWs, some seek power from it because they are spoiled brats who were never told no by mummy and daddy (Zoe Quinn), some do it because they are old and stupid and think this is how you relate to young people (Sarah Silverman), some do it to overcompensate for being a creepy sex offender (Nicholas Nyberg), some do it because they are paid to push a narrative (CNN/MSM in general) but some are internet nobodies who needed a way to shelter themselves from criticism.

It's why Spoony suddenly endorses this shit when in his Avatar Movie Vlog with Miles he said he was "sick of this white guilt bullshit" and in one of his Twilight Vlogs he said that the movies objectify men.



14:30 he starts. He wouldn't be caught dead saying that now.
Guest wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:46 pm
The main problem with the movement is that it's a movement in the first place.

User avatar
Kugelfisch
Supreme Shitposter
Posts: 5036
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:36 pm

Re: GOTIS

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:39 am

He also looked like he'd take regular showers back then. Ironically, the only way he'd be caught in one today would be dead.
Hail Eris, all hail Discordia!
Rapeculture wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:41 am
Have I forgotten to call Lindsay a cunt today?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest