bitcoin keeps climbing, normies get involved.

Talk about the internet itself instead of people.

Re: bitcoin keeps climbing, normies get involved.

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:21 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:23 pm
I don't know much about bitcoin, but can't you mine it?
I saw some videos about it and in the beginning yes but now you need a power plant filled to the brim with gpu's to get anywhere and who would have thought someone actually went out there and did that :lol:

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:41 am

Charlar wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:37 pm
I don't get the appeal of crypto-currencies, even with fiat/paper money there's a physical object exchaing hands and creditds.
Amongst Libertarians it is a currency that is free from the banking system which is fucked if you know anything about it. People can transfer money to each other without any bank and transactions can't be traced with no paper trail (which made it popular for people buying drugs on the internet). Also, in many countries if a bank goes under you are not guaranteed access to your money like what happened in Cyprus. In the US and other countries they force the banks to give you a certain amount of your deposit (It's $200,000 in Australia and it was similar in the US during the crisis) but they don;t have to give you any more than that if they go under. With crypto the money if yours like owning a physical commodity, but like a commodity it can increase and decrease in price making it more unstable as we have seen recently. But the price of current money in controlled by central banks and regular banks.

It's a global digital currency that is out of the control of the elites. But to most people getting into it they see it as some speculative investment where they can make a shit ton of cash, which is why they are now panic selling since it hasn't bounced back from the recent fall.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:40 am

There's definitely a demand for cryptocurrencies. If Bitcoin will crash completely it's because some other more potential crypto will replace it. I don't really believe that will be the case, BTC is overwhelmingly the most well-known and used crypto at the moment. I have made some money with BTC and ETH and it really irks me why I sold them too early and why I didn't invest more into them +1 year ago.

Master Friedman predicted the rise of the cryptocurrencies way back in the 90s.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:26 pm

Charlar wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:37 pm
I don't get the appeal of crypto-currencies, even with fiat/paper money there's a physical object exchaing hands and creditds.
Aside from being independent from banks, there's the whole mining deal aka "Wow I'm making my own money!" (nevermind that your average Joe doesn't have the hardware to pull it off properly).

And of course, many newcomers are just using those currencies to essentially gamble.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Osterzone

Post by Osterzone » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:33 pm

It's pretty funny that Kodak, the struggling camera company, more than tripled their stock value after announcing making their own KodakCoin. They're even trying to sell mining rigs for bitcoin for over 3000 dollars.

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:58 pm

My buddy's Bit coin just went down 60%. He's all panicked. Idk why. He only put in 100 bucks.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:14 pm

He would of been better off buying 100 lottery tickets.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:17 pm

Osterzone wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:33 pm
It's pretty funny that Kodak, the struggling camera company, more than tripled their stock value after announcing making their own KodakCoin. They're even trying to sell mining rigs for bitcoin for over 3000 dollars.
That's why crytpo is such shit, I could make a DHIcoin and say you can mine it if you shitpost. Anyone can make this garbage and the only way crytpo will be taken seriously is if its consolidated and regulated so you can't just make anything you want.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Osterzone

Post by Osterzone » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:32 pm

Not sure why you're so hostile about this, bum. Only invest what you're willing to lose.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:50 pm

mad bum wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:17 pm
Osterzone wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:33 pm
That's why crytpo is such shit, I could make a DHIcoin and say you can mine it if you shitpost. Anyone can make this garbage and the only way crytpo will be taken seriously is if its consolidated and regulated so you can't just make anything you want.
Only a few cryptos are worth a shit, with Bitcoin being the big one. It's like with search engines and social media sites, initially there is a flood of crap but eventually a big dog emerges.

This is why Bitcoin will be around for a while, there will only be a set amount of them for 100 years no matter what.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.