Bill Nye the Social Science Guy

Talk about the internet itself instead of people.
Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Bill Nye the Social Science Guy

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:28 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:59 pm
He was known for wacky skits like this:
So in other words, exceedingly boring and underwhelming attemps to humor people.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:43 pm

I guess. It seemed funny at the time. His show was very low budget and it was fun to see what the guys could do with it every week on $13 bucks.
But he (wisely) jumped ship when the opportunity for his own PBS show came.
He seemed like a fun guy, the kind of person you'd want to hang out with. This was in the days before social media, when most people didn't wear their idiotic beliefs on their sleeve.
お前はもう死んでいる。

asdf

Post by asdf » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:57 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:54 pm

TL;DR: The Bible is actually right sometimes... I guess?
I took a hermeneutics class (teaches you that studying biblical texts takes into account both the context of the text and the context of the time it was written). I know what's going on with Biblical texts.

The reason I say things like, "whether it's meant to be interpreted that way or not," is simply because there are plenty of english translations that are made far more loose due to the way our language works. The most common and practical example is that english really only has one word for the term, "love," but other languages have different terms for different types. While we're left to infer what type of love is meant when we see the word, other translations make it very clear, "this is a fatherly, familial love," or, "this is a love between friends."

Anyway, there are a lot of things that fascinate me when you get down to it, like the whole monogamy thing. Culture back then was very different, but their rules made sense when you framed them in the time. No risk of diseases causing problems if you only had one partner (minus a few small ones, like HPV).

asdf

Post by asdf » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:00 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:54 pm

So your Christian friends have it backwards when they say AIDS was created by God to kill faggots. It's more like, the gays got AIDS because they didn't follow the warnings on the safety manual.
Oh, forgot. This wasn't a friend of mine. This was a pastor in Kentucky who said it. He said it in all seriousness and he said it with such conviction and to a group of people who enthralled with his charisma that they went along with it. I looked at my friend sitting next to me and said, "what he just said wasn't right," and she looked at me and went, "I know, just leave it alone."

Will always stick out in my mind.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:52 am

asdf wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:57 pm
The reason I say things like, "whether it's meant to be interpreted that way or not," is simply because there are plenty of english translations that are made far more loose due to the way our language works.
Yeah, I understand, that's why I included links to that site that shows all of the various English translations of each verse. And all of the translations said that men fucking men was a serious crime and punishable by death.

It's interesting that the way it's worded specifically bans gay sex, but nothing is said about lesbian sex. So it really makes me think that it was about preventing disease.
お前はもう死んでいる。

asdf

Post by asdf » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:30 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:52 am
It's interesting that the way it's worded specifically bans gay sex, but nothing is said about lesbian sex. So it really makes me think that it was about preventing disease.
Yeah, that's always fascinated me when it comes to homosexuality. Sure, you get a lot of people who will tell you that being a lesbian is wrong, but you don't get a lot of people telling you why.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:26 pm

Lesbians don't exist and they couldn't fuck each other anyway.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:20 pm

The love for Yuri is an universal constant.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:31 pm

asdf wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:30 am
Liar Revealed wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:52 am
Yeah, that's always fascinated me when it comes to homosexuality. Sure, you get a lot of people who will tell you that being a lesbian is wrong, but you don't get a lot of people telling you why.
The Bibble probably doesn't mention lesbians because it doesn't have much to say about women in general, except to shut up and listen to their husbands/male elders. One of the biggest "girl power" stories in the Bible is about a hot chick who becomes a king's wife (along with his harem of other wives lel, so basically she's like a whore or mistress) and uses her feminine wiles to convince him to do what she wants. But what she wants is also what her male elder wants (Haman), so that's cool. Esther was the ho's name btw.

Anyway, why would the dudes writing the bible care about chicks fucking anyway? They probably couldn't openly endorse it, but secretly wanked to the thought back at their holy of holies.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

sanicvr00m

Post by sanicvr00m » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:55 pm

I believe this show might officially mark the point in history (again) where the jooooooooos finally flew too close to the sun with their degenerate culture war bullshit. This show is nothing but a "here are the tools we're using to erode western society, aren't they all so great you dumb goy?" showcase. It's not remotely entertaining in its own right and even the most libtard of liberal outlets are slamming it.

As for nye himself, the man's gone into shill mode beyond the likes of which we ever thought plausible. One segment of the show was a blatantly obvious PR maneuver for Monsanto for christ's sake. He's auctioned off his waning influence on the millennial generation to the highest bidders and this show is him delivering the goods. He will 100% retire back into obscurity within the next couple years.
SpoilerShow