Youtube

Talk about the internet itself instead of people.
Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Re: Youtube

Post by Old Black Man » Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:22 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:28 pm
German rower legend Peter-Michael Kolbe is ded.
Bet ya didn't notice that.
Well of course I didn’t, msauce didn’t post it.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:16 pm

Le Redditeur wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:07 pm
Not gonna lie - they have inconvenienced adblokcing badly enough that most short-attention span zoomers will just pay for Youtube Premium.
I think I'm not the only person who is never gonna fucking pay for YouTube Premium specifically because of the fact Jewtube is trying to force it down my throat.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:06 pm
Nah, they'll wait out the ads.
If YouTube ever stops updating their anti-adblock measures, they're fucked. :lol: This arms race is only continuing so long as YouTube is stubborn. My guess is they've chosen now to be belligerent because holiday ads are worth the largest amount of money. If I had to guess, when February hits they may back off a bit.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:52 pm

I wouldn't bet on it. They've mostly been an ad agency for quite a while now. Their search engine has gone to absolute shit, barely being better than fucking Bing, and the search function on YT itself has been absolutely useless for many years now.

They data hoard and advertise. The former mostly to improve the latter. If it's one thing they will not back off from ever it's trying to fuck over adblocking.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:48 pm

Is Youtube doing another round of retarded UI updates that nobody was asking for? It seems the comment and recommended video sections have changed places.
This is pretty dumb in and of itself, but it's extra stupid when you're watching through a playlist because YT is now unable to show playlist and comments at the same time.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:49 am

Rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:01 am

And now everything's back to normal.
Good choice. Not only was the new layout ass, but also buggy af. The like button would routinely faill to update itself to show that I've liked the video already, and if I made the browser window too small (even just resizing to half of the screen was enough) the video player would stop responding to mouse clicks.
I guess all the new diversity hire programmers were too busy staring at their socks.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette