Youtube

Talk about the internet itself instead of people.
Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Youtube

Post by Poonoo » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:45 pm

Post about the place that makes youtubers sperg but makes them keep coming back like the good bitches they are.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Youtube

Post by Rushy » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:48 pm

Well, as Dr. Who once said: "It's a madhouse, it's all full of Arabs."
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:43 am

So that new restricted function that YT has to filter out "extreme content"? It filters every single video of JonTron and PewDiePie and not just the alt-right people you'd expect to get hit with it.
Trying to kill them off with smear campaigns only got them more subscribers so I guess that's the next attempt.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:06 am

Didn't this also block many LGBTQ videos for their "sexual" content, leading to many a visibly shaking?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Big Brown Titties

Post by Big Brown Titties » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:41 pm

That shit better not filter out Korean fancams. That's a fucking deal breaker!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:23 pm

Well, it is fully optional AFAIK. Just some stupid family filter of sorts.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:41 pm

It's optional if you have an account. They will make it on by default anyway I'm sure.
It did block some gay shit but not nearly enough.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:18 pm

"Optional" for now, and by the quotes I mean it's probably being stealth applied to keep views down on problematic content. No way do they create a program like that and NOT abuse it. They are incapable.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:49 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:So that new restricted function that YT has to filter out "extreme kahntent"? It filters every single video of JonTron and PewDiePie and not just the alt-right people you'd expect to get hit with it.
Trying to kill them off with smear campaigns only got them more subscribers so I guess that's the next attempt.
We knew that YouTube would eventually have to get rid of these "advertiser unfriendly" channels, though. There are more than a few sexymgtow 1488 great b8 m8 channels, RamzPaul channels, RooshV channels, people screaming fuck all the time channels, etc. YouTube wants YouTube Red. They want that Netflix money and they want YouTube to be a "family" corporation because that shit sells a lot better and more easily than Francis screaming fuck at his computer while shaking his babyfat hands.

All these guys who use YouTube as their main income source are about to get cut off at the knees. They never realized, as I've said before, that YT doesn't owe them a living. YT could change their website tomorrow to be all YouTube Red and there's not a damn thing anyone could do about it because it's Google's fucking website that they pay for. Nobody else has stepped up and offered to pay for hosting for millions of sperges uploading shit-tier videos AND paying those sperges ad revenue for the privilege of doing so.

Back in the days before YT had a monopoly, other video hosters (and YT) had time limits, filesize limits and didn't pay you ad monies. They'd delete certain types of videos out of hand. Funny how these e-celeb fuckers forget what that was like. BLIP BLIP BLIP went under because the spergepay model only works if you have that monopoly and massive audience like YouTube has, or maybe I should say that you can break even when you're the only game in town.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Griever

Post by Griever » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:00 am

Youtube has gotten more retarded by the second since Google first bought it way back in the early 2000s. The site was never supposed to be about paid content creators or any of this Youtube Red faggotry; it was supposed to be a place for people to shitpost videos on the internet for FUN. In the beginning of Google's reign over Youtube, the most annoying thing they did was push through tons of unnecessary API changes that made the site a clusterfuck to deal with and suppressed smaller content creators. Now, with shit like YT Red and the new c̶u̶l̶t̶u̶r̶a̶l̶ ̶e̶n̶r̶i̶c̶h̶m̶e̶n̶t̶ restricted mode, Youtube has gone full retard to the point that it will pretty much become unusable, all for the sake of earning Google some quick sheckles.

The funniest part is that Google's plan to turn Youtube into the next Netflix will almost certainly fail. It's just like when they launched Google Plus to try to take social media market share from Facebook. Google Plus fell flat on its face, because it failed to understand what people liked about Facebook. Similarly, Google doesn't understand that what makes Youtube popular and what makes Netflix popular are very different things. People go to Youtube to watch dumb, relatively short video clips, usually between 1 minute and 10 minutes, that they don't have to pay for. Netflix is for professionally made tv shows and full length movies, not for 5 minute clips of a bunch of autistic 12 year olds screeching into a shitty microphone about 'muh vidya.' No one wants to pay for the latter.