bitcoin keeps climbing, normies get involved.

Talk about the internet itself instead of people.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Re: bitcoin keeps climbing, normies get involved.

Post by ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:48 am

I've made a few hundreds of dollars with bitcoin, which isn't that hard. Would have been more impressive if I made a few millions which was possible at the timeframe I was in. It's just another way of payment, nothing special. It has value and cryptocurrency won't go away. If bitcoin will be the number one way of paying is another question but it is definately not scamming. It attracts scammers though.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Post by ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:48 am

I've had some few decent meals for it for less than a few cents and some fine hosting.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:45 pm

I'm not sure how stable a currency can be when the whole point of it is to try and sell it for real money.

I guess I think of things like digital items like cs:go skins and how those have value because it's somewhat tangible and there's a market for it, but with bitcoin it's is only worth do much because the internet says so? It's not like stocks where you're owning a part of something.

Bitcoin seems super sketch.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:27 pm

mad bum wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:45 pm
I'm not sure how stable a currency can be when the whole point of it is to try and sell it for real money.
Only normies do that the next 2 years. Before that you also could buy some dollars with euros and made some profit out of it. Nothing different.

I guess I think of things like digital items like cs:go skins and how those have value because it's somewhat tangible and there's a market for it, but with bitcoin it's is only worth do much because the internet says so?[/quote]
Fiat money is worth something because society says so. Cryptocurrency just has a little bit more advantages. And of course there are a lot of people who want to project their political beliefs under it or scam you the hell out of it. Has been for every new 'invention' in society.
It's not like stocks where you're owning a part of something.

Bitcoin seems super sketch.
It all comes down to trust. It is worth something if we both trust it has some value in it.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Post by ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:29 pm

Was me /|\

Also I've never traded the bitcoins I've had back to fiat because I buy stuff in bitcoin. Even less bitcoin by the day because it is worth more each month.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:35 pm

I don't believe the talk that it's not traceable. It's value is also way too fragile. All it takes is a couple of governments making payment with them illegal and it will tank in value.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:01 pm

Bitcoins fluctuate like crazy and might not even survive the next decade. 7/10 would not recommend.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:08 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:35 pm
I don't believe the talk that it's not traceable. It's value is also way too fragile. All it takes is a couple of governments making payment with them illegal and it will tank in value.
This stinks of the dotcom bubble shit again. Why is bitcoin valuable? Because it rises in value like crazy, most people barely know how it works and why it's all that different from using real money. It's popularity is purely based on speculative crap, a sure sign of a crash.

That doesn't mean it will go away, making money on websites didn't after the dotcom crash but after this little boom and bust some normalcy will return to cryptocurrency like the internet now.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:17 am

It's intended use, buying drugs on the internet at max security, isn't going anywhere. As such, it will always retain value.
But it won't ever become as useful as normal currency. Fiat isn't completely made up shit as coinfags would lead one to believe. It's close to it, but not exactly it. As long as you can't even buy something to eat in everyday life and dodge taxes it's worthless shit to 98% of the population.
The Fiat sperg is out of control anyway. If you're not basing it's value on the banks trust you could base it on labour, like Hitler did. The Jews wouldn't like that. You could also base it on gold reserves, which would also lead to Germany being a top five, I think even top three nation. The Jews wouldn't like that either. So no chance of anything but Fiat currency being legit internationally for the foreseeable future.

Just why does an Italian car company hold all that power is my question.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Tesla

Post by Tesla » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:34 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:35 pm
Who says it isn't traceable? The main reason bitcoin works is that it is EXTREMELY traceable. The entire block chain history is viewable which means every transaction is public knowledge.

It's WAY more traceable then regular currency if you just say paid someone cash to do something. People get around it by doing things like coinjoining where many users combine together and then use different coins for their same purchases (Like if we all traded money, but kept the same value.) However if we are all doing illegal shit with it, we're just trading crimes at that point. So make it so you can't use such a program to make legal purchases and it's fairly easy to track people down. Sure the money is by IP address and not name but that isn't the hardest thing for governments to figure out nowadays.