bitcoin keeps climbing, normies get involved.

Talk about the internet itself instead of people.
Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Re: bitcoin keeps climbing, normies get involved.

Post by Poonoo » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:33 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:09 pm
I'd say a good chunk actively harms society with speculation bullshit driving up prices. They're basically gambling with food and stuff.
Don't forget housing. Sydney's house prices are absolutely fucked, the average house price is $1,000,000 now despite wages not going up that much. Apparently there are more investors buying homes than people, and it's being driven by the way bank money works (i.e. they fucking counterfeit that shit legally and make money when they loan it) and stupidly low interest rates.

It's not just here though. Canada, the UK and other parts of Europe are going through this shit too.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:02 am

I can't imagine someone actually taking out a loan to buy a million dollar fucking house. That shit blows my mind. Our prices are not quite that high, but they are close. Half a million is pretty standard for most places here. You'd think the economy is killer, right? All these ordinary houses are being listed for absurd prices, so the town must be full of money? Haha.

I guess they hook the DSPs of the world and make their money that way. They'd rather have a sucker like DSP who can just barely keep his head above water and toss them their money. He'll be in debt forever, which is perfect for them.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:05 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:02 am
I can't imagine someone actually taking out a loan to buy a million dollar fucking house. That shit blows my mind. Our prices are not quite that high, but they are close. Half a million is pretty standard for most places here. You'd think the economy is killer, right? All these ordinary houses are being listed for absurd prices, so the town must be full of money? Haha.

I guess they hook the DSPs of the world and make their money that way. They'd rather have a sucker like DSP who can just barely keep his head above water and toss them their money. He'll be in debt forever, which is perfect for them.
The problem is the Australian Dream is to own your own home. These banker pieces of shit are taking advantage of our culture to fuck people over and keep them in debt forever.

The houses are not worth that much, New York and San Fran apparently have similar prices in relation to average national income. Sydney is not New York and not San Fran either, San Fran doesn't have suburbia, it's just a city. Sydney has million dollar homes in middle class areas that aren't even close to the city. It's a fucking bubble that needs to pop.
Old Black Man wrote:
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:10 am

I'm pretty spoiled in my state and areas, you have the "nice" areas with houses at around 100k-300k and shit holes that you can pickup for 30k. The cool thing about this state is if you're patient enough you can find a house in a good area for that 30k price thats very livable, obviously you'll have your ritzy area's where they are million dollar houses but it's not uncommon to see nicer houses here sell for 80k easy.

My guess is people don't want to live here, because they hate the area and/or they can't find work and have to move.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:26 pm

mad bum wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:48 am
The weekend will be good? Does Germany have welfare checks too?
You don't get welfare as checks here. It's wired to your bank account. Checks are basically non-existant in Germany in the first place. Just like how most places don't accept credit cards and if they do it's Visa or Mastercard.
But I'm not talking about the people on welfare. Germans love to live well above their standard.
Big house, new car, new telephone and TV, two vacations a year. The house can be in bumfuck nowhere, the car can be some ricebowl as long as it's a SUV, doesn't matter what shithole the vacation is in as long as one traveled somewhere.

And towards the end of the month they are broke, like the dumbasses they are. But as long as Michel can somehow afford that lifestyle, he'll be fine. With everything. Sure, he doesn't like the rapefugees but he won't complain or even vote a different party. Because he "doesn't have it that bad".
Michel is in a very deep slumber and is deathly afraid of being perceived as racist, since he's been told all his life that that's the worst thing you could possibly be. It'll take the situation getting much, much worse to wake him up.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:39 am

So bitcoin has hit 14k recently, although continues to fluctuate. I remember over the summer it was around 5k

This is pretty awkward to say the least, at that amount of mom and pop investors trying to see if they can get in on it.now when the price is way to high.

This shit has to burst soon, right?
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:57 am

It's always too late to get in on something if the normies have found out about it. The people who own now should think about cashing out while the value is high. Sure, the value could go up even higher. Or it could go way down.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:14 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:57 am
It's always too late to get in on something if the normies have found out about it. The people who own now should think about cashing out while the value is high. Sure, the value could go up even higher. Or it could go way down.
The normies don't realise that Bitcoin has a history of wild booms and busts. Libertarians love it, but like their own political philosophy it is actually very unstable in practice (which is why that type of capitalism was phased out, in the 1800s there was constant market crashes and booms).
Old Black Man wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:04 pm

Isn't this basically the digital version of the Dutch tulip mania?

This shit's gonna fall, and it will be glorious.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Auli

Post by Auli » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:41 pm

I was about to buy a bit of bitcoin late 2014. Then I got sick and I just forgot lol

My friend bought some at around that time, and he's tripled or something.

Feels bad, man :(
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.